Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camera Live View

Default Re: Camera Live View

Hi,

Good morning to all in the forum. I'm new here and just registered as a member yesterday. since i come across this issue about liveview. I have this question that needs help. I tried night photography with liveview on to see and to check the setting. I noticed that it was very grainy (i supposed that what you call noise). after taking the shot, the playback on the lcd is covered with lot of tiny grains. I took various lighting conditions with varous setting still those grains appear on the playback. Why is it so? Hope to find the answer to this problem here.

Thank you,

its the iso mostly.

the trick is to open wide and have a long exposure at iso 100-200. practice more.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Will go for night photography tomorrow and try again.

Good night.

Hi !

In live view, when I press half shutter, the focusing sometimes takes longer than normal to capture focus. And then when I depress full shutter, sometimes there is some shutter noise, but it ends there, without any shoot taken.

Bt most of the time, the shutter takes the picture, but there is a lag time of 1 or 2 secs, during which time I have to stay real still or else the picture is blurred.

I am really frustrated. Its just so irritating. Does this happen to all brands of cameras (except sony) ?

*sighhhhhh !!!! *

Quote Originally Posted by spydertrader View Post
    Hi !

In live view, when I press half shutter, the focusing sometimes takes longer than normal to capture focus. And then when I depress full shutter, sometimes there is some shutter noise, but it ends there, without any shoot taken.

Bt most of the time, the shutter takes the picture, but there is a lag time of 1 or 2 secs, during which time I have to stay real still or else the picture is blurred.

I am really frustrated. Its just so irritating. Does this happen to all brands of cameras (except sony) ?

*sighhhhhh !!!! *
    not really sure bout it but i think its the same like my d300.
    to focus in live view do take sometime and will have there is a shutter sound but it wont take any pic till you press the shutter fully.
    pic blur, i have never encountered whn using the live view yet.
    you can try any of yr frns to compare if you still think you are unsure.
    gd luck.

Quote Originally Posted by spydertrader View Post
    Hi !

*sighhhhhh !!!! *
    for nikon, there is 2 method of live view focusing

1. contrast focusing which take super long, need to press the AF-ON to focus. the focusing is done while in live view

2. the normal AF sensor which require the mirror to flip up(this is your shutter like sound) and all the AF sensor to adjust the focus (your shutter is still close at this point in time) u need to depress the shutter further to snap your shot (usually u will move and end up with a blur pic as your focus point is not pointing on what u want just before the shot is taken)

ALL i can say is NIKON and CANON your live view system totally cannot make it, OLYMPUS and SONY are the current leader in terms of live view, fast and smooth to use. (i am a nikon user by the way)
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Quote Originally Posted by nixontkl View Post
    ALL i can say is NIKON and CANON your live view system totally cannot make it, OLYMPUS and SONY are the current leader in terms of live view, fast and smooth to use. (i am a nikon user by the way)
    agreeeedddddd... the autofocus in live view cannot make it at all, it took 2-3 secs to focus, while it onli takes miliseconds to focus without the live view...

but live view can be useful when u are using manual focus, u can use the digital zoom to zoom in to ur object and fine tune ur focus, its a plus point IMHO. =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123