• Photo Bucket

51 10.24%
  • Picasa Web Albums

41 8.23%
  • Others

72 14.46%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Where do you host your images?

Default Re: Where do you host your images?

Quote Originally Posted by tentencents View Post
    I use to have a Flickr pro account but had problems logging into my account, the customer service wasn’t very good and could only communicate via email which for a paid service seems poor. Was never able to resolve the issue. A few months after my pro account expired then I was able to log in etc. I figured it must have been a problem on their backend but having no way to contact anyone – it was money down the drain.

Anyway switched to SmugMug and am happy with it but yes agree with a comment posted – Flickr is great for the community features and sharing.
    But if you want the greatest photo viewing pleasure and customizable web layout, Zenfolio and Smugmug are the best choices.

Careful if you are using photobucket. I read somewhere that if you upload your images there, you are giving them rights to use your images even for commercial purposes.

I upload most of my images on Facebook actually (!!!) but very few goes to Flickr. I thought the interface in Flickr feels rather clunky though.

I preferred Flickr. I like the Group option, you can search and join different groups by camera model, lens, subject, community, etc. They also have their own discussion forum.

I chose Zenfolio over flickr because Zenfolio looks more professional. It allow a certain degree of customisation so that your portfolio layout is not the same as others portfolio hosted by Zenfolio. It also allows background music during slideshow. The price is USD25, which, if I am not wrong, is the same as flickr.
    Visit my portfolio at http://woeilee.zenfolio.com

I chose others because I created my own site which I think involves some hassle but doesn't have certain restrictions that other hosting sites have. That said, it really involves quite a bit of hassle but I was lucky to have someone help me out with it

Anyone tried Wix?

http://www.wix.com

Own server (at home, dyndns for host name, LAMP). Full control, but also full workload. But a nice workout for the brain.
    EOS

Last time I used Pbase.
    Now, using Flickr and Picasa.

Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    A few of my friends lost their whole collection of pictures because they can no longer read the DVDs after a year or two.
    Always back up your important files with several copies and different media.
    I back up using DVD and portable hardisk (sometimes 1, sometimes 2).
    So far no problem. How long it can last, it depends.

Flickr will be easy to use....
    *Simba* loves D700 + 24-70

I used Flickr. I like free things

Flickr is still é best now that they double the amount of storage for unpaid user and increase the amount of set that can be created. Flickr also has a large community.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    Flickr is still é best now that they double the amount of storage for unpaid user and increase the amount of set that can be created. Flickr also has a large community.
    the Flickr free storage use can be gobbled up very easily if you upload frequently. no doubt the community is there, but for a hobbyist, you are bound to come to this message sooner or later..

You've run into one of the limits of a free account. Your free account will only display the most recent 200 things you've uploaded.
    Anything beyond 200 will remain hidden from view until you either delete newer items, or upgrade to a Pro account.

Nothing has been deleted, and if you upgrade, they'll all come back unharmed.

Have been pleased with Smugmug so far but Flickr does seem to have a more vibrant community going on. Can tell from the polls that it's obviously more popular

I upload my images to Photobucket so that I can send a link to my clients/editors, and they can go take a look and select pix they want.

I don't use Flickr because one has to be a registered Flickr member in order to view, if I am not mistaken. My clients don't have time for that. Not sure if that status has changed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    I upload my images to Photobucket so that I can send a link to my clients/editors, and they can go take a look and select pix they want.

I don't use Flickr because one has to be a registered Flickr member in order to view, if I am not mistaken. My clients don't have time for that. Not sure if that status has changed, though.
    You need to be a member to view photos marked as private. I use it as an outlet for my shots, and as a useful source of motivation. For sharing pics with friends/family, I use Picasa.

Also heard that the pro Smugmug account gives you a custom URL.

Flickr for me at the moment. Still far from the 200 photos mark for me to make a decision

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Own server (at home, dyndns for host name, LAMP). Full control, but also full workload. But a nice workout for the brain.
    That is really nice Octarine ... someday i might just try out something like that when i got more time at hand ..

Meanwhile i just subscribe to some cheap hosting service and link my pics from my existing pro flickr account

Ryan

flickr is cheap and gd~
    www.************/hugemouth

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy

No need la..

Unless they want to see Flickr page and you restrict viewership. Otherwise even if set to private, picture link will work.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast