View Poll Results: Ur reaction if someone wants to whack u even if u apologized & show ur camera photos?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait till he whack u first then u hit back.

34 28.81%
  • dont do anything! run like crazy with ur equipment!!

27 22.88%
  • call the police, and wait it out.

38 32.20%
  • apologize profusely and keep showing him the camera photos while reasoning with him.

25 21.19%
  • Stone down there. (like anyone's gonna do that!!)

10 8.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?

Default Re: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    seiji87,

so since you already possess with all these fatal martial art of self defence, you shouldn't be worry of if any one wanting to whack you. Then that guy is meeting his nemesis.
    nah.. i think i ask night86mare to use his special first, then u tie and strap him with c4, then ask scotty to beam him up to space, shoot him with proton cannon, then blow him up with c4, then ask shiruikage to use his canon and shoot him and see how noisy the photo can get. u all so funny leh!!

Lol.. i think for me, i see how it goes, then take control of the situation from there and see how it goes from there. Thanks to all who replied to this thread, so as to let me and all others to know how u guys diffuse the situation on ur own without help from anyone.
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

Default Re: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?

Let's form the CS SS. Any distress phone call from any bros here, we all show up with tripod to help settle the issue.

Who drives a lorry? And let's get some tatto on the biceps. Is the Canon logo intimidating enuff?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Let's form the CS SS. Any distress phone call from any bros here, we all show up with tripod to help settle the issue.

Who drives a lorry? And let's get some tatto on the biceps. Is the Canon logo intimidating enuff?
    and a uniform to identify, a sticker on every camera bags and equipment, an alliance.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 30th March 2009 at 03:06 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-IOEAlBpSo&NR=1

Some Idea for street photography

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    and a uniform to identify, a sticker on every camera bags and equipment, an alliance.
    hey, tat'll be cool!
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

hahahha!
    おれのflickrださ

Always walk around with a big stick, in my case a weighted manfrotto tripod
    Shoot from a far and when challenged, spew the regular "no privacy laws in sg etc etc etc" and offer to call the police, in fact dial 999 first then ask him if he wants to leave or talk with them

Today's newspaper carried a newstory about a woman accusing a shop assistant taking a photo of her. The newspaper asked, Would you do what Miss Erasmus(the victim) did to get a picture removed from someone's phone?

What the criminal lawyer said was,

"If a photo was taken of a fully dressed woman in a public place, it is hard to argue that her modesty has been compromised, or that the person taking the photograph had any intention to insult her modesty."

"The photographer in such a situation is not legally bound to show any of his photos to a woman who may have been photographed. Nor is he obliged to delete any of the photos, even if the woman asked him to."

When you think you have been falsely accused,

step 1 - if the photographs were taken in a public place, you do not need to show them to your accuser.

step 2 - you do not need to delete any photographs you have taken

step 3 - Do not leave the scene, and wait for the police to arrive to explain your case.

Note: all the text was taken from The new paper on tuesday 7 april 2009 page 10 and page 11.

Taa-daa, the law is on our side!!

vince123123
    Guests

Which was what I was trying to say again and again and again in CS since donkey years ago, but apparently not everyone believes me - some even try to question me haha

Quote Originally Posted by seiji87 View Post
    Today's newspaper carried a newstory about a woman accusing a shop assistant taking a photo of her. The newspaper asked, Would you do what Miss Erasmus(the victim) did to get a picture removed from someone's phone?

What the criminal lawyer said was,

"If a photo was taken of a fully dressed woman in a public place, it is hard to argue that her modesty has been compromised, or that the person taking the photograph had any intention to insult her modesty."

"The photographer in such a situation is not legally bound to show any of his photos to a woman who may have been photographed. Nor is he obliged to delete any of the photos, even if the woman asked him to."

When you think you have been falsely accused,

step 1 - if the photographs were taken in a public place, you do not need to show them to your accuser.

step 2 - you do not need to delete any photographs you have taken

step 3 - Do not leave the scene, and wait for the police to arrive to explain your case.

Note: all the text was taken from The new paper on tuesday 7 april 2009 page 10 and page 11.

Taa-daa, the law is on our side!!

Hehe!! Hey guys!! Anyone want to write to The New Paper to tell your view on how you wanna handle the situation? Coz they got one speak up, asking to email to tnptalk@sph.com.sg

Oh ya, if you guys email the new paper right, dun forget to mention you are a cs member!! that way we all know!! That will be cool!! Photographers giving this lady advice!! that i wanna see!! ok?

vince123123
    Guests

Why do any of us want to give the lady advice?

Quote Originally Posted by seiji87 View Post
    Hehe!! Hey guys!! Anyone want to write to The New Paper to tell your view on how you wanna handle the situation? Coz they got one speak up, asking to email to tnptalk@sph.com.sg

Oh ya, if you guys email the new paper right, dun forget to mention you are a cs member!! that way we all know!! That will be cool!! Photographers giving this lady advice!! that i wanna see!! ok?
    so what if you're a CS member? being a CS member does not mean one's advice would be better/useful. the best people to give advice would be lawyers.

also, i'm willing to bet that 75% of CS members are just GWC who have little/zero knowledge of the law, unlike (professional/full-time) photographers who have basic legal knowledge and are better off at giving advice.
    eat. drink. shoot

vince123123
    Guests

Heheh actually I don't think any of us should be giving any advice to her. By teaching members of the public how to counter us, aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot?

The advantage of having a membership base is that we look out for each other and help each other to "counter" the outside world heheh

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    so what if you're a CS member? being a CS member does not mean one's advice would be better/useful. the best people to give advice would be lawyers.

also, i'm willing to bet that 75% of CS members are just GWC who have little/zero knowledge of the law, unlike (professional/full-time) photographers who have basic legal knowledge and are better off at giving advice.

Wow, you guys are sure thinking on the pessimistic side though, if me, i would give her one advice, dun mess with photographers..

All right, as i feel that this thread is getting nowhere, so i'm closing this thread. Thanks to all for replying!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456