Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 172

Thread: Mollers who give excuses ...

  1. #101
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    The PE excuse is something girls often use and think it is okay to hoodwink, especailyl the male PE teachers who they know will be embarassed to ask further.

    But there are also people who keep track and often, an errant student gets confronted because the monthly event apparently happens more than once amonth haha!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    So, model flaking is fine with you?

    Why did I say "male", because that is how we tend to treat everyone. We (male and female) are so much more lenient towards females.

    And you think that girl in school who gave excuses to get out of PE classes was ok, good for you to be so accommodating.

    I have heard too many lame excuses over time, call me jaded if you want, but, a flake is a flake.

    On another note, someone has alerted me to the fact that Olivia has done it again, this time, at a fully organised shoot.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4936187

  2. #102

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The PE excuse is something girls often use and think it is okay to hoodwink, especailyl the male PE teachers who they know will be embarassed to ask further.

    But there are also people who keep track and often, an errant student gets confronted because the monthly event apparently happens more than once amonth haha!

    On another note, someone has alerted me to the fact that Olivia has done it again, this time, at a fully organised shoot.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4936187
    Maybe She is having a major PE problem here ......
    always the Light, .... always.

  3. #103

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    So, model flaking is fine with you?

    Why did I say "male", because that is how we tend to treat everyone. We (male and female) are so much more lenient towards females.

    And you think that girl in school who gave excuses to get out of PE classes was ok, good for you to be so accommodating.

    I have heard too many lame excuses over time, call me jaded if you want, but, a flake is a flake.
    Didn't I said everyone deserved a 2nd chance?

    1st time, I will accept the excuse. 2nd time. No way.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  4. #104
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Probably all year round, all month round :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Maybe She is having a major PE problem here ......

  5. #105

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Didn't I said everyone deserved a 2nd chance?

    1st time, I will accept the excuse. 2nd time. No way.
    A second chance is a noble gesture. However, that also has to depend on the consequences. I will give someone a second chance if said person apologize and tell the truth. If overslept due to late night, say so, and apologize, a second chance may be the right thing to do.

    If another aunt got admitted to the hospital, no way.

    One of my aunt has terminal cancer. Do I stop everything I am doing now? When my grand father had cancer and was dying, the process lasted for 3 months. Should I had stop doing anything and everything, and wait?
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 30th March 2009 at 03:54 PM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  6. #106
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    It could also be because you reported the name and story here. By the way, TFCD may not necessarily be better than a paid shoot. TFCD need to give pics, paid shoot need to give $$. So see which one you prefer

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    No matter what the case is ... its the gesture that counts ... It probably also means that the situation/emergency was real ...

    It is better than coming into this thread kicking and screaming trying "explain the situation" some more.
    Well, the way I see it, Vince might be right, it might be the posting of the incident here that encourages the mollers to act responsibly, especially if they are serious about staying on in this competitive field .. in the long run if it encourages better behaviour, than it would have served some purpose.

    In this case also, since she did not kick up a fuss and try to justify her actions, but instead chose to make amends, I'm also more inclined to believe her reasons and more importantly believe she is sincere in her actions ..

  7. #107
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Just giving 1 example that I can think of off-hand. Remember that girls in my school always gave this reason come PE time.

    Why not be forgiving? Not just to models but to anyone. Too much hatred is no go for anyone.

    Define getting out of line? We are talking about giving excuses to cancel a shoot. Not commiting any crime. You mean if a photographer (why state male only?) cancel a shoot, people actually go for his blood?
    I tend to agree with Deadpoet .. it's not the severity of her actions, but rather her attitude to what is her chosen line of work .. that is the crux of the matter ...

    To you it is something relatively minor, but you forget that some of us treat such commitments seriously .. It's how you treat your fellow humans as well .. it just shows a total disregard to the other person as well as a lack of respect .. It's like .. I don't care if I've wasted your time or efforts, it's not important to me at all ..

    It's not what you say but rather what you do that determines what kind of person you are .. For it determines your honour. If that's not important to you ... I got nothing to say ...

  8. #108
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Didn't I said everyone deserved a 2nd chance?

    1st time, I will accept the excuse. 2nd time. No way.
    So all the more we should state such things here ... a first time for say ... ten photogs each .. it's flaking ten times ...

    And how else do we keep each other informed than by stating such incidents openly and in a objective way ?

