View Poll Results: Ur reaction if someone wants to whack u even if u apologized & show ur camera photos?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wait till he whack u first then u hit back.

34 28.81%
  • dont do anything! run like crazy with ur equipment!!

27 22.88%
  • call the police, and wait it out.

38 32.20%
  • apologize profusely and keep showing him the camera photos while reasoning with him.

25 21.19%
  • Stone down there. (like anyone's gonna do that!!)

10 8.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?

Default Re: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?

There will be no universal guide/answer to this question, it's a matter of case by case, and depending on location and countries.
    No lawyer could provide a satisfactory answer to this question too.

All my post are relating to Singapore only. Once you're in JB...heh heh...good luck to all.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 25th March 2009 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?

hmm, then i would say, Little Sunny Singapore then! coz a lot of us are in SG now, so might well as focus on SG bah!
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

vince123123
    Guests

I would venture to say that hte part about "case by case" shoudl not be there. I dont mind having it saying that it dpeends from location and countries. But in each case, the laws remain the same. Laws only vary by locality.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    There will be no universal guide/answer to this question, it's a matter of case by case, and depending on location and countries.
    No lawyer could provide a satisfactory answer to this question too.

All my post are relating to Singapore only. Once you're in JB...heh heh...good luck to all.

but then, why is everyone talking about the laws? I thought isnt the thread saying

Re: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

Quote Originally Posted by seiji87 View Post
    but then, why is everyone talking about the laws? I thought isnt the thread saying

Re: How do u react if someone's wants to whack u even though u nvr take his photo?
    The possible scenario...

* Want to...but physically did not. A verbal exchange of words." If you dare...I'll dial 999..."
    Case of intimidation, no physical contact between party. No valuable or property lost. Civil
    suit.

* Want to...return a challenge...in the end got beaten up. Case of assault. Hospital exam
    for injury report. Investigation continue..to trace the culprit and bring him to law.
    Want to ... got beaten and guy get away with photo-equipment. Robbery by day with causing hurt to victim.
    7 years if caught. if with weapon, plus rotan.

* Want to ...return a challenge...monopod crack the skull of that person. Benefits of doubt
    given to the more seriously injured. Voluntary causing hurt, jail sentence. Plead for leniency for unintentional.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 26th March 2009 at 03:24 AM.

* Want to ...return a challenge...monopod crack the skull of that person. Benefits of doubt
    given to the more seriously injured. Voluntary causing hurt, jail sentence. Plead for leniency for unintentional.
    i believe you're covered under the rights of private defence if you can justify that if you don't hit back, you'd be the one injured instead.

From Penal Code
    100. The right of private defence of the body extends, under the restrictions mentioned in section 99, to the voluntary causing of death or of any other harm to the assailant, if the offence which occasions the exercise of the right is of any of the following descriptions:

(a) such an assault as may reasonably cause the apprehension that death will otherwise be the consequence of such assault;

(b) such an assault as may reasonably cause the apprehension that grievous hurt will otherwise be the consequence of such assault;
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    i believe you're covered under the rights of private defence if you can justify that if you don't hit back, you'd be the one injured instead.

From Penal Code
    100. The right of private defence of the body extends, under the restrictions mentioned in section 99, to the voluntary causing of death or of any other harm to the assailant, if the offence which occasions the exercise of the right is of any of the following descriptions:

(a) such an assault as may reasonably cause the apprehension that death will otherwise be the consequence of such assault;

(b) such an assault as may reasonably cause the apprehension that grievous hurt will otherwise be the consequence of such assault;
    Be prepared to stand for a long trial, plus engage a good defending lawywer. Anyway, I can see that the end result will not be letting go easily by the Judge, here in Singapore.
    As, one case sentenced recently, a lady was sentenced to 2 weeks jail for splashing mineral water ( not pouring kerosine or what ) on to a women police officer. Too harsh ? or Too lenient ?
    Singapore's judiciary system do not encourage using force, that is the root/guideline.

Be prepared to stand for a long trial, plus engage a good defending lawywer. Anyway, I can see that the end result will not be letting go easily by the Judge, here in Singapore.
    As, one case sentenced recently, a lady was sentenced to 2 weeks jail for splashing mineral water ( not pouring kerosine or what ) on to a women police officer. Too harsh ? or Too lenient ?
    Singapore's judiciary system do not encourage using force, that is the root/guideline.
    i support that sentence since the person she attacked is a police officer.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

I'll run, of course, if he's about to land his punch on me! I guessed most of you would too.

If he hasn't, I'll talk to him politely.

If it's no use, I'll get the police then.

do note the following quote in the penal code about public servants (aka police)

Acts against which there is no right of private defence
    99. —(1) There is no right of private defence against an act which does not reasonably cause the apprehension of death or of grievous hurt, if done, or attempted to be done, by a public servant acting in good faith under colour of his office, though that act may not be strictly justifiable by law.

(2) There is no right of private defence against an act which does not reasonably cause the apprehension of death or of grievous hurt, if done, or attempted to be done, by the direction of a public servant acting in good faith under colour of his office, though that direction may not be strictly justifiable by law.

(3) There is no right of private defence in cases in which there is time to have recourse to the protection of the public authorities.
    eat. drink. shoot

if it's a 'dirty' cop...and we cant even defend ourself, may god help us all...
    おれのflickrださ

If there is no law, then most probably you are in an outlaw country, but Singapore is a FINE country.

Well, in Hong Kong style of argueing will be like... " You think you are Jacky Chan or Andy Lau, so that I can sell your picture or what ?" " What is your face value ? I rather shoot a dog or cat ."

If there is no law, then most probably you are in an outlaw country, but Singapore is a FINE country.

Well, in Hong Kong style of argueing will be like... " You think you are Jacky Chan or Andy Lau, so that I can sell your picture or what ?" " What is your face value ? I rather shoot a dog or cat ."
    Yep, singapore is a FINE country. Same here, i rather shoot a dog or cats.

if someone tries to whack me even when i never take his photo,

i let out a bloodcurdling warcry, and take off my jacket and immobilise him with my Snake Style

i will then execute a perfectly practised Circle of Death and break his arms with the Bear Paw technique

next comes the Buddha Palm attack, where i snatch off his legs and beat him with them, and then i will finish off with the 5 Point Heart Exploding move

this is a move where he will die after he walks five steps, but he cannot walk already, so he will just sit there forever

u've been watching one too many movies..
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    if someone tries to whack me even when i never take his photo,

i let out a bloodcurdling warcry, and take off my jacket and immobilise him with my Snake Style

i will then execute a perfectly practised Circle of Death and break his arms with the Bear Paw technique

next comes the Buddha Palm attack, where i snatch off his legs and beat him with them, and then i will finish off with the 5 Point Heart Exploding move

this is a move where he will die after he walks five steps, but he cannot walk already, so he will just sit there forever
    I think i use Yi yang zhi shoot towards him, fly towards him and use du gu jiu jian, then use da gou bang and whack him, then ask 18 lohan to whack him before i use ru lai fou zhang

Si bei funny sia, you!!
    Last edited by seiji87; 27th March 2009 at 09:39 PM.

I think i use Yi yang zhi shoot towards him, fly towards him and use du gu jiu jian, then use da gou bang and whack him, then ask 18 lohan to whack him before i use ru lai fou zhang

Si bei funny sia, you!!
    huh? why so hard?

i jsut take out a canon and shoot him.
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    huh? why so hard?

i jsut take out a canon and shoot him.
    Wait, let me tie him up and insert a C4 and blow him to bits, then you can draw your canon and shoot bits and pieces and later make into a photo puzzle.

Wait, let me tie him up and insert a C4 and blow him to bits, then you can draw your canon and shoot bits and pieces and later make into a photo puzzle.
    if u blow him up like dat, he'll just become very noisy and pixellated.
    おれのflickrださ

seiji87,

so since you already possess with all these fatal martial art of self defence, you shouldn't be worry of if any one wanting to whack you. Then that guy is meeting his nemesis.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast