Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Canon Photographer of the Year

  1. #1

    Default Canon Photographer of the Year

    Kudos to Canon for organising this event. However, it is rather low profile despite all the ads in the Clubsnap. Only get to know about it on the closing date of the Mar submission.

    http://www.digitaldreams.com.sg/poty/



    After going through the pics and looking at the votes, I have to conclude that the judging system is rather kelong. It is not the best picture wins. But rather, the one who creates the most accounts, wins.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Hi Keng Hor,

    Not true lah... you did pretty well too. I saw your macro close-up of your flower... voted for you as well! You got 29 votes... that's pretty good!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Just like Singapore Idol and American Idol.....there is never a far way to judge. Why not submit a crap photo and ask 100 people to vote. So end of the day Canon will know what is the problem. Their Photographer of the year produce crap photo.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Just like Singapore Idol and American Idol.....there is never a far way to judge. Why not submit a crap photo and ask 100 people to vote. So end of the day Canon will know what is the problem. Their Photographer of the year produce crap photo.
    No need to ask people to vote for u.
    Keep creating accounts and vote for yourself. U'll be rewarded with an ixus camera every month and a 5d2 with L lens at the end of the year.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Hi Keng Hor,

    Not true lah... you did pretty well too. I saw your macro close-up of your flower... voted for you as well! You got 29 votes... that's pretty good!

    Thanks.
    I've to confess that 1 vote is from myself. Another from my wife.
    Last edited by weekh; 23rd March 2009 at 07:14 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Just notice the first prize is a
    EOS 5D Mk II with EF 28-105mm f/4 L IS USM

    But What I know this lens is Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM no IS and not f/4.....

    is that a mistake or what???!?!?!!?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,651

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    No need to ask people to vote for u.
    Keep creating accounts and vote for yourself. U'll be rewarded with an ixus camera every month and a 5d2 with L lens at the end of the year.
    For every account you register, it has to be accompanied with an I.C. no. How many I.C.s do you carry?

  8. #8
    Senior Member erictan8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,885

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    It is not the best picture wins. But rather, the one who creates the most accounts, wins.

    ha ha... a very funny joke...
    really had a nice laugh...


    will create an account and vote for you...
    Hope to learn from everyone here....

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Just notice the first prize is a
    EOS 5D Mk II with EF 28-105mm f/4 L IS USM

    But What I know this lens is Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM no IS and not f/4.....

    is that a mistake or what???!?!?!!?
    hmm. think they meant the 5DII kit thus shld be 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM bah..

  10. #10

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888 View Post
    will create an account and vote for you...
    Please don't give me your vote cos we are from CS.
    Vote for the pic u think is worthy.

    Else another type of kelong...

  11. #11
    Senior Member wranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK | TWN
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    Please don't give me your vote cos we are from CS.
    Vote for the pic u think is worthy.

    Else another type of kelong...
    Truly agreed
    UK HMS Photojournalist

  12. #12

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    Thanks.
    I've to confess that 1 vote is from myself. Another from my wife.
    We can vote for our own photos?

    The brains behind the judging process must be one sick dude - (no offense to self voters ah)
    hasta la justicia siempre

  13. #13

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh View Post
    No need to ask people to vote for u.
    Keep creating accounts and vote for yourself. U'll be rewarded with an ixus camera every month and a 5d2 with L lens at the end of the year.
    Err...let me create the NRIC generator... where is my source code during my Uni-days? Anyone some nos.?

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    3,319

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Wee... I'm your long time fan... continue to post every theme... if u win at the end of the year... don't forget to pass me your used 5D MkII after you get the new one...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by cmeptb72 View Post
    We can vote for our own photos?

    The brains behind the judging process must be one sick dude - (no offense to self voters ah)
    Hmmm... food for thought... would we prefer someone to judge the photos submitted, or go for the current voting system? Or perhaps 50/50 system of judging and voting?

  16. #16
    Member kingfishers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    riverside of northwest
    Posts
    587

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    I post picture but no vote leh so die lor no present

  17. #17

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    For every account you register, it has to be accompanied with an I.C. no. How many I.C.s do you carry?
    IC Generator? Google
    Meow!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Hmmm... food for thought... would we prefer someone to judge the photos submitted, or go for the current voting system? Or perhaps 50/50 system of judging and voting?
    maybe 50/50 would be as it would probably add some impartiality to the judging process?
    hasta la justicia siempre

  19. #19

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Judges to shortlist 10 best or something, public voting and panel of judges to decide?
    Meow!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Canon Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Judges to shortlist 10 best or something, public voting and panel of judges to decide?
    Yeah, there should be a shortlist. Its nuts man. There is something like 13 pages of 8 pictures each. Which makes it about 100 pages to look through before voting (for serious voters). Its no wonder that this becomes a popularity contest.

    They should shortlist it to 10 or something. Only then should they let the public to vote.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •