NJPS SNAP! 2009 in collaboration with Nikon
This year, the National Junior College Photographic Society (NJPS) is rolling out its inaugural photography competition (cum exhibition and seminar) – SNAP! – with the theme “Colours!”.
This event comprises a nationwide photography competition, and a follow-up seminar and exhibition for the competition participants. Through SNAP!, NJPS hopes that Singaporean youths will gain a greater interest in photography as a form of visual art, and take up photography as their hobby. The competition will also provide an excellent opportunity for budding youth photographers to display their creativity and talent in photography, while the exhibition will serve as a platform for winners to showcase their work. The seminar after the competition is aimed at inspiring participants to explore the various genres of photography, and to appreciate the different aspects of it.
SNAP! Photography Competition
· Theme: ‘Colours!’
· Submission deadline: 30 April 2009
· The competition is open to all Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs) aged 13 to 21
· Prizes are as follow:
1st Prize: Nikon D80 (Kit)
2nd Prize: Nikon D60 (Kit)
3rd Prize: Nikon D40 (Kit)
6 Consolation Prizes: Nikon Coolpix S9
20 Honourable Mention Certificates
As for the School Challenge Award (SCA), the winning school will be awarded a trophy.
· Exhibition period: 12 May - 6 June 2009
· Venue: Innovation & Enterprise (I&E) Hub & the passageway linking the Atrium and the I&E Hub, National Junior College
· Date: Saturday, 6 June, 2009
· Time: 1300-1700
· Venue: Ngee Ann Kongsi Performing Arts Theatre, National Junior College
· Topics touched on by renowned instructors and photographers in the seminar would include Flash Photography, Nature Photography, and Techniques on Enhancing Images with Photoshop.
To register for SNAP! seminar and for more information on SNAP!, visit our official website at http://njps-snap2009.org today! Should you have any inquiry, email us at email@example.com.