Thread: Buying shoulder-bag straps. What and where?

Default Buying shoulder-bag straps. What and where?

As per title. I'm selling away my Lowepro Stealth Reporter D200AW shoulder bag, and now my Toploader 75AW has this strap that I really don't like. I've been using the D200AW's strap on the toploader, so I'm very used to something like that. I also require another strap for my tripod/light-stand bag(s).

Any ideas where I can buy straps similar to ones from lowepro? Or can I buy *lowepro* straps? I'm not into the brand part-- interested in the strength of the strap, and the comfort.

Cheers,
    Zexun
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Default Re: Buying shoulder-bag straps. What and where?

my suggestion is not to buy neoprene straps for camera bags and other heavy stuff. works fine for the camera strap, but way too bouncy for a camera bag and actually increases fatigue rather than spread the load out. not to mention my matin neoprene strap is tearing itself apart bit by bit after about half a year of bouncing around. a poorly-spent $30..

on the lookout for something cheap and good.

I personally use the Pacsafe straps. Not bad, but the rubber may wear down and start leaving lil bits on your shoulders if you're carrying heavy loads and allow the strap to slip off....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

1 Vote for pacsafe, 1 vote to not getting any neoprene straps.

Anyone else?
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Neoprane straps are fine, but they have to be wider. Optech's version is a bit too narrow for heavy bags.