  9. #109
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    I tend to agree with Deadpoet .. it's not the severity of her actions, but rather her attitude to what is her chosen line of work .. that is the crux of the matter ...

    To you it is something relatively minor, but you forget that some of us treat such commitments seriously .. It's how you treat your fellow humans as well .. it just shows a total disregard to the other person as well as a lack of respect .. It's like .. I don't care if I've wasted your time or efforts, it's not important to me at all ..

    It's not what you say but rather what you do that determines what kind of person you are .. For it determines your honour. If that's not important to you ... I got nothing to say ...
    It is not only about honour. It is about integrity as well. As in the case of O, I think this is something more than honour. It is about integrity. I have already PM her on MM, asking her to clarify the standing up of Venom. While I believe in second chances and maybe more, BUT , if the model is taking advantage of the situation by cooking up some inane excuse constanly for a no-show, then she has got something to think about. I do not like to flame models, but I think what she did to Venom was outright irresponsible and disrepectful.

    I am still waiting for her response. If her band of protectors come out and try to protect her, then she can count her lucky stars that she still has support. I for one, sure as hell, will not do so unless she can clarify and justify solidly the reason for 1) MIA, 2) not informing Venom early, and 3) not giving Venom a courtesy call for the N/S.

    In an organised shoot, to put the organiser on an A380 is way too much.

  10. #110

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    ... a first time for say ... ten photogs each .. it's flaking ten times ...
    I like how you see things this way ... which I feel is exactly true ....

    "models" seem to think photogs do not communicate with each other because there are so many of us out there ... so as long as it is not done to the same photog twice ... it is still a first time for them ... and they deserve "another chance"

    i think there is a need to let other photogs know about these incidents so that we can keep in mind who we decide to work with ....
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

  11. #111
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    It is not only about honour. It is about integrity as well. As in the case of O, I think this is something more than honour. It is about integrity. I have already PM her on MM, asking her to clarify the standing up of Venom. While I believe in second chances and maybe more, BUT , if the model is taking advantage of the situation by cooking up some inane excuse constanly for a no-show, then she has got something to think about. I do not like to flame models, but I think what she did to Venom was outright irresponsible and disrepectful.

    I am still waiting for her response. If her band of protectors come out and try to protect her, then she can count her lucky stars that she still has support. I for one, sure as hell, will not do so unless she can clarify and justify solidly the reason for 1) MIA, 2) not informing Venom early, and 3) not giving Venom a courtesy call for the N/S.

    In an organised shoot, to put the organiser on an A380 is way too much.
    aren't u investing too much into this? she stood u all up. blacklist her and move on. no point treating people like this as adults when they can't be one.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  12. #112
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Well, she may probably give her whole "oh something happened to my son so I can't make it" routine as with the previous occassion.

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    It is not only about honour. It is about integrity as well. As in the case of O, I think this is something more than honour. It is about integrity. I have already PM her on MM, asking her to clarify the standing up of Venom. While I believe in second chances and maybe more, BUT , if the model is taking advantage of the situation by cooking up some inane excuse constanly for a no-show, then she has got something to think about. I do not like to flame models, but I think what she did to Venom was outright irresponsible and disrepectful.

    I am still waiting for her response. If her band of protectors come out and try to protect her, then she can count her lucky stars that she still has support. I for one, sure as hell, will not do so unless she can clarify and justify solidly the reason for 1) MIA, 2) not informing Venom early, and 3) not giving Venom a courtesy call for the N/S.

    In an organised shoot, to put the organiser on an A380 is way too much.

  13. #113
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Agreed, which is why I spare no effort in publicisng this as much as I can across the forums Olivia is really the first time we see such intense and serious flaking happening. At an organised shoot involving multiple photographers, and a booked hotel room no less.

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    I like how you see things this way ... which I feel is exactly true ....

    "models" seem to think photogs do not communicate with each other because there are so many of us out there ... so as long as it is not done to the same photog twice ... it is still a first time for them ... and they deserve "another chance"

    i think there is a need to let other photogs know about these incidents so that we can keep in mind who we decide to work with ....

  14. #114
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Just found another potential bomb, but waiting for the complainant to give more details. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=8

    I feel heartened however that more people are speaking up against such behaviour.

  15. #115
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Just found another potential bomb, but waiting for the complainant to give more details. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=8

    I feel heartened however that more people are speaking up against such behaviour.
    i just don't use sg models unless THEY are paying me liao. end of problem.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  16. #116
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    I like how you see things this way ... which I feel is exactly true ....

    "models" seem to think photogs do not communicate with each other because there are so many of us out there ... so as long as it is not done to the same photog twice ... it is still a first time for them ... and they deserve "another chance"

    i think there is a need to let other photogs know about these incidents so that we can keep in mind who we decide to work with ....
    It's not just that they think we don't communicate ... I feel it's more of the fact that they just don't care ... The mentality is probably, if you don't want to shoot me anymore, it's fine ... there are others who will, especially if the moller is willing to shoot the ... er... more explicit themes ...

    There will always be photogs willing to work with such mollers esp since these mollers are less common than those who shoot ... say .. casual fashion ?

    Only if we the entire community, models or photogs, make a concerted effort to not work with those who habitually act irresponsibly, but only work with only those who show a serious attitude to what we all have in common here, that is to work together to take lovely pictures, will we see some improvement to this situation.

  17. #117
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    It's not just that they think we don't communicate ... I feel it's more of the fact that they just don't care ... The mentality is probably, if you don't want to shoot me anymore, it's fine ... there are others who will, especially if the moller is willing to shoot the ... er... more explicit themes ...

    There will always be photogs willing to work with such mollers esp since these mollers are less common than those who shoot ... say .. casual fashion ?

    Only if we the entire community, models or photogs, make a concerted effort to not work with those who habitually act irresponsibly, but only work with only those who show a serious attitude to what we all have in common here, that is to work together to take lovely pictures, will we see some improvement to this situation.
    one word. BLACKLIST.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  18. #118
    Deregistered scandal599's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Escaped from Gotham Asylum
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    aren't u investing too much into this? she stood u all up. blacklist her and move on. no point treating people like this as adults when they can't be one.

    To put it this way...

    She did not stand me up on a photoshoot. She stood me up on a meeting. I was supposed to meet her on two occasions to discuss a shoot which I intended to do with her.

    First, was when I contacted her to discuss a possible shoot. Weekend meeting prearranged. I PM her to remind her, but she said she was not free. So fine arrange another time.

    Second time, I asked her if meeting her on a weekend was fine with her she said yes, even though I wanted to meet her the day before, she said cannot, her b'day. But yet she said Saturday can. Took her word for it. On that morning had got some stuff to do. Rushed down to meet her, waited for 2 hours. Sent her SMSes, on the third SMS, she said she had too much to drink the previous nite, could not wake up. But that was it. It was only a meeting, but yet she can actually pull this off, what happens in an actual photoshoot then? What got to me was she knew it was going to be her b'day celebration and drinking was going to be the order of the day. So why in hell, did she agree to meet me then the day after her d'day??

    Decided against engaging her for any shoot or discussions thereafter. But what happended with Venom, that was too much. Even though mine was only a meeting, I hoped that after all the flak that she got, she will change somewhat. But I guess wrong...

  19. #119
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Seems like her irresponsible behaviour has struck many different people; all with different accounts, but a common theme. It doesn't matter whether she cares or not, but what's clear is that she will earn the dubious honour of being the first model in CS who has garnered such a varied numerous reputation for standing poeple up.

  20. #120
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    To put it this way...

    She did not stand me up on a photoshoot. She stood me up on a meeting. I was supposed to meet her on two occasions to discuss a shoot which I intended to do with her.

    First, was when I contacted her to discuss a possible shoot. Weekend meeting prearranged. I PM her to remind her, but she said she was not free. So fine arrange another time.

    Second time, I asked her if meeting her on a weekend was fine with her she said yes, even though I wanted to meet her the day before, she said cannot, her b'day. But yet she said Saturday can. Took her word for it. On that morning had got some stuff to do. Rushed down to meet her, waited for 2 hours. Sent her SMSes, on the third SMS, she said she had too much to drink the previous nite, could not wake up. But that was it. It was only a meeting, but yet she can actually pull this off, what happens in an actual photoshoot then? What got to me was she knew it was going to be her b'day celebration and drinking was going to be the order of the day. So why in hell, did she agree to meet me then the day after her d'day??

    Decided against engaging her for any shoot or discussions thereafter. But what happended with Venom, that was too much. Even though mine was only a meeting, I hoped that after all the flak that she got, she will change somewhat. But I guess wrong...
    if she can stand u up for meeting that's already a big clue liao what she's like. blacklist and move on. why aggravate urself further. i sure as hell don't and u know that for a fact
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •