View Poll Results: Going Newton eat tiger prawns?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Count me in!

14 27.45%
  • Not interested.

37 72.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who want to go Newton eat tiger prawns?

Default Re: Who want to go Newton eat tiger prawns?

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Heard that it cost $236 or something for 6 tiger prawn.
    Those in Newton works out to be ard $60 each
    Quote Originally Posted by swishbrade View Post
    You are one of those artistic types who dont do very well with numbers yah?
    Nope, I'm no artistic type, juz that I dun have a fantastic memory to rmb all the numbers in the article In fact i'm better at numbers than lets say art....

I mistaken the number of prawns to be 6 instead of 8.

And, yea, brain wasn't working too well ystd... 6x$60=$360(its working today!)

I oso mistaken the bill to be $236 instead of $239.

So erm for the benefit of all, those at newton works out to be $29.876
    Last edited by evo-lution; 20th March 2009 at 11:48 AM.

i wondering.......this Newton story became headline news because American people involved.

In my case, I just simply told by police that "Shop owners have the right to sell at any price they want".

But I understand...this is how differently asian and western people got treated in sg.

I hope I can get a justice as in this Newton case also....

Now I know...I should have called NEA, instead of calling Police

For those who missed my thread...

got cheated in Lucky Plaza ! Everyone come in & read !!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJelly View Post
    Just this morning, I was in a hurry to get a keyboard to hav my work done in Orchard cuz i forgot my old one in office. So i had no choice but had to buy one in Lucky plaza.

I went down to this shop at basement 1.

Innovate3 Pte Ltd
    #B1-63, Lucky Plaza
    Tel: 6887 3008
    Fax: 6732 4288

Actually, this was my 2nd purchase at this shop as I hav purchased another keyboard in this shop also.....like 1 month ago.

I paid S$ 40 for a mini-keyboard. Of cuz, i knew much more expensive than other shops in like Funan Mall and SLS. But I had no luxury of time and just decided to buy it in Lucky Plaza.

At the point of sale, the salesguy called "Jas" told me "If cannot work, can come back to shop.....can give u warranty.......life time some more..."

The item was in complete seal. Furthermore, he was saying...warranty & can come back if cannot work....and also I thought keyboards and mouses nowadays seldom got problem one......also, my other first time purchase was no problem.....

So, i just paid, got receipt and rushed back to my work place.

Then the story started......

I found.....the keyboard is not in working condition. Then i went back to the shop with receipt in less than an hour and the salesguy tested on his computer. Also it didnt work.

That is the time when the guy started showing his true character. He was the one who sold me but now he said...."srry who said got warranty.???.......no warranty cant exchange....where got written warranty.....if want exchange, pay another 28 S$..." (Which he was just simply trying to sell me another one, of cuz I do know can get a keyboard at S$14 in other shops like Funan.)

Then i told him....."When u sold me, u said "got warranty....not working...can come back also...". Then he replied......"Who knows I told u.... got warranty..." (which implies no witness, thus, he got rights to cheat.)

I told him..."ok, i will call Police.." then he said..."Call...call lor....go go...go outside my shop and call..."

Then I went up to Lucky Plaza's Security Office to report.....One officer was kind enough to tell me...."they cant help and get involved also....cuz shops are paying rentals...."(which implies shops are his employers...)

Furthermore, He was kind enough to tell me also "ya....here(Lucky Plaza) got a lot cheating shops...." and took out his cheating case record book (which i also saw a lot other cases)....and noted down my case. And he gave me police number to contact.

Then I reported to police, waited at security office and they came down to Lucky Plaza to investigate my case. B4 i brought them to the shop, they honestly explained to me....they cant force the shop to pay me back or exchange.

Then after police hav spoken to the salesguy, they also got told by the salesguy about the option of topping-up 28$ to get an exchange keyboard. I told Mr. Police that top-up to get exchange doesnt make sense cuz the seller can name any price. Then he said..."ya...the seller has the rights to sell any price he want."

Mr. Police was kind enough and told me..."In Singapore, it's like this........no black and white, cant help u......receipt also doesnt help.....cuz we also dont know either u or seller r saying the truth.......(which he referring to warranty or no warranty)....." and finally, issued me a report no. to call CASE.

I asked them how CASE can help me and only got told that CASE also can just talk between me and shop......they can't force also.....the most....they will blacklist the shop...."

-----------------------------End of story (Which I know,no need call CASE already)-----------------------

Now, I'm thinking........

In first place, I didnt call police in the hope of forcing. I was just expecting to get justice..... at least...a refund......

From the sounds of what they said, "cant force" means "no way to help already".....

Hmm...interesting...no offence though......

Like that...how to seek justice.....????

I willingly and knowingly paid double price of what a keyboard is really worth.....but when got faulty one, why the shop doesnt want to exchange even during 1 hr after sale??? That made me really frustrated.......

I vowed myself.....from today onwards, I will get "Blacks & Whites" on every single claim by shopseller in whatever items I buy in future in SINGAPORE, City of World Class Shopping Paradise............

Police are not justices. They can't & will not help in such cases, they are just there to take statements, catch criminals, "jaga" etc. A person is not guilty until proven by law in the court. And if there is a lack of evidences or witnesses, sorry guys. This is not to mention the no of months you have to wait for a hearing. As for CASE, they are just there to act as a mediator & have no power to get you a refund. Anything else & you'll need to get a lawyer.

Anyway, back to the prawns. I was @ East coast lagoon last night & the giant prawns are S$7/100gm so I had the guy weigh it @ 300gm each.

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    Police are not justices. They can't & will not help in such cases, they are just there to take statements, catch criminals, "jaga" etc. A person is not guilty until proven by law in the court. And if there is a lack of evidences or witnesses, sorry guys. This is not to mention the no of months you have to wait for a hearing. As for CASE, they are just there to act as a mediator & have no power to get you a refund. Anything else & you'll need to get a lawyer.

Anyway, back to the prawns. I was @ East coast lagoon last night & the giant prawns are S$7/100gm so I had the guy weigh it @ 300gm each.
    then, like that, how can u explain NEA managed to close the Newton food stall? Americans didnt even go for S'pore Court.
    Last edited by MrJelly; 20th March 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJelly View Post
    then, like that, how can u explain NEA managed to close the Newton food stall? Americans didnt even go for S'pore Court.
    Sounds like NEA probably suspended them for touting or harassing customers. There are notices which say touting is not allowed, it's probably in the licence conditions as well.

NEA even offered to represent them at SCT since these Americans would not be in Singapore when the case comes up for mention. How nice of NEA!

lucky plaza, those selling electronics there... most of the quite shady one..

and i am NOT refering to LORDS.... i bought things from them, and teir service was good.

i mean was those other shops den lords.

go in group, bring the biggest sized lens, biggest body, biggest flash you have, go newton, sit there, plomp camera on table, see who trys to sell you expensive prawns
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    go in group, bring the biggest sized lens, biggest body, biggest flash you have, go newton, sit there, plomp camera on table, see who trys to sell you expensive prawns
    Currently got 10 persons polled they are interested. So, these 10 persons can form a group.

Greyyaoiness
    Guests

it is actually fair. Let me give you the breakdown.
    8 for $239
    1 for aprox. $30
    $8 for 100g
    1 prawn( proven) about 400g
    400 x 8/100= $32
    since that they wereabout they could be around 300+g only and considering that it is very rare to get such big prawns plus on that the rent at Newton is very high( other places charge around $7 per 100g) it is quite fair actually

Heard that it cost $236 or something for 6 tiger prawns. BTW, the stall now ordered to close down oredy
    There must be someting wrong with the stall else they would not be ordered to closed down to reflect?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    There must be someting wrong with the stall else they would not be ordered to closed down to reflect?
    I think NEA charge them based on touting....

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Currently got 10 persons polled they are interested. So, these 10 persons can form a group.
    remember to bring a wide angle lens and take an exaggerated photos of the prawns u guys eat hor.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Nope, I'm no artistic type, juz that I dun have a fantastic memory to rmb all the numbers in the article In fact i'm better at numbers than lets say art....

I mistaken the number of prawns to be 6 instead of 8.

And, yea, brain wasn't working too well ystd... 6x$60=$360(its working today!)

I oso mistaken the bill to be $236 instead of $239.

So erm for the benefit of all, those at newton works out to be $29.876
    Haha just teasing lah.....no offence sorry
    Stop Shopp'in Start Shoot'in
    What's in my Flickr?

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    guys from Cathay Photo???

please loh, NTUC & Giant sell so much cheaper.....

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    Wake up lah, NTUC & Giant don't sell Tiger Prawns. They generally only sell up to medium prawns only.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    they sell cheaper, but who does the cooking?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    they sell cheaper, but who does the cooking?
    My mother.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123