Thread: shooting male models vs shooting female models

Default shooting male models vs shooting female models

i was wondering, other than the fact CS is comprised of more males photogs and females photogs, softer features can be more pleasing to the eye. lightings, angles, compositions aside, and comparing both candiadate with similar experiences, what are the difference between shooting males and females?

and, will you or will you not attend a male model photoshoot, given the model is experienced and with good body features?

Default Re: shooting male models vs shooting female models

Quote Originally Posted by seora View Post
    i was wondering, other than the fact CS is comprised of more males photogs and females photogs, softer features can be more pleasing to the eye. lightings, angles, compositions aside, and comparing both candiadate with similar experiences, what are the difference between shooting males and females?

and, will you or will you not attend a male model photoshoot, given the model is experienced and with good body features?
    yes, i will attend

I would love to shoot hotbots.

some considerations are different i think. while it is quite ok to even purposely have harsh lightings, to have imperfect skins for guys, it is quite a no no to do the same to girls.
    Come visit my blog

Why not?

I'm not into portraiture, but I kind of agree with what stated in the following post

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...99&postcount=1

Unless you get into cross-genderism, gender equality, political overcorrectedness or any abberation in the definitions of genderism, shooting male models and female models, in their customary differences entails different approaches right from the conceptualisation stages through execution, because you're portraying different images and roles.

Once you've got the roles down pat, it's simply a matter of finding the best execution to bring that out. Mind you, if you talk about something like lighting and angles, it brings about interesting questions about set-ups where both female and male models, portraying different roles in the same setting and the same light.

Another interesting point to note is that in many modern executions or concepts, harsh light can work exceptiopnally well for females, and soft light for males. It all boils down to what exactly does a CD, stylist or photographer want to achieve. Addendum: If you look back at the heydays of hollywood glamour, more often than not, some of the world's most beautiful women have been cast in harsh, directional light, and yet they look more glorious and beautiful than any woman walking on earth.

Go figure.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 27th March 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seora View Post

That's already a lot of "differences" you don't want us to compare....