Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Mollers who give excuses ...

Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    Or her ha. If the prioce is right she can do lingeire and pigginbie for u.
    so those who did shoot with her sarport her lor. those rates she no like hate her lor.
    see know already wrote not pigginie but her port all piginie pigs
    lolz lolz lolz, your english very good de.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lolz lolz lolz, your english very good de.
    He another one come back from study in England leh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    He another one come back from study in England leh.
    wah all tok powderful engrish seh....

Anyway this time I think she is really too much... even if something urgent or serious did crop up... how difficult would it be to drop a call or sms to organiser to inform?? sad case really...

Quote Originally Posted by JT-Fied View Post
    wah all tok powderful engrish seh....

Anyway this time I think she is really too much... even if something urgent or serious did crop up... how difficult would it be to drop a call or sms to organiser to inform?? sad case really...

JT...being curious here. May seem like OT but it is not.

How many times have you shot her before? And what is her performance like before, during and after the shoot?

vince123123
    Guests

I think the pt is not many managed to shoot her due to her sideline as a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I think the pt is not many managed to shoot her due to her sideline as a pilot
    The pilots union must be really having a field day with this. Her pilot's license sure auto-renew if this carries on.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    And, you cannot place your standard onto others. For all we know, we will just dump our pets into the dustbin when it's dead but for the moller, she need to mourn for 3 months. Who are we to judge the serverity of the event?
    It's not a question of placing your standard onto others. If it only affects you, then it's your own business what your own standards of behaviour are ...

In such cases your standards affect others ... hence there should be some form of accountability to others ... I think this is the point some of us are trying to make here ..

Deregistered

I'm just wondering, Olivia has not chosen to come out and say her piece ... has she ?

Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    I'm just wondering, Olivia has not chosen to come out and say her piece ... has she ?
    we think we get the point she's a flake. no point beating the dead horse any further. move on la.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

forget it lah...

PM her on MM. Last login on MM was 30/03. So far she has not logged in. Grab a drink and chill

If she wants to say something, she would have done so.

Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    It's not a question of placing your standard onto others. If it only affects you, then it's your own business what your own standards of behaviour are ...

In such cases your standards affect others ... hence there should be some form of accountability to others ... I think this is the point some of us are trying to make here ..
    You preferred the moller to turn up and black/sad face all the way? Something happened to her/him and it affected her/him. Try to understand.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

vince123123
    Guests

You want to hire models from me? I have a lot of chiobus who are willing to do any type of shoots you can ever imagine. But hor, most of them are pilots. You still want to book from me? Non-refundable deposit even if fly aeroplane. But you'll be very understanding if they fly aeroplane hor?

You preferred the moller to turn up and black/sad face all the way? Something happened to her/him and it affected her/him. Try to understand.

You want to hire models from me? I have a lot of chiobus who are willing to do any type of shoots you can ever imagine. But hor, most of them are pilots. You still want to book from me? Non-refundable deposit even if fly aeroplane. But you'll be very understanding if they fly aeroplane hor?
    can get sia girl?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

I felt that you are trying to flame-bait me.

Did I said anything about having to pay for model who stand us up? Just reasons or excuses that they cannot attend a shoot. Not talking about models/organiser talking money and run.

If I tell you to be kind to old folks, You are going to tell me to give all my pay to old folk home and hand every old folks I see along the road $50?

Come on. You are not so naive, right?

vince123123
    Guests

I am not trying to flame bait you, but I'm trying to get you to see that it is easy to ask others to be understanding when you are not involved. I hence put a scenario to you where you are personally involved and then you can determine for yourself whether or not you still want to be understanding.

Since money is a sticking point, I'll waive my requirement for an advance deposit. The rest still remain. Will you want to book from me and be understanding about it?

However, to make sure that you have something to lose (although not to me), lets make it a shoot in a hotel room. You must book in advance a hotel room for the shoot. If the model does not turn up, you are therefore expected to be understanding about it.

The only reason why I'm going through all these; is to try to get you to understand the frustration whcih photographers encounter when they meet a fly aeroplane model. Whatever the reason or excuse is, the frustration is still there, not to mention sunk costs. Being understanding unfortunately, does not have any place in the business world and market place.

I felt that you are trying to flame-bait me.

Did I said anything about having to pay for model who stand us up? Just reasons or excuses that they cannot attend a shoot. Not talking about models/organiser talking money and run.

If I tell you to be kind to old folks, You are going to tell me to give all my pay to old folk home and hand every old folks I see along the road $50?

Come on. You are not so naive, right?

Photographers are just as human as the moller .... if there is any communication (or no misunderstanding) between the two, usually either party can be rather forgiving. So if the moller can call the shooter and explain to him the "real" problem, I am sure most photographers can accept the explanation, vice-versa.
    I am sure if the moller is sick and yet she comes to the shoot, I will surely tell her to cancel the shoot and even will make sure I send her home safely ..... but most important, she will get my upmost respect for coming ...
    always the Light, .... always.

Since money is a sticking point, I'll waive my requirement for an advance deposit. The rest still remain. Will you want to book from me and be understanding about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Photographers are just as human as the moller .... if there is any communication (or no misunderstanding) between the two, usually either party can be rather forgiving. So if the moller can call the shooter and explain to him the "real" problem, I am sure most photographers can accept the explanation, vice-versa.
    I am sure if the moller is sick and yet she comes to the shoot, I will surely tell her to cancel the shoot and even will make sure I send her home safely ..... but most important, she will get my upmost respect for coming ...
    I will book from you. ONCE.

I think the scenario here is the moller called up and give a reason for not coming for the job.
    Not a no-show scenario. Just that some photographer think that the excuse is absurd (and my point is who are we to judge?).

We often call in sick on the morning. Do we force ourself to work and had the boss sent us home after that? What if we spread the virus to our colleague? In this case, the photographers.

I am sure we are disappointed when a shoot is cancelled as we make time for it. It's any better to be told of the cancellation face to face as compare to a phone-call or sms?

Going to rest my case. Think I have to agree to disagree on this then.

Ciao~

**Shorten some quote to reduce the post length.

vince123123
    Guests

Your earlier posts do not make any limitation for calling in sick. It merely talks about reasons a model gives (such as pet died and what not) and that we should be understanding because it apparently affects the model more than it affects us.

Are you now retracting/limiting your earlier stand only to no-show situations that are based upon calling in sick?

I think the scenario here is the moller called up and give a reason for not coming for the job.
    Not a no-show scenario. Just that some photographer think that the excuse is absurd (and my point is who are we to judge?).

We often call in sick on the morning. Do we force ourself to work and had the boss sent us home after that? What if we spread the virus to our colleague? In this case, the photographers.

I am sure we are disappointed when a shoot is cancelled as we make time for it. It's any better to be told of the cancellation face to face as compare to a phone-call or sms?

Ciao~

Ciao~

This is as naive as it gets. At the end of the day, no amount of excuses will be able to make amends for all the efforts and money lost.

However, real reasons and heartfelt apologies, the parties having to eat the losses will be at least understanding and just drop the matter.

However, it is also up to the aggrieved party to accept the explanations or not. Pet died, aunt in hospital, boy friend is mad, that time of the month, all these are excuses. All these are non-starter for any of our day jobs. So, why should we allow such nonsense from models?

Btw, we have not even touched upon models habitually being late. Why should I, habitually call model in the morning to make sure they get up in time to do all that is necessary, and have enough time to get to the shoot?

Does anyone's boss here, your day job, call you in the morning to make sure you get up in time to go to work? Then, why should we have to do this for the models?

It is not whether we are nice or we should be forgiving. We can be nice and forgiving, but still, the behavior of many so call models, is leaving a bad aftertaste. And yet, some here still feel it is ok. DUH
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Your earlier posts do not make any limitation for calling in sick. It merely talks about reasons a model gives (such as pet died and what not) and that we should be understanding because it apparently affects the model more than it affects us.

Are you now retracting/limiting your earlier stand only to no-show situations that are based upon calling in sick?
    The sick scenario is brought up by Canonised. Did you ever read?

Nevermind. Adio~

**Slap myself for coming back to reply

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast