Thread: Is this normal?

Default Is this normal?

if i view a image it will differ in size depending whether its at the side or center of the monitor... how do i correct this? when the image is at the side it looks stretched. i tested with another monitor of mine also the same..

What resolution are you using? Tried changing that?

1024x768
    at first i tot its becoz i had overstretched horizontally the screen...u know those controls for monitors where u can stretch the viewable area? but after i reduced it liao still the same.

no one knows?
    somehow i think this is a problem inherent in many monitors..why dun u guyz try it for yourself and see also.
    i didnt notice the prob at first too until i was doin some comparing of portraits in ps.

At first thought, I suspected your monitor was faulty. But then you mentioned that you tried another monitor and had the same problem. This led me to think that it could be your resolution setting. But now I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    At first thought, I suspected your monitor was faulty. But then you mentioned that you tried another monitor and had the same problem. This led me to think that it could be your resolution setting. But now I'm not sure.
    can u try and see if yours have the same prob?
    of coz its not something very very obvious but if u looked closely can see the difference. i even took out a ruler to measure juz to make sure my eyes werent playing tricks on me keke

Can you use some software (like Photoshop) to draw a square in the center of the monitor and then tell us how it changes when you move the square around the monitor? Does the square become a smaller or bigger square? Or does the square become a rectangle or other shapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Can you use some software (like Photoshop) to draw a square in the center of the monitor and then tell us how it changes when you move the square around the monitor? Does the square become a smaller or bigger square? Or does the square become a rectangle or other shapes?
    lets say i draw a square and view it in the middle it looks ok..then i drag it to the left or right the square will increase in width (height still the same)

vince123123
    Guests

try adjusting the trapezoid/pincushion/parallelogram settings on ur monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystix
    if i view a image it will differ in size depending whether its at the side or center of the monitor... how do i correct this? when the image is at the side it looks stretched. i tested with another monitor of mine also the same..

I think vince is correct in his suggestion.

ive already tried the pin cusion which was the control that i mentioned earlier in my post but i dun see how the trapezoid and parallelogram controls can help?

hmm a friend juz suggested maybe its becoz of the flatness of the monitor screen... curved ones are like that? coz i'm using samsung 753df and its not natural flat. my other comp is curved one

I have a SyncMaster 753DF monitor and I think it's flat enough. Never give me this kind of problem before.