Thread: OT: How to get the smilies to work in Powerpoint?

Default OT: How to get the smilies to work in Powerpoint?

Hello,

I know this is very OT in a photo forum but can anyone help me with getting the animated smilies to work in MS Powerpoint? I understand these are gifs or something like that and require a web based software to get it to work. I tried copying and pasting in Powerpoint but the figure does not animate. But it works (copying and pasting) in my email client (Outlook Express).

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by TME
    Hello,

I know this is very OT in a photo forum but can anyone help me with getting the animated smilies to work in MS Powerpoint? I understand these are gifs or something like that and require a web based software to get it to work. I tried copying and pasting in Powerpoint but the figure does not animate. But it works (copying and pasting) in my email client (Outlook Express).

Thanks a lot!
    If its a .gif, it should work in ppt.

Try saving the file first and check its extension. If it is just a normal picture file and not a gif, you can convert it using fireworks or photoshop.

I see.. thanks!

Hi..... it's a gif file but it does not animate in Powerpoint. And there seems to be only one image......

Hi..... it's a gif file but it does not animate in Powerpoint. And there seems to be only one image......
    Hmm... which version of ppt are you using? when you view your gif file in a image viewer, does it animate. Try using form the insert menu of ppt to insert picture and choose the gif file.

If it still does not animate, it may be due to the looping or the time of the frames for your gif, again this can be checked with fireworks or photoshop.

Or did you only insert and not preview your slides? The animation will only occur when you go through your slideshow and not on your working page.
    Last edited by HelmetBox; 26th October 2003 at 01:16 AM.

Hahaha..... thanks!! I did not enter the slide show...... kekeke...... so paiseh.......

Hahaha..... thanks!! I did not enter the slide show...... kekeke...... so paiseh.......