Thread: Project Charity - The Proposal

Default Project Charity - The Proposal

Hi all,

I am not sure if anyone here has been visiting old folks home or visit those old folks who stay all by themselves in the rented HDB flat.

Just wish to hear from you guys if there is an interest to visit these old folks together representing ClubSNAP, and probably if situation is allowed, taking shots of these old folks can be nice...before some of them leave this world unknown...otherwise we can simply share our kindness by spending some time with them coz some of them can be very lonely...as they might have any children to visit them for some reasons...

Maybe can named this project i.e. ClubSNAP Charity... or what other names that you can think of...please share...
    If the response for this project is good, then we shall look into more details to make it possible.

This idea of charity was inspired by sukevin, who post a thread - She's no longer around. He took a shot of this chair, which belongs to one of the old folks that he has been visiting. But since now that she had passed away, it is empty now. If sukevin has taken any photos of this old folk before, then it will be nice to keep that as momento...

Imagine you are able to make the remaining days of one of these old folks - a happy and heart-warmth experience for them; you are doing something good and life-giving to them. I understand it takes a lot of time to do this project, but in ClubSNAP, we have so many members...with each contribution, it will be suffice...

However, this is just a proposal & hope to hear from you soon...feel free to contribute any ideas or plans that you think it might improve this project...

Default Re: Project Charity - The Proposal

I feel it is a worthy idea, but a lot of potential obstacles to overcome.

However, since it's an outreach rather than a hard-core charity, it might not need the necessary police permits and approvals.

There have been quite a few small outreach groups doing their bit over time.

Many people are too lonely, and even though some choose to live alone, if this project takes off, at least they know that they do not have to die a faceless name, if they so choose.

I feel very honored to be able to inspire such a drive and to see my name appearing here ... Do keep me informed of this event I'm very much interested to helpout in anyway I can ...
    Canon 50D| 28-75mm 2.8 : 50mm 1.8 : 85mm 1.8 | 580EX-II |

Infact I've some ideas for this project but would like to see how is the response from the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by ettk75 View Post
    Hi all,

I am not sure if anyone here has been visiting old folks home or visit those old folks who stay all by themselves in the rented HDB flat.

Just wish to hear from you guys if there is an interest to visit these old folks together representing ClubSNAP, and probably if situation is allowed, taking shots of these old folks can be nice...before some of them leave this world unknown...otherwise we can simply share our kindness by spending some time with them coz some of them can be very lonely...as they might have any children to visit them for some reasons...

Maybe can named this project i.e. ClubSNAP Charity... or what other names that you can think of...please share...
    If the response for this project is good, then we shall look into more details to make it possible.

This idea of charity was inspired by sukevin, who post a thread - She's no longer around. He took a shot of this chair, which belongs to one of the old folks that he has been visiting. But since now that she had passed away, it is empty now. If sukevin has taken any photos of this old folk before, then it will be nice to keep that as momento...

Imagine you are able to make the remaining days of one of these old folks - a happy and heart-warmth experience for them; you are doing something good and life-giving to them. I understand it takes a lot of time to do this project, but in ClubSNAP, we have so many members...with each contribution, it will be suffice...

However, this is just a proposal & hope to hear from you soon...feel free to contribute any ideas or plans that you think it might improve this project...
    Actually, i think you have to be very careful on what is the main objective of this 'Project'.
    Alot of times, these old folks are more in need of company and basic essentials.

You can most prob go in the name of charity under club snap to assist and help these homes/old folks but i think the cameras should be kept at home.
    Im very sure alot of old folks are very uncomfortable with cameras although they make good subjects for some pics.

Regards
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Legoz View Post
    Actually, i think you have to be very careful on what is the main objective of this 'Project'.
    Alot of times, these old folks are more in need of company and basic essentials.

You can most prob go in the name of charity under club snap to assist and help these homes/old folks but i think the cameras should be kept at home.
    Im very sure alot of old folks are very uncomfortable with cameras although they make good subjects for some pics.

