Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Clean-room gloves

  1. #1

    Default Clean-room gloves

    Anyone knows where to get these? or any thin, lint-free nylon gloves. I want these to handle film without scratching it.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Member coinfucious888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    I am not sure whether it is available in Singapore (I would be most surprised if it is not). Disposable surgical gloves would be the go. I use them in my other hobby of numismatics as just a tiny finger print would devalue an uncirculated coin.

    They are cheap as peanuts and comes in boxes of 50.

  3. #3
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Quote Originally Posted by coinfucious888 View Post
    I am not sure whether it is available in Singapore (I would be most surprised if it is not). Disposable surgical gloves would be the go. I use them in my other hobby of numismatics as just a tiny finger print would devalue an uncirculated coin.

    They are cheap as peanuts and comes in boxes of 50.
    I thought those surgical gloves will have some power in it that might not be suitable for handling film?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    There is different type.

    1. Powdered
    2. lightly powdered
    3. Powde free

  5. #5

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Different types:
    http://www.eqplusinc.com/Cranberry-P...rs-p/cpfms.htm

    The powder free one will have problem putting on if you have sweaty palm.

  6. #6
    Member coinfucious888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I thought those surgical gloves will have some power in it that might not be suitable for handling film?
    You can get them in two versions....powdered ones and powder free ones.....similar to food handling latex gloves.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    thanks for all the tips. I'll get some disposable non-powdered surgical gloves first. probably cheaper also

  8. #8

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    use nitrile gloves, latex is cheaper though but permeable to many chemicals.

    either vinyl or nitrile gloves are power free, and usually dont have lint nor any of those little particles on them
    pedantic.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    use nitrile gloves, latex is cheaper though but permeable to many chemicals.
    roger that.. thx

  10. #10

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Surgical gloves usually come sealed in individual sterile packs and are costly.

    Examination gloves come in non-sterile packs or boxes, with the powdered, lightly and non-powdered options.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Quote Originally Posted by boyboy View Post
    roger that.. thx
    if you stay near jurong west, and willing to drop by campus at ntu, i can give you a few pairs to try out first. the gloves are disposable, but if you dont tear them etc or if you wear a size bigger, i.e. large/extra large, its quite re-usable.
    pedantic.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    the last time i bought them from daiso but not sure if they still carry them. iirc it was bundled in 2pairs per pack.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Surgical gloves usually come sealed in individual sterile packs and are costly.

    Examination gloves come in non-sterile packs or boxes, with the powdered, lightly and non-powdered options.
    i have yet to check out the price. don't mind spending a bit but need to see how much first.

    Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    if you stay near jurong west, and willing to drop by campus at ntu, i can give you a few pairs to try out first. the gloves are disposable, but if you dont tear them etc or if you wear a size bigger, i.e. large/extra large, its quite re-usable.
    i paiseh leh.. also more convenient to get it myself and not have to trouble you. but really really appreciate the thought and the offer!

    Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    the last time i bought them from daiso but not sure if they still carry them. iirc it was bundled in 2pairs per pack.
    thx for the tip. i'll check out daiso too. i just hope it's unpowederd

  14. #14

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    PM me your address and I'll send you some examination ones. No charge.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    There are no issues with gloves made of cloth, lint or no lint. I prefer those for film than latex gloves.

    if you get any moisture on latex gloves you will smudge the film easily. OF course, you get around that by using sterile gloves and changing it all the time with a fresh one. What you want to do is to prevent fingerprints and smudges on the film, and fabric gloves (used by drivers, etc) does that. If you get lints on the film you can easily blow it away. Smudges are difficult to get out.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

  16. #16

    Default Re: Clean-room gloves

    Quote Originally Posted by boyboy View Post
    thx for the tip. i'll check out daiso too. i just hope it's unpowederd
    it's unpowdered. i use it for laminating prints and assembling flush albums as well as during scanning.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •