Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Edifice : a shot at product photography

  1. #1

    Default Edifice : a shot at product photography


    Im trying my hand at product photography....who knows...someone might wanna commission me to photograph their products..

    thanks for dropping by..CnC's highly appreciated


    Note : the Edifice logo featured here is a copyrighted logo of Casio under its G-shock series. This Photomontage is uploaded for personal purposes only and will not be used for commercial interests. I am not an affiliate of Casio International hence any information derived from this post should not be taken as official. Should Casio and/or the moderator of this forum find my image inappropriate, I will have no objection to have this photo taken down.
    Last edited by reinier; 30th March 2009 at 09:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Member retrovox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Good shot. Impressive!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    really like the blue background color in contrast to the watch
    very nice

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bukit Gombak
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Definately Good and clean
    The sharpness on the watch really caught my eye.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by retrovox View Post
    Good shot. Impressive!
    thanks bro...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by shmuckerz View Post
    really like the blue background color in contrast to the watch
    very nice
    thanks man...the blue background is actually the box that came with the watch... so i guess the credit goes to the marketing designers of the watch.. hehehe...I was just happy to use it as background..

  7. #7

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by marvintheroundone View Post
    Definately Good and clean
    The sharpness on the watch really caught my eye.
    thanks man..i really intented to keep it sharp...some problems occur with sharpness though....dusts start to show...i had to process them out of the photo after..

  8. #8

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    hi

    great shot. keep it up

    Cheers
    Shaz
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

  9. #9

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by GoheadGostern View Post
    hi

    great shot. keep it up

    Cheers
    Shaz
    thanks shaz...

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City area, SG
    Posts
    379

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Looks like a pro ad.. Ring casio up, maybe their marketing dept will hook you up with a freelance job

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Nice.

    And I like the Edifice series of Casio watches, too!
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  12. #12

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Really look like pro one lo! Great job! It would be better is if you can post the image bigger

  13. #13

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by redtealongan View Post
    Looks like a pro ad.. Ring casio up, maybe their marketing dept will hook you up with a freelance job
    hahaha..thanks bro....i just might do that...hehehe..anything to get extra cash..

  14. #14

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Nice.

    And I like the Edifice series of Casio watches, too!
    hahaha..thanks man...yeah...their series looks cool for a not-so-expensive watch..

  15. #15

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon93 View Post
    Really look like pro one lo! Great job! It would be better is if you can post the image bigger
    thanks bro..

  16. #16

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    the hand of the watch should be in the ten o'clock position. beside it a nice shot.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Weeloon is indeed right that the "standard" for the hands is around the 10.07 position, but for this particular watch, I think you made a good decision in the hands placement. Have to watch for the hands moving out of position a couple of minutes later though (like in the bottom right small pic, and including the red hand in the bottom circle). I would also suggest putting the watch around a small cushion or stand (the type that comes with these boxes) instead of just putting it flat.
    Last edited by AlteredVision; 30th March 2009 at 02:54 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Can start knocking on doors already....keep on knocking, one of them will open and let you in. Good Luck.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by kohweeloon View Post
    the hand of the watch should be in the ten o'clock position. beside it a nice shot.
    thanks weelon...yeah....i regret that i have only known that after i took this shot...

    will take note of that in my next watch shoot..

  20. #20

    Default Re: Edifice : a shot at product photography

    Quote Originally Posted by AlteredVision View Post
    Weeloon is indeed right that the "standard" for the hands is around the 10.07 position, but for this particular watch, I think you made a good decision in the hands placement. Have to watch for the hands moving out of position a couple of minutes later though (like in the bottom right small pic, and including the red hand in the bottom circle). I would also suggest putting the watch around a small cushion or stand (the type that comes with these boxes) instead of just putting it flat.
    Thanks altered vision.....hahaha...i dare not take credit on the hands placement..as that was the time when i took the shot..... nevertheless, its a good lesson for me...next time, I should also consider hands placement...thanks very much bro...

    agree on the cushion too...the cushion that came with it looked good as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •