Thread: Event shoot for RC and CC charges

Default Event shoot for RC and CC charges

I am looking for a shoot for my CC or RC around my neighbourhood but how do i charge?
    I read on cs that usual charge will be 120 plus VCD but for the VCD is it for storage of pictures only or a picture montage of the event with nice layout?And how do I apply for the job?

Default Re: Event shoot for RC and CC charges

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    I am looking for a shoot for my CC or RC around my neighbourhood but how do i charge?
    I read on cs that usual charge will be 120 plus VCD but for the VCD is it for storage of pictures only or a picture montage of the event with nice layout?And how do I apply for the job?
    u r looking for a shoot?? so have u contacted them or they contacted you??? please read thru the thread about event shoots again. 120 plus VCD kena slam big time... better read everything again.

CC and RC don't have budget for normal event shoots, so most of the time you see only people using PnS to snap, only when events have MP as GOH do have some budget, is not very good also, and only use regular photographers with many years experience, most of the photographers are FULL TIMER, btw, the photographers only shoot pictures with MPs inside the photos, not cover the whole event.

if you volunteer yourself, sure they will very happy to let you shoot the event.

hope this help.
    Last edited by catchlights; 27th March 2009 at 05:59 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Like for 50 or 70 also cannot?

50 or 70 mabbie for the entire 2-4 hour event, plus prints, plus CD incuding all edited files can.

My friend told me one PA function wanted a tog to cover a whole series of concerts from morning to night, plus DI, plus prints plus album plus CD - $250.

not say cannot. But are you only worth so much??? Dun forget that time is money and u also need transport and time later to process... u need electricity to power your comp to do post processing also right??? All this little things come into play on how much u roughly wanna charge. I'm also gonna be doing some cc rc events soon but i ain't quoting so low even though it's my first time shooting event at rc but i've been practising shooting events at my work place and well let's say i wun be charging 50-70 per event ba... the client may not think u r worth more but it's up to YOU to convince them u r!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    50 or 70 mabbie for the entire 2-4 hour event, plus prints, plus CD incuding all edited files can.

My friend told me one PA function wanted a tog to cover a whole series of concerts from morning to night, plus DI, plus prints plus album plus CD - $250.
    wah 50-70 for all that ah... let me know if got such lobang man... i sure hire u and make a profit for myself lo hahahaha

i suggest u take a look at this link before deciding how much to market yourself. It's from Ejun's website and I found it helpful after reading it myself. Hope it helps u too!

http://www.ejunlow.com/pgs/info_mode...togs_pt06.html

you still don't get it, if no budget was given for photography coverage for the event, WHO is going to pay the $50 or $70 dollars to the photographer for shooting the events?

don't believe, you can call up the CC manager or RC chairman and ask, the answers will be:
    #1, We don't have budget for event coverage.
    #2, We have our own photographers.
    #3, We will be glad if you could volunteer yourself for community work.

I have a photographer friend do event coverage for a few CDCs for many years, since last year he start get less jobs, CCs start asking own people to shoot the events themself, all these can tell from the photos using in their constituency newsletter and website.

simply NO BUDGET!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I have a photographer friend do event coverage for a few CDCs for many years, since last year he start get less jobs, CCs start asking own people to shoot the events themself, all these can tell from the photos using in their constituency newsletter and website.

simply NO BUDGET!
    more like they getting more n more cheapskate and bo chap hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

simply NO BUDGET!
    Actually, sometimes it's not that they have 'no budget' per se, but whatever budgets that is allocated to one event or celebration - they use up for other things/suppliers where they can't cheong - like all those temp installations, decoration contractors, caterers etc who may give a bit of discount, but not until make a jia lat loss.

It's a situation where photographers are not considered to be 'essential' suppliers so they usually dun need allocate budget. As Catchlights mentioned, look at their current notice boards, internal newsletters etc and you can see that sometimes, even got big head GOH, the photos also anyhow whack DIY.

Except that when they want to use it for the national day poster then they would set aside some fund.

Most RC or CCC members are themselves in the trade/businesses. Any "lobang" will usually go to " ka-ki- nang." e.g. printing of flyers/brochures, tentage, signage, retailers of bottle/packet drinks, etc.