Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 149

Thread: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

  1. #121

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    A HUGE CONGRATS to BRAWN GP!!! A true fairy tale finish!!!

    In contrast, Ferrari looks like a rolling circus. Reliability and team strategy issues plaguing all over. I guess that's what happens when ego gets the better of common sense. Want an ALL ITALIAN TEAM? Go start a restaurant. For racing, they should've stuck with Ross Brawn, THE ARCHITECT OF SUCCESS!!!

    And oh yes, Hamster is a conniving lucky bast@rd.
    Eh.......Hamilton drove an excellent race. He was not lucky.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Congratulations to R. Brawn and team for the 1-2, although it was given by S. Vettel and R. Kubica, but that is part of racing, keeping your nose clean until crossing the start-finish line with the checkered flag waving. Nevertheless, congratulations to them! But the 1-2 results will remain provisional till 14 Apr.

    I agree with Godzilla Invades that L. Hamilton was not lucky, in fact he drove a very matured race to get to P4. How unlike last year. And to the fact that McLaren is nowhere near the performance of the other teams, at least for now.

    If Gunbucker were to insist that Hamilton was a lucky bast@rd, then so are many drivers today. Tell it especially to R. Barichello. He inherited P2. After all the gung ho driving in the first half of the race, where he caused the first incident at Turn 1 right after the start when he tried to muscled his way through after his starting fiasco!

  3. #123

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Eh.......Hamilton drove an excellent race. He was not lucky.
    LOL! Well, I'm biased against the Golden Child.

    On the same note, Kimi drove like an old lady, and Kubica drove like a crazed crackhead!

    A huge bummer for Vettel, but I'm sure he's got many more podium finishes to come.

  4. #124
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    LOL! Well, I'm biased against the Golden Child.
    Hahhahahaa.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    On the same note, Kimi drove like an old lady, and Kubica drove like a crazed crackhead!

    A huge bummer for Vettel, but I'm sure he's got many more podium finishes to come.
    K. Raikkonen was half expected to do that - throw away a seemingly good race, like in Singapore last year.

    S. Vettel is a up and coming lad. In fact, he got a promotion in terms of team allocation this year!

  5. #125
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    I am very happy... as i won all the bets that i had made. I am lucky...

    I decided to bet on Jenson Button & Brawn F1 team in many categories, after looking thru Friday's test sessions & early saturday test sessions, no doubt taking a risk that i might loss all.

    But the odds changes, lucky are those that betted early morning Saturday. Afternoon after they finished Qualifying, the odds on Brawn team became very low.

  6. #126
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    The 2 Toyotas are lucky or were they really good? They started at the back, last 2 of the grid & they finished 3rd &5th. that is very good.

  7. #127

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b View Post
    The 2 Toyotas are lucky or were they really good? They started at the back, last 2 of the grid & they finished 3rd &5th. that is very good.
    In fact the 2 Toyotas started from the pit stop and both have good finishes

  8. #128

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Eh.......Hamilton drove an excellent race. He was not lucky.
    he was lucky alright. if vettel and kubica didn't take each other out, hammy would be 2 places back.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    I was shouting "Two idiots" when I saw the 2 front-runners take each other out like amateurs.

    Hamy is promoted to P3 as Trulli overtook under the safety car.

    Missed the opening lap, only to get the details that Ruby almost stalled his car on the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Congratulations to R. Brawn and team for the 1-2, although it was given by S. Vettel and R. Kubica, but that is part of racing, keeping your nose clean until crossing the start-finish line with the checkered flag waving. Nevertheless, congratulations to them! But the 1-2 results will remain provisional till 14 Apr.

    I agree with Godzilla Invades that L. Hamilton was not lucky, in fact he drove a very matured race to get to P4. How unlike last year. And to the fact that McLaren is nowhere near the performance of the other teams, at least for now.

    If Gunbucker were to insist that Hamilton was a lucky bast@rd, then so are many drivers today. Tell it especially to R. Barichello. He inherited P2. After all the gung ho driving in the first half of the race, where he caused the first incident at Turn 1 right after the start when he tried to muscled his way through after his starting fiasco!

  10. #130

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    BRAWN GP!!!!!!!!!!! 1 and 2


    vettel and kubica
    damn vettel spoilt kubica's party.
    it's ok. i still have faith in bm.

    go bm.

  11. #131

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    he was lucky alright. if vettel and kubica didn't take each other out, hammy would be 2 places back.
    yeah, and if kubica were to finish 2nd to button, i would be on my way to toto ticketing booth to get my earning for the day.

  12. #132

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    woah when was the last time a new team had a 1-2 finish. 70's maybe.

    well done Brawn GP.

  13. #133
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    woah when was the last time a new team had a 1-2 finish. 70's maybe.

    well done Brawn GP.
    "Not since the French Grand Prix in 1954 has a team new to Formula One racing finished one-two on their debut. That day it was Juan Manuel Fangio and Karl Kling for Mercedes-Benz." - from: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9095.html

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Great show by Brawn GP. They really take F1 by storm. Ha ha, now everybody will be looking at them now. Ferrari better buck up fast!

    Anyway it is only the 1st race. So...

    FORZA FERRARI! WIN THE NEXT RACE!!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  15. #135

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Great show by Brawn GP. They really take F1 by storm. Ha ha, now everybody will be looking at them now. Ferrari better buck up fast!

    Anyway it is only the 1st race. So...

    FORZA FERRARI! WIN THE NEXT RACE!!
    Michael for Ferrari Team Boss!!! Domenicali is a mess. It shows in the reliability, and half-baked strategies.

    I believe Ferrari has a championship capable car, and championship capable drivers. Just the orchestration of it all is, to quote Luca, a circus.

  16. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Michael for Ferrari Team Boss!!! Domenicali is a mess. It shows in the reliability, and half-baked strategies.

    I believe Ferrari has a championship capable car, and championship capable drivers. Just the orchestration of it all is, to quote Luca, a circus.
    I'll 2nd that as well.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  17. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    3,704

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Now Vettel will need to take a 10-place grid penalty during the next race in Sepang. In addition, the Red Bull team is fined US50k for driving the damaged car round the track.

  18. #138
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Wah the Brawn Supremacy 1-2! Ferrari was in the dumps again. They need to wake up!

  19. #139
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    Red Bull is not part of the controversy. the other team is Toyota.
    icic I tot it was Red Bull

    They should just forget about the controversy and copy the design!
    Last edited by afbug; 30th March 2009 at 12:26 AM.

  20. #140

    Default Re: 2009 formula 1 ing australian grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah the Brawn Supremacy 1-2! Ferrari was in the dumps again. They need to wake up!
    Maybe they should let Kimi take a shot of vodka before the race starts. Hang on, that doesn't sound right

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •