Thread: Clean-room gloves

Default Clean-room gloves

Anyone knows where to get these? or any thin, lint-free nylon gloves. I want these to handle film without scratching it.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Clean-room gloves

I am not sure whether it is available in Singapore (I would be most surprised if it is not). Disposable surgical gloves would be the go. I use them in my other hobby of numismatics as just a tiny finger print would devalue an uncirculated coin.

They are cheap as peanuts and comes in boxes of 50.

Quote Originally Posted by coinfucious888 View Post
    I am not sure whether it is available in Singapore (I would be most surprised if it is not). Disposable surgical gloves would be the go. I use them in my other hobby of numismatics as just a tiny finger print would devalue an uncirculated coin.

They are cheap as peanuts and comes in boxes of 50.
    I thought those surgical gloves will have some power in it that might not be suitable for handling film?

There is different type.

1. Powdered
    2. lightly powdered
    3. Powde free

Different types:
    http://www.eqplusinc.com/Cranberry-P...rs-p/cpfms.htm

The powder free one will have problem putting on if you have sweaty palm.

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I thought those surgical gloves will have some power in it that might not be suitable for handling film?
    You can get them in two versions....powdered ones and powder free ones.....similar to food handling latex gloves.

thanks for all the tips. I'll get some disposable non-powdered surgical gloves first. probably cheaper also

use nitrile gloves, latex is cheaper though but permeable to many chemicals.

either vinyl or nitrile gloves are power free, and usually dont have lint nor any of those little particles on them
    pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    use nitrile gloves, latex is cheaper though but permeable to many chemicals.
    roger that.. thx

Surgical gloves usually come sealed in individual sterile packs and are costly.

Examination gloves come in non-sterile packs or boxes, with the powdered, lightly and non-powdered options.

Quote Originally Posted by boyboy View Post
    roger that.. thx
    if you stay near jurong west, and willing to drop by campus at ntu, i can give you a few pairs to try out first. the gloves are disposable, but if you dont tear them etc or if you wear a size bigger, i.e. large/extra large, its quite re-usable.
    pedantic.

the last time i bought them from daiso but not sure if they still carry them. iirc it was bundled in 2pairs per pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Surgical gloves usually come sealed in individual sterile packs and are costly.

Examination gloves come in non-sterile packs or boxes, with the powdered, lightly and non-powdered options.
    i have yet to check out the price. don't mind spending a bit but need to see how much first.

Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    if you stay near jurong west, and willing to drop by campus at ntu, i can give you a few pairs to try out first. the gloves are disposable, but if you dont tear them etc or if you wear a size bigger, i.e. large/extra large, its quite re-usable.
    i paiseh leh.. also more convenient to get it myself and not have to trouble you. but really really appreciate the thought and the offer!

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    the last time i bought them from daiso but not sure if they still carry them. iirc it was bundled in 2pairs per pack.
    thx for the tip. i'll check out daiso too. i just hope it's unpowederd

PM me your address and I'll send you some examination ones. No charge.

There are no issues with gloves made of cloth, lint or no lint. I prefer those for film than latex gloves.

if you get any moisture on latex gloves you will smudge the film easily. OF course, you get around that by using sterile gloves and changing it all the time with a fresh one. What you want to do is to prevent fingerprints and smudges on the film, and fabric gloves (used by drivers, etc) does that. If you get lints on the film you can easily blow it away. Smudges are difficult to get out.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

Quote Originally Posted by boyboy View Post
    thx for the tip. i'll check out daiso too. i just hope it's unpowederd
    it's unpowdered. i use it for laminating prints and assembling flush albums as well as during scanning.