Regards
    Hi Legoz,

Thank you for the reminder.

This issue has ever come across my mind before I start this thread that the old folks might not be comfortable with the cameras. That is why I have stated that "if situation allowed", which means permission has to be granted by the old folks before any shots can be taken or even before the camera can be taken out.

If the old folks are not keen on the shots, then all cameras will not be exposed to them at all; not even to take snap shots from distance - as a form of respect.

My motive for this idea is to tell others that members of ClubSNAP do not just keep on talking about photography, but also able to be beneficial to the needy.

As for using the word "Project", it is just a mere title for this thread, which is why I have requested for all to suggest a name for it. Also this may be an on-going thing for us, unless otherwise it has to be ceased for some reasons.

I would say that the motive behind this idea is to accompany these old folks and to do something for them as they have already contribute their part to the society during the younger days in their very own way, be it little or alot.

In conclusion, responses and comments about this movement are most welcomed, so as to justify if this will be concrete or just mere plan. Most important is that we need to have at least a group of certain manpower in order to execute this possible; otherwise it will be just a topic that has been discussed to gain awareness.

Anyway, bro thanks again for highlighting this point. We shall see what the opinions of the rest here.

Hi ettk75,

It is encouraging to see someone in Clubsnap, taking initiative in reaching out to the old folks. I will like to share some of my experiences.

Last year, I have been volunteering in a outreach project, doing house cleaning in Bedok area every 5 weeks. It is very heart warming to see the homes that you have to clean, getting better. And the living conditions changed.

I can still clearly remember the first time i visited the house, it was infested with cockroaches. You can see them running around and we had to throw a lot of stuffs away, as it was bitten up badly.

For photography, it will be quite hard as most of them are not comfortable. They are not keen in letting people know their situation. Even getting into their homes is a challenge some times.

Will definitely support you.

Quote Originally Posted by rainwhisper View Post
    Hi ettk75,

It is encouraging to see someone in Clubsnap, taking initiative in reaching out to the old folks. I will like to share some of my experiences.

Last year, I have been volunteering in a outreach project, doing house cleaning in Bedok area every 5 weeks. It is very heart warming to see the homes that you have to clean, getting better. And the living conditions changed.

I can still clearly remember the first time i visited the house, it was infested with cockroaches. You can see them running around and we had to throw a lot of stuffs away, as it was bitten up badly.

For photography, it will be quite hard as most of them are not comfortable. They are not keen in letting people know their situation. Even getting into their homes is a challenge some times.

Will definitely support you.
    Good to know that you are experienced in this aspect.

I am agreed with you on the comfortability level for these old folks. I appreciated your comments on this.

Since this is the case, then we shall see if we can look into the possible to simply doing the charity part & minus away the photography.

In order for this to happen, we need sufficient manpower. Shall see the response and decide if we should continue to expand the discussion for any plan.

is a good charity project indeed. however, just to highlight this, if anyone wish to do anything in the name of ClubSNAP, whether is charitable or profitable project, should seek the permission of the owner of ClubSNAP first.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    is a good charity project indeed. however, just to highlight this, if anyone wish to do anything in the name of ClubSNAP, whether is charitable or profitable project, should seek the permission of the owner of ClubSNAP first.
    Ok, shall do so if confirm this project is to be a go-ahead...thanks for highlighting it...

the problem of photographing them might not be just because of being uncomfortable, but more towards confidentiality....

most homes i went to , kids or old folks , the social/care/staff workers advise against having pics taken

ClubSNAP Admin

Who ever want to do this, you have all our support.

An example what ClubSNAP members has done in the past.

http://www.clubsnap.com/display.php?...awwa/index.htm

What is needed is to drop us a note and keep us inform, so that we are able to answer to any queries in the event if any authorities should contact ClubSNAP.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post