Thread: Can Electric Dry Cabinet be shutdown once reach the desired humidity?

Cool Can Electric Dry Cabinet be shutdown once reach the desired humidity?

Just wanna ask you guys, if it's advisable to turn-off the electric dry cabinet once it reach the desirable humidity range?

Default Re: Can Electric Dry Cabinet be shutdown once reach the desired humidity?

Good question....

Do you turn off your fridge once the ice cube freeze?

Default Re: Can Electric Dry Cabinet be shutdown once reach the desired humidity?

You don't turn off the power to the dry cabi, leave it on 24/7. Its' power consumption is very low, about 5W, so don't worry about the electrical bill.
    D300 & P5100 :bsmilie:

NO...

it works like a thermostat. It will automatically shut off and turn on by itself.

DO NOT turn it off... you will lose the protection of a fixed humidity then.

And anyway, it takes SO little electrical power only. 5watts compared to your computer which may be sucking down 400-500 watts...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    And anyway, it takes SO little electrical power only. 5watts compared to your computer which may be sucking down 400-500 watts...
    What sort of computer are you running? Even my Phenom II with 4870 in Crossfire doesn't drain that much...
    Alpha

Ahh, I see...

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    What sort of computer are you running? Even my Phenom II with 4870 in Crossfire doesn't drain that much...
    The PSU's sold in SLS are a minimum of 300 watts these days... And with the number of HDD's graphics and CPU drain, I wouldn't be surprised at the amount of power a personal computer does use up.

Dun forget the amount of fans required to cool down and also the monitor.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

when you switch off your dry cabi, the humidity level will creep back up... esp at night... just leave it on..
    Playing with M43.