Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Experience at Funan.

Default Re: Bad Experience at Funan.

Quote Originally Posted by corneliustoh View Post
    as for the other laptops which are faulty. they can be used again if the problem is fixed by technical staff.
    So, you want them to give u a new set and sell the faulty set to other people after it is fixed?

need not. we contacted MOE. (their different case cause HP said the offer was subsidized by MOE, but MOE dunno and are now like piss lor)
    the MOE contacted HP. different war which i shall not go into.
    HP contacted the shop who den contacted me.
    so the salesman (nice guy, wanted to change but manager say "no, not my prob") say ok we will change. so others would probably get new ones den.

besides the shop already asked me to bring down and they checked the laptop themselves. not to HP service centre.
    as for the other laptops which are faulty. they can be used again if the problem is fixed by technical staff.
    Good they have solve this issue. They will still get screwed by the MOE for not letting them know about this at all.

Although they are asking you to go down to change your laptop for a brand new one as I think they have no way out. You should still pursue the matter as they had to make you go back a couple of times before they are willing to exchange a brand new one. This type of sales people should ought to be taught a lesson during the hard times. Sure they may lose their jobs but don't forget you are still paying money for it.

In places like US, Australia and UK, you will not encounter such problems. This is so China business man thinking......

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    choice of words... sometimes the sweetest of words can be the most hurting of words...

anyway, u wanna make a call to HP and ask them to send a service engineer to your place? not that i work for HP or that shop, but its the simplest solution other than holding on to a spoilt lappy and making yourself angry over in the internet... explain your situation as clear as possible... i'm sure they will address to your issues.
    true..
    go to HP for the warranty service.
    gd luck.

well the laptop is barely a week old and by just changing the parts or reinstalling the system is it as good as new. i didnt even used it for more than two hours.
    and yeah. i would really be terrified if i ever messed with the government. dude. not all of them deserved to be fired. some salesmen are good and it really hurts to see them jobless. actually, i wonder. HP themselves subsidized it. why say that MOE was involved when they themselves are the one who are solely responsible for the offer? i mean u made the offer by yourself and u say MOE subsidizes it. lol? needless trouble?
    |EOS40D|17-55 2.8|50 1.4 Sigma|190 XPROB|
    flickr

Uninstall office 2007. Use only all the stuff that comes with the laptop. The drivers the bundled programmes. No third party software. Surf the web and use geenral application test run. If got problem look for HP. Otherwise proceed to install office 2007. repeat same usage and agin but this time with office opened and running. If now got problem might be some conflict. Anyway explain to HP tech support.

well the laptop is barely a week old and by just changing the parts or reinstalling the system is it as good as new. i didnt even used it for more than two hours.
    and yeah. i would really be terrified if i ever messed with the government. dude. not all of them deserved to be fired. some salesmen are good and it really hurts to see them jobless. actually, i wonder. HP themselves subsidized it. why say that MOE was involved when they themselves are the one who are solely responsible for the offer? i mean u made the offer by yourself and u say MOE subsidizes it. lol? needless trouble?
    sometimes information passed along the line, it gets distorted...

from probably, HP offer cheaper laptops for student going back to school/going poly/etc, become MOE subsidize... but tis kinda stuff... he say, u hear, no proof... unless its printed, then another story altogether... for a young chap to understand social university stuff... slowly learn...

btw, just think lah... where have u used the item, dun say not a single spec of dust or fingerprint on it... maybe say can wipe, but what if there is a scratch? u like to get items thats like that? thats y there is a market in other countries called refurbished items, like Apple in sg, you can look for refurbished stuff, normally are repaired items thats used, some in perfect condition, but once open, nobody will want it already, 2nd hand stuff.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Bring to HP service centre do not delay anymore.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Ok, let me give my 2cents... Eh no, nowadays hard to find 1cent coin... I shall give my 5cents here...

Firstly calm down....

Secondly, let me explain some stuff to you.

Shops in funan/simlim or infact anywhere else are run by third party companies. These third parties could be a dealer, a retailer or even unauthorize sellers. They are not the manufacturer.

Put it plainly, for large item sales such as fridges/large TVs/washing machines, these third party dealers/retailers are only taking orders. For smaller items such as in your case laptops, they are simply doing facilitating the selling and distribution of the product. They can have no technical knowledge of the product they are selling. But of course if they have, it helps them to sell better too.

More than often, these return policies are stated by manufacturers themselves. Unless the manufacturer explicitly authorize these third party dealers/retailers to recover any product with manufacturing defects, most likely, these third party dealers/retailers aren't going to bear the risk of taking in the defective product and being stuck with them should the manufacturer refuse to acknowledge the recovery of defective products through such means.

This is actually logical in the sense that these third party sellers might have access to several notebooks at any one time. Hence, they are in the position to do anything to the product, from stealing functional parts in the laptops and changing it to something defective for personal gains. And they can do so on a large scale because of their access to whatever laptops they have sold. Hence it may be the policy of some manufacturers to reject recovery of defective products via such means. FYI, those security labels on which technicians paste all over the openings of the laptop can be cloned easily if you know how...

As for those 7days return policy, yes, i believe the law does have something like that to protect consumers. The shop owner/staff could be ignorant abt this. And coupled with the above point on being stuck with defective products, the shop might be reluctant to do a product recovery on the manufacturer's behalf. FYI, when you start a business, no one is there to tell you that you cannot do this and that or else you will break the law....

Ok, I think this is not 5cents anymore, probably 5dollars worth of comments

Anyway, moral of story, if the product is really defective, go to the manufacturer. Most good manufacturers will honour their warranties in genuine cases. It is oso in the best interest of your laptop's health. They have got the guys with the technical expertise there which will know what is best for your laptop. And most importantly, they use genuine parts.

Hope this will appease u and helps you in serch of a solution to your unfortunately-constantly crashing new laptop

It is true that software can cause numerous crashes if your hardware is not up to the mark. Or maybe ram to small. Or wrong type of ram. Generally in any shop, what does the salesman know? Most of the time, little. A lot of sales talk hot air. To close the sale only lah.
    I suppose you use Vista?
    No wonder. Happy crashing. Upgrade from Vista to XP. That is not a typographical error. I really mean "upgrade".

Next time try a solid hardware manufacturer like Asutek. Their Asus models.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 25th March 2009 at 11:31 PM.

u're 3 years old? read before comments...
    he said the hp guy lie mah...lying is not fraud? dun anyhw assume age leh. i'm younger than 3

before you accuse the shop of lying about the laptop being funded/subsidised by MOE, you might want to check if the person in MOE really know what he's talking about. quite likely left hand dunno what right hand is doing.

anyway...just give hp a call since it's under warranty and send it in to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by rphotography View Post
    he said the hp guy lie mah...lying is not fraud? dun anyhw assume age leh. i'm younger than 3
    Erm, lying is indeed not fraud. But it may be used in the process of commiting fraudulent activities.

But nevermind that you dunno.... I reckon parents dun teach their child the meaning of "fraud" at the age of 3.... Its scary if parents have to do that in the future thou....

vince123123
    Guests

I find it strange myself. In my view, under the Sale of Goods Act, it is the retailer who is responsible for selling you the goods, not the manufacturer. Hence primary liability rests with the retailer.

I also don't understand why consumers in Singapore have gotten used to retailers telling them to find the manufacturers for warranties...kicked around like a bouncing ball

One up for your comment

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder_fan View Post
    I dont really understand why consumers in Singapore have such low expectations when it comes to customer service.
    A situation like this would not happen in the US or Europe, but it does here. And when its pointed out that the customer service standard is lacking, quite a few have seen fit to defend the shop's practice.
    The fact of the matter is that the IT sector is heavily commoditised. Head to Funan or SLS and you'll be able to buy the same thing in about 10 stores. What is going to set shops apart from each other? A low price (which is self defeating) or exceptional service?
    A sour experience travels a long way, and with expectations so low, its so easy to have turned this into a customer service win. A missed opportunity for the shop.

Those of you who quietly accept shoddy service or non-existent exchange policies, well, its your call I suppose.

rf

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I find it strange myself. In my view, under the Sale of Goods Act, it is the retailer who is responsible for selling you the goods, not the manufacturer. Hence primary liability rests with the retailer.

I also don't understand why consumers in Singapore have gotten used to retailers telling them to find the manufacturers for warranties...kicked around like a bouncing ball

One up for your comment
    thanks ar... my lappy got a faulty [ALT] button, hence i'm always noAlt... can you help me kick the arse of the retailer?

but i lazy to do it... i wan a 1 to 1 exchange if possible.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

There are a number of things taken place at the same time. I think TS is condused what his priority is.

1. he needs a new and more powerful computer.
    2. the new HP Laptop he bought is not working.
    3. the retailer is not helping and is trying hard to shed responsibility.
    4. the laptop is still not fixed.

Granted, I am with vince and range-finder here. The retailer is responsible. the transaction is between the buyer and the retailer. If the retailer does not have stock to replace the laptop, at the very least, they should facilitate the exchange with HP. The retailer is right now doing more harm to itself for not helping. This is something so common here in Singapore, horrendous after sales service, that many in this island had grown used to, and therefore go straight to the manufacurer. This is reality, but also SAD.

Now, based on what we know here, from what the TS has posted, he still does not have a functioning new laptop. He came online to CS forum to b1tch. He complained, and then what?

Why not just contact HP to get it fixed, or better still, a warranty exchange. After that, maybe if you are still pissed, slam the retailer.

Why stay home and sulk?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    There are a number of things taken place at the same time. I think TS is condused what his priority is.

1. he needs a new and more powerful computer.
    2. the new HP Laptop he bought is not working.
    3. the retailer is not helping and is trying hard to shed responsibility.
    4. the laptop is still not fixed.

Granted, I am with vince and range-finder here. The retailer is responsible. the transaction is between the buyer and the retailer. If the retailer does not have stock to replace the laptop, at the very least, they should facilitate the exchange with HP. The retailer is right now doing more harm to itself for not helping. This is something so common here in Singapore, horrendous after sales service, that many in this island had grown used to, and therefore go straight to the manufacurer. This is reality, but also SAD.

Now, based on what we know here, from what the TS has posted, he still does not have a functioning new laptop. He came online to CS forum to b1tch. He complained, and then what?

Why not just contact HP to get it fixed, or better still, a warranty exchange. After that, maybe if you are still pissed, slam the retailer.

Why stay home and sulk?
    typical singaporean...NATO..
    eat. drink. shoot

vince123123
    Guests

When did you buy it? Are you able to prove that the goods was defective upon sale and put up a reasonable rebuttal to an allegation that it was spoilt by you?

Please email me at my email address (found in my signature) if you are really sincere about having me assist you to solve your problem.

thanks ar... my lappy got a faulty [ALT] button, hence i'm always noAlt... can you help me kick the arse of the retailer?

but i lazy to do it... i wan a 1 to 1 exchange if possible.

why so far nobody mentioned CASE ?

To TS, i dont believe HP has this offer. what i see normally is shops in SLS or Funan always have this "student" special. Anyway, others say you're 14 ? What the hell is a 14yr old kid needing a laptop? It'll be a different story if you're in Poly or Uni. even so, i have friends in poly who took media or business or arts and never even bother using/buying laptop.

Before you put the blame on HP and MOE, you should think twice. For all you know, it is the shop that created that promo.

Let me ask you something, when you bought your laptop, did the shop ask for your IC/Student pass ? did they photocopy and give you a form to fill up ? if its NO to these qns, then screw the shop, not MOE , not HP. Student bundle is different, and they have only selected models, which you check with your school OR the big companies themselves aka HP.

And please, even if HP has the same model of the laptop offered for student special, when you buy it at SLS OR Funan, the configuration is different. just check with all the Poly and Uni, same model but different spec ie Poly offer 2ghz SLS/Funan offering 2.2ghz etc etc and "same" price or better

watever the case, i tink a shop selling defective products and not willingly to take the problem to assist customers in rectifying the problem is simply

boycott, screw them. i'll be pissed if i were ts. seeing some replies here only adds to the fire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast