Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mollers who give excuses ...

Default Re: Mollers who give excuses ...

Band of Protectors...

Brings back memories of gangsterism and protection money!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    haha there's a damn good reason why i can't be bothered to use the models who advertise here.
    Oh .... where you get from then .... Any references .... let's ... network ...

I am all for posting the model's review directly onto the model's thread, but, any comments, pros or cons, will solicit others to post counter comments, and the threads will inevitably turned into a slug fest, and mods really have little choices but lock it.

And if the comments on the P&P subforum is any indication, you think genuine commetns will be posted? We will be flood by lots of "political correct" garbage.

We as photographers can make a difference though. We should ask references, we check references, not only those that were given, but we ask around. Models should list all the photographers (cs nick) they had worked with before, so we can just go check. And most importantly, the photographers must be willing to provide meaningful feedback.

I believe this has to be an informal process. A public list is just reciepe for disaster.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I am all for posting the model's review directly onto the model's thread, but, any comments, pros or cons, will solicit others to post counter comments, and the threads will inevitably turned into a slug fest, and mods really have little choices but lock it.

And if the comments on the P&P subforum is any indication, you think genuine commetns will be posted? We will be flood by lots of "political correct" garbage.

We as photographers can make a difference though. We should ask references, we check references, not only those that were given, but we ask around. Models should list all the photographers (cs nick) they had worked with before, so we can just go check. And most importantly, the photographers must be willing to provide meaningful feedback.

I believe this has to be an informal process. A public list is just reciepe for disaster.
    I think this is the only way to go ...

Even though I feel the models will list their protectors wahaha ... Doubt we will get that many objective photogs with enough maturity to say things as they should ....haha

Also this asking of references ... I feel it works better when the model is the one asking the photog for the shoot .. not as well when it's the other way ... and frankly, few of us have the ... ahem .. prestige that the mollers will look for us ...

But overall it's the only way to go ...

Maybe we can start a thread mollers/photogs I have worked with .. and provide references for each other!

Posting on the model's thread is a direct feedback. It is the most effective ... but con also be deem by the mods as "sabotage of business" when they report it.
    Otherwise they can just easily delete the thread and start a new one ... just like a new slate ... no records ... unless the photogs go back to post their feedback again.
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

vince123123
    Guests

I don't see how it is considered "sabotage of business"if it is an accurate unrebutted account. If the account is false, then the model can rebutt it on her thread. Otherwise if on another thread, the model may not even know about it and we won't see two sides of the story.

Deleting and starting, yup thats something i'm suggestiong should be changed

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I don't see how it is considered "sabotage of business"if it is an accurate unrebutted account. If the account is false, then the model can rebutt it on her thread. Otherwise if on another thread, the model may not even know about it and we won't see two sides of the story.

Deleting and starting, yup thats something i'm suggestiong should be changed
    Well so long as we keep to the facts ... as in "model shoot for say 9 am and model sms at 7.30 say having can't come cos pet goldfish giving birth ..."

I don't see that as "sabotage of business" .. it's just stating of facts, and when many people state the same of that particular model it's easy to infer ...

If we were to go with the direct comment on the model's thead, 1) we need the admin's blessing and 2) we need some standards.

One suggestion is, the photographer may only leave comment that pertains to a particular shoot and inorder to police this, the photographer much give some description of the shoot in question, such as date/location/type/genre.

For example. Model Jane, 13/3/09, studio, nudes. Will work with model again and will definately recommend the model.

or

Model Jill, 14/3/09, RQ. Will not work with model again, does not take instruction well. For photographer who does not mind model posing without instruction, then is recommended.

or

Model Jone, 15/3/09, Raffles Place. May work with model again. Model very stiff, needs lot of guidance but very cooperative. Will recommend if you do not mind model needing lots of guidance.
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 29th March 2009 at 04:30 PM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    I 've had enough of being flaked...

Happened again ...

Shoot for 7 am today .. just SMSed me at 5.30 with slight fever ... moller is FHM GND 84

Enough said ...
    Hmm .. Gwen contacted me to apologise for her last min cancellation .. and offered me a TFCD to make up for it .. a pretty gracious gesture on her part ...

To be honest didn't quite expect her to do this .. I appreciate it though.

for Gwen ..

Maybe there is yet hope in the human race

Hmm .. Gwen contacted me to apologise for her last min cancellation .. and offered me a TFCD to make up for it .. a pretty gracious gesture on her part ...

for Gwen ..

I told you she's a nice model mah.... Don't give up just yet.
    Nikon D7000 + D90 + 50 f1.4d | 80-200 f2.8 | T 12-24 f4 | S 30 f1.4 | 18-200
    Multiply

vince123123
    Guests

It could also be because you reported the name and story here. By the way, TFCD may not necessarily be better than a paid shoot. TFCD need to give pics, paid shoot need to give $$. So see which one you prefer

for Gwen ..

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    It could also be because you reported the name and story here. By the way, TFCD may not necessarily be better than a paid shoot. TFCD need to give pics, paid shoot need to give $$. So see which one you prefer
    No matter what the case is ... its the gesture that counts ... It probably also means that the situation/emergency was real ...

It is better than coming into this thread kicking and screaming trying "explain the situation" some more.
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

How about those who MIA and cannot be found?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlang View Post
    immediate blacklist. some of these dopes think that its our job to chase them.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    immediate blacklist. some of these dopes think that its our job to chase them.
    Pity the photoshoot organisers when their models go MIA and cannot be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlang View Post
    Subsitute them with male part-time models who can put on a skirt or stockings or bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Subsitute them with male part-time models who can put on a skirt or stockings or bikini.
    No wonder Sion is such a sought after model.

vince123123
    Guests

Yup, it also may indicate that naming and reporting may have a positive effect and hence we should encourage more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    No matter what the case is ... its the gesture that counts ... It probably also means that the situation/emergency was real ...

It is better than coming into this thread kicking and screaming trying "explain the situation" some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    In that, you are assuming that this is the first and only transgression. BIG ASSUMPTION.

On another note, why are we so "forgiving" when the model is at fault.

When a photographer (male) did something out of line, we generally demand a quart of blood and a pound of flesh.

Just giving 1 example that I can think of off-hand. Remember that girls in my school always gave this reason come PE time.

Why not be forgiving? Not just to models but to anyone. Too much hatred is no go for anyone.

Define getting out of line? We are talking about giving excuses to cancel a shoot. Not commiting any crime. You mean if a photographer (why state male only?) cancel a shoot, people actually go for his blood?
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Just giving 1 example that I can think of off-hand. Remember that girls in my school always gave this reason come PE time.

Why not be forgiving? Not just to models but to anyone. Too much hatred is no go for anyone.

Define getting out of line? We are talking about giving excuses to cancel a shoot. Not commiting any crime. You mean if a photographer (why state male only?) cancel a shoot, people actually go for his blood?
    So, model flaking is fine with you?

Why did I say "male", because that is how we tend to treat everyone. We (male and female) are so much more lenient towards females.

And you think that girl in school who gave excuses to get out of PE classes was ok, good for you to be so accommodating.

I have heard too many lame excuses over time, call me jaded if you want, but, a flake is a flake.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast