Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSF Posting Order- Kana Posted to SisPeC - Suffer in Silence Plus Extra Confinement

Default Re: NSF Posting Order- Kana Posted to SisPeC - Suffer in Silence Plus Extra Confineme

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Are you looking for sympathy, tips or something else.

Deal with it bro.

SISPEC is nothing, many others are doing worse.

And things are much easier.

Always remember, the sun will also shine again, and whatever tekan session will always end. Besides your mummy can always call the MP and complain of abuse if the training is too hard.

Chin up! Its only a few months.

You will make plenty of friends and have many stories to share over beers for the rest of your life.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Default Re: NSF Posting Order- Kana Posted to SisPeC - Suffer in Silence Plus Extra Confineme

Steady ah brother! Sispec warrior. and o....the term Suffer In Silence Plus Extra Confinement, 80% true. haha. be prepared.
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    u mean there was even a time that SISPEC trainees actually dun have to pass SOC meh??

good luck. you're going to have commandos/SOF/rangers and guardsmen (mainly) as your trainers... i wonder if CO/SISPEC still go on the grad march with BSLC/ASLC trainees... in his FBO...
    Yah! I did the grad march with the CO nearly 10 years ago!

When I crossed over to OCS, was really happy that they don't do fast march in FBO like sispec.

You are right, in OCS we do not do fast march in FBO

WE RUN!

What kind of OCS did you do ...

I carried my FBO, my GPMG and ran. My buddy did the same with a 84mm. Some sad chap had his FBO, and a signal set, and we are talking the old French made 10kg ones.

Different times, I guess..

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    When I crossed over to OCS, was really happy that they don't do fast march in FBO like sispec.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

hey to the TS...just one advice..please please please please don't run into your section mate's firing arc when doing section live firing...some gorblock ran into mine..lucky i never fire or his backside would have an even bigger hole....this was the same idiot who misfired a blank while checking clear within a building when he wasn't supposed to...beside my ear somemore.

WE RUN!

I carried my FBO, my GPMG and ran. My buddy did the same with a 84mm. Some sad chap had his FBO, and a signal set, and we are talking the old French made 10kg ones.

Cheers
    Haha,, i guess i lived in more "keng" times, only SBO, no FBO...Anyway, i rather run at times, its the fast walking thats killing my legs.

I was blessed with long legs, so that probably helps...

TS and all NS folks

Use good socks, I use Thorlo Combat socks, and good shoe pads from Avia.

It helps trust me. And get your pack conditioned, sponges and all to make it comfy. Put some lemon or preserved plum in the drink, makes it taste better and gives you salt.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Haha,, i guess i lived in more "keng" times, only SBO, no FBO...Anyway, i rather run at times, its the fast walking thats killing my legs.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    hey to the TS...just one advice..please please please please don't run into your section mate's firing arc when doing section live firing...some gorblock ran into mine..lucky i never fire or his backside would have an even bigger hole....this was the same idiot who misfired a blank while checking clear within a building when he wasn't supposed to...beside my ear somemore.
    That guy must be some fug.

Me too had an experience when doing my annual ATP shoot during active time. The guy beside me got up and dunno what he did and his rifle just misfired. I got a shock as we are preparing for the 300m-200m rundown. The round shot into the wooden panel above us and thank god it didn't ricochet off and back.

I was blessed with long legs, so that probably helps...

TS and all NS folks

Use good socks, I use Thorlo Combat socks, and good shoe pads from Avia.

It helps trust me. And get your pack conditioned, sponges and all to make it comfy. Put some lemon or preserved plum in the drink, makes it taste better and gives you salt.
    Good bicycle tights worn under the pants during route march/fast march will go a long way to avoiding abrasions.

Maybe there should be a thread on tips for NS..

Edit: Apparently, one thread was just started.
    Last edited by ahbian; 21st March 2009 at 07:56 AM.

I was from 2nd batch BSLC, wonder anyone else same batch.

My days in SISPEC were one of the most memorable, no 'real stress' or responsibility, no need to worry about recession or money no enough - like one of my company mate used to say, everyday you wake up in the morning (or at night!) just chiong and chiong, and then when all finished, sleep. Then next day wake up chiong again, no need to think so much. Important thing is build good relationships with your section/platoon mates, and enjoy the ride!

ASLC? BSLC?...

Good ole SISPEC didn't have either.

(Of course the SAFINCO veterans would have something to say about this...)

ISL 62nd Batch....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP View Post
    Heard nowadays soldiers dun even need to clean toilets already.. They have banglas to do it for them..
    inside ndu, we clean ourselves...
    trainees always clean toilets one...

sispec got 2 famous phases:
    1. GTM = go through motion
    2. ABLL = act blur live longer

learn to love the forest, you'll be sleeping there often...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 22nd March 2009 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    ASLC? BSLC?...

"SufferingCo" veteran reporting!

I recall my batch was sent to Brunei for jungle training as an experiment, then the idea was canned for subsequent batches. We had a memorable CSM, Encik Lim, Commando, Ranger etc, scary guy.

But hey, I felt I really earned my corporal stripes at the end of the course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    ASLC? BSLC?...

hello... i still got the red safinco PT vest some where in my cupboard, ok?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Update: After 1 week in BSLC in Sispec, i have to agree life is'nt that bad here...
    Many, many lectures + shiong training + shiong outfield but tekan is less cuz they treat us as leaders-to-be there (new system)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP View Post
    Heard nowadays soldiers dun even need to clean toilets already.. They have banglas to do it for them..
    do you know what the "bangla" means?
    it is actually the language of bangladesh

this time i will assume that you did not use it as a derogatory term

WE RUN!

Cheers
    Lol.. totally agreed! times are different, just 2years ago, i ran around the wing line carrying the metador over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by king2penn View Post
    Update: After 1 week in BSLC in Sispec, i have to agree life is'nt that bad here...
    Many, many lectures + shiong training + shiong outfield but tekan is less cuz they treat us as leaders-to-be there (new system)
    yea..and the new rank gives SCT more pay..
    eat. drink. shoot

sispec got some memorable training

exercise nut cracker and exercise warrior.

3days digging......

i still rememebers 7-8 years when doing my sispec in tekong the training schedule was like ****

wake up 5am, 5bx follow my 10min breakfast, then change to outfield lesson after that SOC. lunch time, same eat very fast, then after that classroom lesson and follow by IPPT.. after dinner got classroom lesson also.....

i dont really have a good memories of my sispec days becuase i met all this young people from saf education center who are sooooo childish and act like they are the whole world......in the other hand all my core mates were feeling the annoyance by this big group of trainee too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast