Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help on camera backpacks =)

Default Re: help on camera backpacks =)

Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    hmm, why would you say that flipside is a safer bag? cus of the nature of the opening so u wont drop your camera when u open?
    I would say that the whole idea of that bag is kinda unique. the zippers are lined along the back of the bag. so it's not easy for others to unzip and get your stuffs while it's firmly on your back.

the way you get your stuff if i understand the video properly, you have to swing the bag in front of you with the waist clips, releasing both shoulder straps and get your gear while the bag in cantilevered from the waist.

the kata 3n1 is another unique system. it's like the smaller fastpacks, but with a greater deal of sling options. the cross sling option is very interesting.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bleh/
    let the universe surprise you .)

Think tank Streetwalker PRO

i had own a fastpack 200, flipside 200 before. Now have minitrekker AW and offroad.

Fastpack 200
    - like the fact it has a compartment to put other stuff
    - I had some difficulties slinging it around and unzipping but could be because i am clumsy. i always worry the lenses will drop off when i unzip
    - can certainly put 1 body with tele attached + 2 more shorter lenses

Flipside 200
    - like that its compact but totally no room for other stuff like cleaning kit
    - like that it flips and you can change lens, really convenient
    - my 400D had the batt grip and i had to squeeze the flap in so i can zip it, so depth is not that good

I bought the mini trekker for use when i need to carry few more lenses or when i am travelling abroad. I think the size is quite good and not too bulky and its not as heavy and i like it that it has the tripod holder which makes it easier when i travel especially with my family. all in 1 bag, leave 2 hands free for the 2 kids hehehe

I bought the offroad after i realised something and now its my most used bag. Using it almost everytime i go shooting in singapore. Normally i just carry about 2 lenses with me. my walkabout 17-50 and my 100mm macro. This beltpack is very good and i like it because
    - If i only bring 2 lenses, i can remove one of the pouch to lighten the weight
    - the removed ends can be change to a water bottle holder
    - with backpack, i perspire like crazy at the back. but with beltpack i have no problem
    - the beltpack comes with a sling, so you can choose to sling, belt or both. I do both so there is support when i walk or change lens. without the shoulder sling, the bag would be sagging from the weight at the waist.
    - there is enough compartment for my cleaning kit
    - when i remove all lens pouches, its a normal bag i can use anywhere.
    - abit small in size, with my batt grip, the compartment is quite tight but i can compromise as long as i dun have a wet tshirt at the back :P

so maybe give it a thought about other bags and what suits u more. for me i went thru purchasing so many bags all brand new and finally settling for one 2nd bag but which i love so much coz i finally realised what suits me best

Quote Originally Posted by puraime View Post
    I would say that the whole idea of that bag is kinda unique. the zippers are lined along the back of the bag. so it's not easy for others to unzip and get your stuffs while it's firmly on your back.

the way you get your stuff if i understand the video properly, you have to swing the bag in front of you with the waist clips, releasing both shoulder straps and get your gear while the bag in cantilevered from the waist.

the kata 3n1 is another unique system. it's like the smaller fastpacks, but with a greater deal of sling options. the cross sling option is very interesting.
    I get what you mean now about safe. Thanks for your explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by stevechoo View Post
    Think tank Streetwalker PRO
    will check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by cyquek View Post
    i had own a fastpack 200, flipside 200 before. Now have minitrekker AW and offroad.

Fastpack 200
    - like the fact it has a compartment to put other stuff
    - I had some difficulties slinging it around and unzipping but could be because i am clumsy. i always worry the lenses will drop off when i unzip

Flipside 200
    - like that its compact but totally no room for other stuff like cleaning kit
    - like that it flips and you can change lens, really convenient
    - my 400D had the batt grip and i had to squeeze the flap in so i can zip it, so depth is not that good

I bought the mini trekker for use when i need to carry few more lenses or when i am travelling abroad. I think the size is quite good and not too bulky and its not as heavy and i like it that it has the tripod holder which makes it easier when i travel especially with my family. all in 1 bag, leave 2 hands free for the 2 kids hehehe

I bought the offroad after i realised something and now its my most used bag. Using it almost everytime i go shooting in singapore. Normally i just carry about 2 lenses with me. my walkabout 17-50 and my 100mm macro. This beltpack is very good and i like it because
    - If i only bring 2 lenses, i can remove one of the pouch to lighten the weight
    - the removed ends can be change to a water bottle holder
    - with backpack, i perspire like crazy at the back. but with beltpack i have no problem
    - the beltpack comes with a sling, so you can choose to sling, belt or both. I do both so there is support when i walk or change lens. without the shoulder sling, the bag would be sagging from the weight at the waist.
    - there is enough compartment for my cleaning kit
    - when i remove all lens pouches, its a normal bag i can use anywhere.
    - abit small in size, with my batt grip, the compartment is quite tight but i can compromise as long as i dun have a wet tshirt at the back :P

so maybe give it a thought about other bags and what suits u more. for me i went thru purchasing so many bags all brand new and finally settling for one 2nd bag but which i love so much coz i finally realised what suits me best
    wow thanks for the tips! and wah.. so many bags! haha

Yeah i'm quite scared that i'll end up having to buy another bag again after a while.. will burn a hole in my pocket (esp since im still a student).

i just checked out offroad.. haha don't really like :P i never liked waist pouches or shoulder bag so.. since it's a combination of the two, rejected straight away haha. no la, cus i want a backpack to ease my load. i know the pain of carrying my stuff on one shoulder.. damn tiring (i did that for two overseas trip and after a while i got too sian to take photos already) for me so i think maybe backpack will do me better

thanks for your recommendation anyway!

I get what you mean now about safe. Thanks for your explanation!

will check it out!

wow thanks for the tips! and wah.. so many bags! haha

Yeah i'm quite scared that i'll end up having to buy another bag again after a while.. will burn a hole in my pocket (esp since im still a student).

i just checked out offroad.. haha don't really like :P i never liked waist pouches or shoulder bag so.. since it's a combination of the two, rejected straight away haha. no la, cus i want a backpack to ease my load. i know the pain of carrying my stuff on one shoulder.. damn tiring (i did that for two overseas trip and after a while i got too sian to take photos already) for me so i think maybe backpack will do me better

thanks for your recommendation anyway!
    hahaha oh yah, i forgot to mention i have a freaking broken collar bone that never healed properly thats why backpack is a pain for me sometimes, i really mean it even when its strap on to both shoulders, so thats why i went for offroad. but good that you are sure on what you want. just make sure u consider a size good enough for a bit of gear expansion in near future....hehehe

Check out Cathay Photo, you can open and try every bags there

Challenger @ Funan has plenty of bags for you to touch,feel and play too.

Consider a tamrac adventure 7 or kata 3n1 series?
    I'm a cow with a camera

challenger wide range or orient photo

hahaha oh yah, i forgot to mention i have a freaking broken collar bone that never healed properly thats why backpack is a pain for me sometimes, i really mean it even when its strap on to both shoulders, so thats why i went for offroad. but good that you are sure on what you want. just make sure u consider a size good enough for a bit of gear expansion in near future....hehehe
    yes yes thts one reason why im even considering the 300 series for flipside hehe. but dont think even with gear expansion i will bring the whole collection out la.. haha. like tht i might as well carry my dry box out.. haha =X

Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    Check out Cathay Photo, you can open and try every bags there
    haha.. but paiseh la. do research properly first then wont kena poisoned to buy everything there

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    Challenger @ Funan has plenty of bags for you to touch,feel and play too.

Consider a tamrac adventure 7 or kata 3n1 series?
    tamrac adventure 7 looks nice, but can change lenses quickly one a not ah? haha. i googled but they never state anything about that.. im assumign cannot? =X

challenger wide range or orient photo
    i think challenger easier to try all i like =x i dont like to be served by sales people.. will feel paiseh

actually orient photo mainly display theirs bag outside, so its also easier to feel and see.

actually orient photo mainly display theirs bag outside, so its also easier to feel and see.
    ok thanks for the info!

haha i use dslr for 2 years already but i never buy bag before so dunno anything =X (my current bag came along with my camera when i boguht it 2nd hand) to be honest, other than MS color i never go other camera shop HAHA so newbie at this -_-"

Don't feel afraid to ask and to try them out....

You're the customer anyway.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Don't feel afraid to ask and to try them out....

You're the customer anyway.
    ya but sometimes some sales people like to sell other stuff also.. business tactics mah. then i will ji tao blur and just BBB. thats why now must check up everything and research properly, then narrow down to a few choices go there try and stick to my choice

go to CP-P. there all the bags open and u can try all u want. and hor, a few weeks back they started an offer while stock last. for certain bags, price discount + another sling bag + key chain. hehehe that time i cannot tahan buy a white elephant bag which is sitting under the desk along with another free white elephant sling bag. hahahaa! but make sure u ask which one got offer and free gift first hor

tamrac adventure 7 looks nice, but can change lenses quickly one a not ah? haha. i googled but they never state anything about that.. im assumign cannot? =X

I think kata change change lens faster cos you need not remove your bag. Check this out....

Kata 3n1-20
    Last edited by cowmera; 25th March 2009 at 03:07 AM.
    I'm a cow with a camera

go to CP-P. there all the bags open and u can try all u want. and hor, a few weeks back they started an offer while stock last. for certain bags, price discount + another sling bag + key chain. hehehe that time i cannot tahan buy a white elephant bag which is sitting under the desk along with another free white elephant sling bag. hahahaa! but make sure u ask which one got offer and free gift first hor

ok will check it out! hehe.

my dad just told me tonight (or rather, last night) that he going to sponser me $100 for my bag.. so now can afford to buy more expensive one

wow, u got a great father, look at thinktank series

Quote Originally Posted by cowmera View Post
    I think kata change change lens faster cos you need not remove your bag. Check this out....

Kata 3n1-20
    quite interesting.. but which shop carries this bag? cathay or challenger have?

Orient Photo, K-13, TK photo shd have it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast