Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Mollers who give excuses ...

Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

Hi my name is aivilo, i am a chiobu virgin who gave birth to a sicko boy who always falls sick and i am a pilot born by nature. I am looking for a machine gunner to cover my back while i fly pilot. email me for rates and pigginie shoots please, but nono i do not do linkgerie and pigginie shoots k

was reading thru from page 1 to page 8, thou i never try shooting model of TFCD or paid shoots. I take my stand with the photographers that feel that we should blacklist irresponsible models.

freelancing be it a photographer or model, its a job and we should all be responsible adult or young adult. benefit of the doubt that calling in sick the nite b4 or last min to inform the other party that you cant make it, I believe that you should do so with a call and not sms. upon hearing the voice, we can more or less tell better if the other party is really sick or not (less those actress train type)

my 2 cent suggestion is to have a vote list of the models that advertise themselves on CS and maybe the same goes for photographers that often engage models.

example: model name: ABC thumb up 20 thumb down 3

the vote list should be control by either a Mod or a very well trusted CS member. and that negative votes be only confirm when the party that got stood up either saw the other party at another shoot session or had been informed by other party. give and take the negative vote will only be reflected onto the list after 1-3 days of the event giving the benefit of the doubt that if the person for what ever reason cant contact the affected party due to accident or any un-controllable cause.

this way any good model/photographer will have more thumbs up than down, and ppl who see the list will know better that which person can be trusted more.

of cos the negative vote to be submitted up to the list admin should indicate the
    1. reason for no show
    2. number of attempts to contact the MIA party
    3. the pilot party make any compensation effort?

and after 1-3 days of no response from the voter to redraw his/her negative vote as the other party has genuinely apologized and compensated the affected party. the vote will be updated onto the list

the list should not be used to rate if the model is good at posing or style as all this are experiences and personal views, model get better with more jobs and guidance. the list should only be use to reflect the work commitment and responsibility the model or photographer.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Quote Originally Posted by nixontkl View Post
    was reading thru from page 1 to page 8,

the list should not be used to rate if the model is good at posing or style as all this are experiences and personal views, model get better with more jobs and guidance. the list should only be use to reflect the work commitment and responsibility the model or photographer.
    Lots of work, and the band will stuff the voting process. There are also so many models coming through, and not all have a visible presence on CS, any official list will be hard to maintain and incomplete.

That said, I always ask around, for references. I look at the model's portfolio, determine who is the photographer, and go direct for or .
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    ................. that time of the month, ...............
    bro, this one is serious la, excusable IMHO ....
    sometimes they are no warning signs, like Tsunami ....
    and some flow like Niagara falls

but of course we jolly well have to take the moller's words for it ...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    bro, this one is serious la, excusable IMHO ....
    sometimes they are no warning signs, like Tsunami ....
    and some flow like Niagara falls

but of course we jolly well have to take the moller's words for it ...
    One used that excuse 3 times in 6 weeks. As I said, I do check references, and I will give comments or endorsements for models too.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

vince123123
    Guests

Haiz, more backpedalling.

Take a look at your posts again, the mention of "sick" only applies to Canonised post. However, I am addressing the earlier post you made saying calling for people to be understanding to models.

If you wish to quote two people in a single post and only have certain paragraphs apply to certain people, then you will be better off separating your posts rather than get "misunderstood" and backpedal later.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    The sick scenario is brought up by Canonised. Did you ever read?

Nevermind. Adio~

**Slap myself for coming back to reply

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    I will book from you. ONCE.

I think the scenario here is the moller called up and give a reason for not coming for the job.
    Not a no-show scenario. Just that some photographer think that the excuse is absurd (and my point is who are we to judge?).

We often call in sick on the morning. Do we force ourself to work and had the boss sent us home after that? What if we spread the virus to our colleague? In this case, the photographers.

I am sure we are disappointed when a shoot is cancelled as we make time for it. It's any better to be told of the cancellation face to face as compare to a phone-call or sms?

In this I really have to agree with the others .. I think you are determined to show your face of compassion that I think you don't quite get what we are trying to say and/or do with this thread ..

Mainly it's to alert each other to people, mollers or photogs, who frequently fail to show after giving their commitments ... We are not referring to one-off cases of no shows, but rather to alert each other of models with unwelcome "trends" ... As I said, an incident happening to you can be the tenth time the same model does it, but to different people ... Or even as some of the photogs have mentioned, giving frivolous reasons and frequently, like getting menstral problems 3 times in 6 weeks ....(as stated by DP)

Since you brought up the point about calling in sick at work ... try doing it often see what your superiors think .... Try giving some of the excuses the mollers give to some of us at your workplace, and see if your bosses are understanding about it ...

Deregistered

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496801

Just want to link to this thread as well since it's relevant to the topic ...

I feel it'll help photogs who may have missed out on the thread ...

i'm once again pretty late into the fray but honestly, some people here have really good suggestions when it comes to evaluating a model. honestly if you go on an singaporean blogshop especially the ones on livejournal, you'll see that the feedback system has been in place for the longest time. i used to have an account on sgselltrade and they had a separate account where all the user feedbacks are stored. so stuff like positive, negative or neutral is put down, and a comment. and the comments cannot be deleted or edited. we could do the same here and it doesnt even take too much effort on the part of the mods. set up a separate section solely for feedback and models are mandated to have a post there they cannot edit, for photographers and organisers to relay their feedback. policing only need come in when feedback gets out of hand or is unwarranted. in the end you'll find with a system in place like that, these so-called models are less prone to want to fly the plane and negative feedback will then be far and few between. AND it is a great avenue for photographers and organisers to find references.

we now live in a wild wild west situation where there seems to be little or no consequences at all if they decide to back out - which is an insanely immature and stupid move on their part of course.

and, why worry about the defenders or the men who mainly use their dicks to compose their shots and organise shoots? i think there are enough people here in cs who are mature enough to evaluate fairly based on a variety of factors. i'm sure if you had so-and-so photography going in to to write 'great model. lub her very much worx!' and the photographs come up looking like crap, its indication enough that the feedback is dick-led and not honest at all. right? the level of argument should be some sort of indication that some level of maturity still exists here in cs, albeit in patches.

or maybe i have a too optimistic view?

AIYA! yet another aeroplane model.
    So fed up man. It's like - 60% of these model appointments either don't turn up or get sick or whatever.

you go through all the trouble of preparing the set, buying props and these mods don't even have the decency of saying sorry or keeping to the appointment.

They have to realize that a whole lot of preparation and money goes on in renting equipment and stuff, and it's not just a matter of waking up on time for the photogs. So difficult to find dependable mods now.

Anyone else have any advice?
    Bluesilver

Had my share before. Models screw up, but sometimes I myself also screw up with inadequate planning.

Models who MIA... endless email, sms, call don't reply/pickup.... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesilver View Post
    AIYA! yet another aeroplane model.
    So fed up man. It's like - 60% of these model appointments either don't turn up or get sick or whatever.

you go through all the trouble of preparing the set, buying props and these mods don't even have the decency of saying sorry or keeping to the appointment.

They have to realize that a whole lot of preparation and money goes on in renting equipment and stuff, and it's not just a matter of waking up on time for the photogs. So difficult to find dependable mods now.

Anyone else have any advice?
    Bluesilver
    name them and shame them. hit them where it hurts most - their wallets. with a reputation like that, no one's going to hire them
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789