Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many photos you take for a one day outing (not include event you get paid)

Default Re: How many photos you take for a one day outing (not include event you get paid)

You have to admit, those details aren't very specific.

It can be anywhere from 0 - a few thousand.

Default Re: How many photos you take for a one day outing (not include event you get paid)

Have not taken more than 300 per day till now, even for photoshoots/events.

For trips, will probably shoot around 50-100 per day and delete off images i'd rather not keep until it is roughly 25-35 for a day (not counting random shutter-triggering) . Those that receive photoshop individually may be only 5-10 or so for each day. So the entire trip comes to around 50-70 photoshop-treated images.

For photoshoots, it normally starts off with an import of 100-130 images into the system, then narrow down to around 60 to keep, and 30-40 which receive individual photoshop treatment.
    Oh, and i use the empty time travelling home by mrt/bus from the event/photoshoot to run a QC through the images so that i need not spend time in front of the monitor deciding which to keep. Of course, make mental notes on how i'm going to edit each photo too
    Last edited by xylestesins; 27th March 2009 at 03:27 AM.

Depending on where I go it can vary, like the zoo or flower gardens would be more probably 300, where just a regular day out might be under 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    You have to admit, those details aren't very specific.

It can be anywhere from 0 - a few thousand.
    Ha ha, different people will have different perspective, that's the reason for the existing of forum

What you think is not details may not be the case for others.

anyway,

1. A one day outing in Sg, with a group pf photographer friends, without a theme
    2. A one day outing in Sg, with a group pf photographer friends, mostly CSer, with a theme
    3. A one day outing in Sg, alone / with family / with non photographer
    4. Holiday, in any particular day, from went out from your hotel room, until the end of day you back to the room and rest / sleep.
    5. And many more................
    Last edited by Shen siung; 27th March 2009 at 10:27 PM.

How many photos you take for a one day outing (not include event you get paid) +/- 37

I can take as little as just below 10 shots to as many as a few hundred.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

a typical day = 30 plus - 50 photos
    a very sian day = 50 - 70 photos
    really nothing to do = 100 photos and above
    event never get paid = 100 photos and above
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

really depends... if we are talking about model portrait... average 400-500 over a 2hr session... if is big convention/cosplay/trade event... easily about 1k

... i got a "bad" habit of taking the same scene twice.. hence the count.

but let's say is event that go there enjoy etc... e.g. last night FHM Top 100 @ Zirca... less than 50 ... haha
    Playing with M43.

What does this number counting help? One can be prepared for a nice outing, travel all the way to the scenic location - and the light is gone thanks to change in weather. No point taking any pictures, better come back another day. Then there are these days where one just strolls around a bit and suddenly there's this nice scene / event / location / you name it and not much later one runs out of space on memory cards. Everything is possible in between these two points. One day you hit the point with one shot, next day you take 100 and still miss it somehow. What's more important to me is the number and ratio of "keepers". That's what counts, beside having fun

On a landscape outing on my own exploring new places, usually just under 100 shots. Varies according to time spent of course.

During travels with (non-photographer) friends, somewhere between 200-400 shots for a full day's worth of touring. A large part consists of taking obligatory shots for my friends.

normal day alone shooting = < 200 ; 50% delete on the spotcheck.
    outing with CS butties = < 400 ; 30% delete on the spotcheck.
    event with my camwhore friends = >500 ; If i delete any,they will kill me. let them check first then decide if they want or not....
    ╬Pachelbel in D .357cal

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    What does this number counting help? One can be prepared for a nice outing, travel all the way to the scenic location - and the light is gone thanks to change in weather. No point taking any pictures, better come back another day. Then there are these days where one just strolls around a bit and suddenly there's this nice scene / event / location / you name it and not much later one runs out of space on memory cards. Everything is possible in between these two points. One day you hit the point with one shot, next day you take 100 and still miss it somehow. What's more important to me is the number and ratio of "keepers". That's what counts, beside having fun
    Yup not important, just asking to see how is the habit / the way of fellow CSer taking photos.

For me, I usually keep all my photos, unless those repeat shoot of same scene, until one day the hard disk almost explode then go delete some.
    Last edited by Shen siung; 28th March 2009 at 04:51 PM.

In my recent 9 day trip to Europe, I took around 4000 shots

last trip to malaysia, 3 days 2 nights, total 6023 shots. mostly panos. on pano averaging 15 shots for HDR, 6 shots for normal. That's including all the junk shots too, eg testing of pictures before taking the actual pano.

100+ a day.... around 700-800 for a good 5D4N trip.

Scuba & Father... For Life

For me, quality over quantity.
    Street photos, I'll have more (20-50 per day)
    Landscapes (3-5 per scene)
    Portraits (depends)

On average when I brought my cam out for photos, I shoot less than 20/30 photos.. I've never been the type who shoots everything I see..

If just purely snapping. I may take up to 400 per day.

But usually I keep less than 100 on average.

I went fpr 1 weel trip to HK&Macau, I end up with 1100+ photos of raw and jpgs max out my 8gig card.....

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Depends...

if there's nothing much, then about 30-50.

if there's loads to snap, then I may jolly well go up to a few hundreds...
    wah, zac, nothing much also 30-50 ah!?

i when nothing much, than shoot nothing lor, 0 shots.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

From 0 - 1100.

Because i only have enough memory card to store that amount of photos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast