Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Camera Live View

  1. #21

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Frankly speaking this live view mode is a bouse feature for product photographer and micro photographer which the live view is a big benefit for them....

  2. #22
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    10% of the time, I use Liveview mainly for shots that are far away so that I can zoom in using the digital zoom to see where the focusing point is.

    For my camera, Liveview will auto switched off after about 4 secs if no toggle or other Liveview setting is being triggered.

    NovJoe.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Sony uses a secondary sensor for auto focus in live view, so it is fast. The drawback to this is that the view from the viewfinder is a bit smaller as it has to cater space for the secondary sensor. Panasonic's g1 live view focusing is pretty impressive though.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGdUb View Post
    Sony uses a secondary sensor for auto focus in live view, so it is fast. The drawback to this is that the view from the viewfinder is a bit smaller as it has to cater space for the secondary sensor. Panasonic's g1 live view focusing is pretty impressive though.
    Speaking on the G1's live view, have tried it during the IT Show'09, the EVF refresh is fast but under low lighting condition you get discolor image on the EVF, however the picture taken is normal....

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Curious.. which system are you using?
    im using d300 and the function button for continuous shots
    for example CL - continuous low and CH - continuous high




    and for the live view function button is another turn after the CH mode button as shown below



    so im not really sure how to take continuous shots together with the live view mode.
    to me i think i can only use either one of the functions.
    if to use live view thn cannot use CL or CH function.
    either can use either CL (continuous low), CH (continuous high) or live view mode.

    maybe someone have ever used this 2 functions at the same time..
    can explain?
    thanks..

  6. #26

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by xintothezonex View Post
    im using d300 and the function button for continuous shots
    for example CL - continuous low and CH - continuous high




    and for the live view function button is another turn after the CH mode button as shown below



    so im not really sure how to take continuous shots together with the live view mode.
    to me i think i can only use either one of the functions.
    if to use live view thn cannot use CL or CH function.
    either can use either CL (continuous low), CH (continuous high) or live view mode.

    maybe someone have ever used this 2 functions at the same time..
    can explain?
    thanks..
    I have the same problem as you on a D700. I would like to use live view especially on singer's autograph session or when I am behind a crowd, and I think continuous shots ll be nice that time

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by alexljy View Post
    I have the same problem as you on a D700. I would like to use live view especially on singer's autograph session or when I am behind a crowd, and I think continuous shots ll be nice that time
    yeah.. so i guess that there is no way that we can take live view and multiple shots or continuous shots together.
    unless need to press the shutter one at a time quickly..
    hmm..

  8. #28

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by xintothezonex View Post
    yeah.. so i guess that there is no way that we can take live view and multiple shots or continuous shots together.
    unless need to press the shutter one at a time quickly..
    hmm..
    traditionally no...but the K20D`s 20fps burst mode does come in handy in those situations.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  9. #29
    Senior Member B-setting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Equator
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    i guess it is the lag produced from the switch between Live View and the shutter that slow things down a bit.

    hope technology will catch up with this problem.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    i guess it is the lag produced from the switch between Live View and the shutter that slow things down a bit.

    hope technology will catch up with this problem.
    It has!


    On the sonys.
    Alpha

  11. #31
    Senior Member B-setting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Equator
    Posts
    2,444

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It has!


    On the sonys.
    ha ha.. i realised that after looking at your signature. seriously, do you use live view all the time?

    coming from a compact-user background, i have been over-reliant on live view on the compact LCD. so much so that i feel strange having to go back to basics of looking through the viewfinder of my dslr.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    ha ha.. i realised that after looking at your signature. seriously, do you use live view all the time?

    coming from a compact-user background, i have been over-reliant on live view on the compact LCD. so much so that i feel strange having to go back to basics of looking through the viewfinder of my dslr.
    got live view just use live view..i use viewfinder simply because it helps to save battery power.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    ha ha.. i realised that after looking at your signature. seriously, do you use live view all the time?

    coming from a compact-user background, i have been over-reliant on live view on the compact LCD. so much so that i feel strange having to go back to basics of looking through the viewfinder of my dslr.
    i dont feel strange at all..
    there was once at an event someone ask me to take their photo using a digi cam and
    i took the camera and trying to focus and look using the viewfinder, it was black and nothing can be seen till i realised that it was a digi cam.
    sometimes u have been use to looking at the viewfinder till u forgot the other functions of the other camera which have the live view. vice versa.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by xintothezonex View Post
    i dont feel strange at all..
    there was once at an event someone ask me to take their photo using a digi cam and
    i took the camera and trying to focus and look using the viewfinder, it was black and nothing can be seen till i realised that it was a digi cam.
    sometimes u have been use to looking at the viewfinder till u forgot the other functions of the other camera which have the live view. vice versa.
    I have the same problems with you. Now that I have been using a DSLR for awhile, I just don't like the idea of looking at the LCD to shoot anymore, no stability for me

  15. #35

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by xintothezonex View Post
    so im not really sure how to take continuous shots together with the live view mode.
    to me i think i can only use either one of the functions.
    if to use live view thn cannot use CL or CH function.
    either can use either CL (continuous low), CH (continuous high) or live view mode.

    maybe someone have ever used this 2 functions at the same time..
    can explain?
    thanks..
    it's possible! you'll need to change the settings at the shooting menu > live view > release mode. from there you can select S, CL or CH.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Actually for those of us who started with film slrs, liveview feels very unnatural. As in it feels very unstable to hold the camera away from your face. I lose 1 - 1.5 stops hand holding ability when using liveview.

  17. #37
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Me on the other hand is pretty enjoying the use of live view, especially when i am using a manual focus lens, the live view x10 zoom and focus confirm on the more static subjects ( on a tripod )

    Of course not always applicable in other situations since I still use the trusty viewfinder routinely, it certainly value added me.

    Ryan

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by gladyslsj View Post
    it's possible! you'll need to change the settings at the shooting menu > live view > release mode. from there you can select S, CL or CH.
    hmm.. need to try that out.
    will update once im able to do it!
    thanks..

  19. #39

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    but is the operation lag significant?

    i mean switching between live view and actual depressing the shutter to take a pic?

    what if you need to take sports or fast-moving objects?
    For the sony a350, practically none.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Camera Live View

    Quote Originally Posted by zj2000 View Post
    Actually for those of us who started with film slrs, liveview feels very unnatural. As in it feels very unstable to hold the camera away from your face. I lose 1 - 1.5 stops hand holding ability when using liveview.
    Actually for me, it feels like going back to film. Film with TLRs of course.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •