Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: Faster Down load?

  1. #21
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ask the server guy to upgrade lor...

    you downloading what?

    btw, got resume feature at the server side anot? maybe they should feature that.
    Was downloading firefox lor...

    I dun think so lei...cos after my downloading got disrupt got to do all over again!

  2. #22

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Was downloading firefox lor...

    I dun think so lei...cos after my downloading got disrupt got to do all over again!
    Downloading from which site?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  3. #23
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Downloading from which site?
    Mozilla.com

  4. #24

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Mozilla.com
    Try this link?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Was downloading firefox lor...

    I dun think so lei...cos after my downloading got disrupt got to do all over again!
    wait a min...

    i thought u downloading from home, things from your office server...

    chey...

    so u using IE to download firefox from your office lah... confirm slow 1... unless everyone knock off lor... u wasting office bandwidth... maybe the IT admin block downloads bigger than certain mb to prevent employees from downloading things off internet. you better check with the IT admin.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #26
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wait a min...

    i thought u downloading from home, things from your office server...

    chey...

    so u using IE to download firefox from your office lah... confirm slow 1... unless everyone knock off lor... u wasting office bandwidth... maybe the IT admin block downloads bigger than certain mb to prevent employees from downloading things off internet. you better check with the IT admin.
    Why IE to donload FF slow lei? u got other alternative?

    Company IT go back home liao!

  7. #27
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Try this link?
    Thanks! It seems quite fast!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Why IE to donload FF slow lei? u got other alternative?

    Company IT go back home liao!
    go home DL lah...

    well, 1 think for sure, IE dun have resume or i dun use enuff to actually discover the resume feature.

    next... i think, if you keep having DC when u dl to say 5mb... then confirm the IT admin set a limit already...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #29
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Another problem i cant seem to download FLash player the latest version!

  10. #30

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Thanks! It seems quite fast!
    Happy downloading.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Another problem i cant seem to download FLash player the latest version!
    u just received a new lappy ar?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Another problem i cant seem to download FLash player the latest version!
    This you'll have to check with your IT department. There might be firewall policy that police the usage of the internet. As such, ports other than 80 will be blocked to prevent any possible unauthorized access.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  13. #33
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    go home DL lah...

    well, 1 think for sure, IE dun have resume or i dun use enuff to actually discover the resume feature.

    next... i think, if you keep having DC when u dl to say 5mb... then confirm the IT admin set a limit already...
    Ok DL liao...

  14. #34
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u just received a new lappy ar?
    No lah...still using the old one!

  15. #35
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    This you'll have to check with your IT department. There might be firewall policy that police the usage of the internet. As such, ports other than 80 will be blocked to prevent any possible unauthorized access.
    I try it at home also cant!

    Last time While trying to DL Flash ver.9 also same prob cant download but when change to FF to download no problem.

    Now trying to do the same. n yes last time after i DL flash player i deleted away FF hee... but this time round will keep FF!

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    DL chrome lor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #37
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    DL chrome lor...
    DL before but no use so it end up in the trash bin!

  18. #38

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    DL before but no use so it end up in the trash bin!
    Its one of the better browser around.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  19. #39

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Treat your IT guy to lunch & coffee regularly.
    Then ask him to help you download whatever you need.

  20. #40
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Faster Down load?

    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1010 View Post
    Treat your IT guy to lunch & coffee regularly.
    Then ask him to help you download whatever you need.
    used to have 1 good IT guy in our company who i am in quite good terms with but now left the company liao! cos company alway fails to retain good employee hais....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •