Thread: Regional Beach / Spa destination to recommend?

Default Regional Beach / Spa destination to recommend?

Planning for a retreat with my other half, is there any recommendation for beach or spa destination which won't break the bank?

We're thinking of Bintan, but since a lot of the items are charged in SGD (as far as I can see online), we can also consider other places in Malaysia or Thailand if the cost can justify even if budget airline tix is included

TIA!

Default Re: Regional Beach / Spa destination to recommend?

What's your expected budget and duration. I wouldn't advise Bintan as the beaches there are not that fantastic.

I would rather go to Bali instead of Thailand or Malaysia. Plenty of places to choose from over there. If it's only a weekend trip (2 nights/3 days), it shouldn't costs too much.

Quote Originally Posted by helmiz View Post
    What's your expected budget and duration. I wouldn't advise Bintan as the beaches there are not that fantastic.
    I'm looking for a 3D2N, and budget less than 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave View Post
    I would rather go to Bali instead of Thailand or Malaysia. Plenty of places to choose from over there. If it's only a weekend trip (2 nights/3 days), it shouldn't costs too much.
    I've been to Bali some years back, but it's a solo backpacking adventure.. Any recommendation for any villa (not expensive ) that is worth staying?

this is my fave bali accomodation
    http://sindhumertha.com/

about 10 rooms in all, you get personalized treatment and the rooms are very comfy and spacious. was there with a couple of friends, and one of them had some tummy trouble. the staff was nice enough to drive out to buy porridge specially for her.

downside is it's in Sanur, and about 15min cab ride to kuta beach. but for that price, it's real value. plus it's just across the road from a dive shop!
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

You can try Phuket. It's not too ex and airfare's cheap right now. I believe you can find a budget airline plying SG-HKT and have the 1K budget kept to even if you pick a 4.5 star hotel.
    Snap ?

Phi Phi Island! wonderful beach there... and it's pretty affordable as compared to Maldives

http://www.jarimenari.com/

Try this in Bali.

3D2N won't be enough in Bali. Been there twice and my second time there was for 10D, but still I feel it's not enough.

Looks like we have to postpone this trip.. Thanks all for the inputs!