Thread: Kenko CPL

Default Kenko CPL

Is kenko CPL good and will the coating come off using Lens tissue and lens cleaning solution.

Default Re: Kenko CPL

Quote Originally Posted by melvyn83 View Post
    Is kenko CPL good and will the coating come off using Lens tissue and lens cleaning solution.
    Hi melvyn,

I do own a Kenko CPL fliter, so far the coating has not come off. But i think Lens Tissue is better know as a optical cloth? and best is you use a dust blower first to get rid of the dust,then use a optical cloth to clean if the dust persist on staying on yr filter. I don't really recommend using lens cleaning solution,as it might damage the coating of the filter. But thats me

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
    chongk

I have a Kenko 67mm Pro 1D Cir-Pol. The coating has never peeled off, although I never use lens cleaning solution on it. I just wipe it gently with a lens cloth.

Have a Kenko filter. The quality is somewhat similar to Hoya in my opinion.

Actually Kenko and Hoya filters come from the same manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by ChongK View Post
    Hi melvyn,
    I don't really recommend using lens cleaning solution,as it might damage the coating of the filter. But thats me
    it did to mine... hiks...
    still useable and has no negative effect tho on the image result...

i used kinetronics solution that clean lens for filter...come on the coating dont just come off just like that...

I use kenko CPL always clean lens with blower follow by solution, I dont always clean my lens unless needed.
    If you polish yr car too much is not a good thing too.
    I Always blow the lens before cleaning and always use lens solution to remove dirt and finger print, didnt do dry cleaning. So far so good.
    Nikon D600 N35f2, N50f1.4, N24-120f4, Tokina 20-35f2.8, SB900,