Thread: Anyone waiting for uni entry?

Default Anyone waiting for uni entry?

Just wondering if anyone is also waiting for uni entry.. Cus i just got called by SMU for interview this friday (which is actually, tomorrow). very scared. haha. any one who has been through it can give tips?

Default Re: Anyone waiting for uni entry?

think you can look at HWZ under the academic section, got some threads regarding smu interview.

Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is also waiting for uni entry.. Cus i just got called by SMU for interview this friday (which is actually, tomorrow). very scared. haha. any one who has been through it can give tips?
    Goodluck
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

all the best. as with all interviews, just be confident of yourself and understand why you want the place at SMU....
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    think you can look at HWZ under the academic section, got some threads regarding smu interview.
    oh thank you! haha. i forgot about hardwarezone.. too long nv go =X

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    Goodluck
    thanks~!

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    all the best. as with all interviews, just be confident of yourself and understand why you want the place at SMU....

Thanks

Ok lah, shall not be selfish, share share abit.

They will usually shortlist up to 2X their intake cohort size.

Then out of this 2X shortlisted, obviously 1X will make it only.

Ok, here's the interview process.

They will ask u write an essay. Topic could be anything under the sun. Things from history to current affairs to industry specific news.

Then they will conduct panel interview. IIRC each professor will interview a group of 5 or 6 ppl. Then they should more or less become more of a exchange session of views and opinions on the particular topic whereby one should give positive contribution to the discussion.

Dun be too eager to outdo/outtalk/outsmart the others. Speak intelligently and confidently. Dunno dun tok. But u cannot stay in the dun talk zone for long. Dunno try to change topic. As long as someone speak of something u r more familiar with, zoom in on that point fast and make your point. Shut up after that. Dun keep on rattling away and deprive others of the chance to speak. Respect the other interviewees too.

Everyone there will be nervous. Everyone there will make mistake at some point of time. The lesser mistakes u make, the higher your chances. Rmb DO NOT clasp your hand together. DO NOT put your hand on the table. In interviews, one's hands could potentially give away signs of nervousness and uneasiness. It is a dead giveaway.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Ok lah, shall not be selfish, share share abit.

They will usually shortlist up to 2X their intake cohort size.

Then out of this 2X shortlisted, obviously 1X will make it only.

Ok, here's the interview process.

They will ask u write an essay. Topic could be anything under the sun. Things from history to current affairs to industry specific news.

Then they will conduct panel interview. IIRC each professor will interview a group of 5 or 6 ppl. Then they should more or less become more of a exchange session of views and opinions on the particular topic whereby one should give positive contribution to the discussion.

Dun be too eager to outdo/outtalk/outsmart the others. Speak intelligently and confidently. Dunno dun tok. But u cannot stay in the dun talk zone for long. Dunno try to change topic. As long as someone speak of something u r more familiar with, zoom in on that point fast and make your point. Shut up after that. Dun keep on rattling away and deprive others of the chance to speak. Respect the other interviewees too.

Everyone there will be nervous. Everyone there will make mistake at some point of time. The lesser mistakes u make, the higher your chances. Rmb DO NOT clasp your hand together. DO NOT put your hand on the table. In interviews, one's hands could potentially give away signs of nervousness and uneasiness. It is a dead giveaway.

Hope this helps

yes this is very useful! however, may i know what can i do with my hands then? haha! just put on the lap yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    yes this is very useful! however, may i know what can i do with my hands then? haha! just put on the lap yeah?
    Ok, hopefully u read this in time. Which i think u will given these SMU interviews typically starts at around 7pm...

Yes, u can put them on your lap. Juz don't put them on your head But if putting them on your lap still means that its visible to the panel for whatever reasons, juz put your hand on your lap, one overlapping the other. Do not figid around/play around with your hands unneccessarily.

And lastly, GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by evo-lution; 27th March 2009 at 02:29 PM.