Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you get sharp focus on moving subjects?

Default Re: How do you get sharp focus on moving subjects?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post
    Also helps to have a "reasonable" DOF. If shooting at large apertures and DOF is only a few cm, then chances of OOF pic is higher.
    what helps to get a 'reasonable' DOF? when i use shutter speed priority mode, i sometimes end up with large apertures such as 4.0 or 5.6 (sorry, that's the best my lens can do), and the photos are still blur, because the small focus area. How do you guys tackle that?
    Come visit my blog

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    I think D90 have face-detection..
    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Only in LV mode... and the AF is slow......
    wah.. didn;t know tt . but LV is klunky to use leh.. maybe the next gen of SLR will sort out live view AF speeds

When there is sufficient light, it's possible to have high shutter speed and small aperture (big F number) and low ISO.

If there is insufficient natural light, then use higher ISO, or use artificial light (i.e. very powerful flash, depending on the distance). If either is not possible then just take an "underexposed" picture and use post-processing to increase the brightness. Of course picture quality might suffer but that's just part and parcel of low light high speed photography.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    what helps to get a 'reasonable' DOF? when i use shutter speed priority mode, i sometimes end up with large apertures such as 4.0 or 5.6 (sorry, that's the best my lens can do), and the photos are still blur, because the small focus area. How do you guys tackle that?

Actually it is quite common in some of the new dslr... Olympus, Nikon & Canon all have at least 1 dslr model that have face detection....
    Think they only just introduced into the DSLR market. But i've personally used on my ex S5 IS and found to be not very intuitive and sometimes inaccurate too.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Think they only just introduced into the DSLR market. But i've personally used on my ex S5 IS and found to be not very intuitive and sometimes inaccurate too.
    They have start having them about a year ago... Hmm... accuracy & ease of use still alright but the focus speed ...

They have start having them about a year ago... Hmm... accuracy & ease of use still alright but the focus speed ...
    Honestly i still prefer to manually select my focusing point and shoot, it's a lot faster.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

What if you take a picture of a pile of apples or cabbage? Will there be an error message or rather a special "Big Group Mode"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12