Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D70

Default Re: D70

Quote Originally Posted by chickenlittle21 View Post
    hey, one more thing, wad are the differences for cf cards? is speed v impt?
    The speed is important if you are going to shoot at high speed continous shooting and also wish to download your cards faster. Or if you intend to shoot video (D90 currently, which would use SD anyway.... )

So for a D70, you can use a Sandisk Ultra II or equivalent which would be more than satisfactory.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

so is buying Kingston 4G CF card suitable?

so is buying Kingston 4G CF card suitable?
    Personally I don't quite like Kingston. But it's up to you. I'd rather go for a Sandisk, Lexar or even Transcend.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

y is that u dun like kingston? can share ur experience?

y is that u dun like kingston? can share ur experience?
    Just the slower speed...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Just the slower speed...
    i second and third that ! sandisk FTW!

between the 3 nikon kit lenses , 18-55, 18-70 and 18-135, i would personally vote for 18-70 as the best and greatest kit lens followed by 18-135 then 18-55.

i believe memory cards are still relatively ok priced.

TS, before you jump into photography and get infected by the BBB virus or buy buy buy , use whatever your first lens be it 18-55 or 18-70 or 28-200 to the fullest potential. from there then decide what's good for you. dont get something that you will regret and then dump/sell it.

hey! since u are using tamron 28-200mm, mind posting some of ur photos here?

So in the end did u still stick with tamron 28-200mm? wad other lenses did u buy
    Here's some of my humble shots. Hope it helps:

So in the end did u still stick with tamron 28-200mm? wad other lenses did u buy
    I got the lens 2nd-hand on Apr 2006, which I kept close to heart until I sold it just a couple of months ago.

It was a versatile lens, and for much of 2006 and 2007, the only lens that I own. I tend to borrow/rent other lenses when required.

I later moved on to purchase a Sigma 10-20mm as I was keen on landscapes (you can probably tell from my samples), and later on, a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for general photography and events. (Which is my sole revenue generating venture in my entire photographic career. Haha!)

I decided to let go of the Tamron 28-200mm and acquire a Nikon 55-200VR instead, as the combination with the Tamron 17-50mm covers the same range as the 28-200, but with superior optics and image quality.

The Tamron 28-200mm is definitely an easy-to-use and versatile lens, with a fairly extensive reach. Of course, you cannot expect too much from a superzoom design that dates back to more than 10 years ago. Indeed, the image quality does falter at the tele end, and is apparent on my D70. Still, for the price, you really cannot ask for too much. And oh, I kept wishing it was wider too...

My suggestion will be to get that lens, or something similar, and start shooting. Once you are certain of your photographic skills, upgrade accordingly. For instance, I opted for an ultra-wide lens, but if you're a macro or portrait kind of person, get the relevant lens that suits your needs. Right now, it is IMO that the Tamron is a good do-it-all lens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12