Thread: Herman Miller Aeron Chair

Default Herman Miller Aeron Chair

Anybody got kang tao to buy this chair onnot? Was trying it out today and it was damn comfortable. trouble is the price.. more than 2K.

Default Re: Herman Miller Aeron Chair

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Anybody got kang tao to buy this chair onnot? Was trying it out today and it was damn comfortable. trouble is the price.. more than 2K.
    Yes, it is that price , but last a life time, am waiting for some big company to close down and laylong these chairs, usually will be grab up by the staff or designers first.

All I can say is that I sat in that chair for a long time and my a$$ never felt so good and cool. I give it top marks for comfort.

vince123123
    Guests

Try the Benel range, I find that it is affordable and is good. What I dont like about herman millers is that they do not have high back chairs (as far as I'm aware)

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    If your company buys 10 or more, they charge only $1650 each.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Ask your friends in govt agencies, they got special rates.

wow, my ex-company uses them for all the employees. like on every floor and every nook and cranny.

vince> i'm not sure what you mean by high-backed, but the ones i used are high enough for me to lean back and rest my head comfortably
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

vince123123
    Guests

Oh that's strange, cos the Hm chair's I've seen do not have a head rest. Maybe I missed someting, or these are new models.

Any site/links?

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    wow, my ex-company uses them for all the employees. like on every floor and every nook and cranny.

vince> i'm not sure what you mean by high-backed, but the ones i used are high enough for me to lean back and rest my head comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    If your company buys 10 or more, they charge only $1650 each.
    Want to organize MO onnot?

http://www.sit4less.com/aeronchairs/aeronchair.php

vince> sorry, they don't have a headrest..but i always found it tall enough for me to relax and take a nap in the office. hehe

the one i used was the model with lumbar support. was highly tempted to cart one home on my last day...
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

vince123123
    Guests

Ah yes, thats exactly the issue for me, no headrest and not tall enough to rest properly. You really need to slouch (and spoil the lower back) for the head to reach the top of the backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    http://www.sit4less.com/aeronchairs/aeronchair.php

vince> sorry, they don't have a headrest..but i always found it tall enough for me to relax and take a nap in the office. hehe

the one i used was the model with lumbar support. was highly tempted to cart one home on my last day...

This chair is great! You don't really feel tired sitting at this chair after hours and hours. But unless you work exclusively at home, or if you have $$$ to burn, then might not be worth it?