Thread: Suitable lens for Jalan Besar Stadium

Default Suitable lens for Jalan Besar Stadium

Will be heading down to JBS for the AFC Champions League clash. As I will be heading from work, I am unable to carry much gear.

Hence, would like to know if a 28-105mm is adequate for capturing action on the pitch if I am seated at the lower grandstand? Or would it better to bring my 70-200mm. It's my first time at this stadium and I'm unsure of the distance between the seating area and the pitch.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Suitable lens for Jalan Besar Stadium

70-200mm would be a better choice.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Definitely 70-200. You would get better shots with a 300mm.
    Pop your shutter speed above 1/500 which is easy to do at Jalan Besar. Aperture at around f/2.8-f/4 using ISO 1600.

Just have a little play around really
    Good luck.

Thanks fellas.

I'd go with the 70-200mm really. The reach is quite essential.

hi there, any idea where to get the pass to get down beside the field ? or do i need to be a official photographer from some news service ?

coz, i went to watch a soccer match there using a normal ticket entry....during half time, went near the bench..and this one guy from AFC asked me where i was from ? who's camera is this ? and he called security to confiscate my camera...there are few SLRSs on the tribune...so yeah...@_@

Quote Originally Posted by gharrylabs View Post
    hi there, any idea where to get the pass to get down beside the field ? or do i need to be a official photographer from some news service ?

coz, i went to watch a soccer match there using a normal ticket entry....during half time, went near the bench..and this one guy from AFC asked me where i was from ? who's camera is this ? and he called security to confiscate my camera...there are few SLRSs on the tribune...so yeah...@_@
    they really confiscated them? the dslrs?? i was told not to, many arnd my friend and i were quite surprised why we couldnt do so. i was sitting at the gallery seats. you? last friday, i took alot of shots during the sleague game, no one told me that i had to keep my camera.

Quote Originally Posted by benedetto13 View Post
    they really confiscated them? the dslrs?? i was told not to, many arnd my friend and i were quite surprised why we couldnt do so. i was sitting at the gallery seats. you? last friday, i took alot of shots during the sleague game, no one told me that i had to keep my camera.
    i took PSMS Medan vs SAF during AFC Qualification sometimes back. I meant, i saw a lot of people using DSLR from tribune seats...Then until i went near to the players' bench, this guy popped out and asking me that question...So then, as a good gesture (coz, i don't wan them to consficate my cam ), i put on lens cap, and turned off my cam in front of him..And went back to my seat...He went inside calling someone, while i was seating (with my cam turned off...) 2 of them were looking for me and yes, pointing at me and my cam...But, i don't know, i though it was a bad day for me...None of them appeared to consficate (which i think coz i stop shooting)...Behind the ticket usually has terms & conditions...I forgot, one of them is can't do photo/video graphy inside...

That's why....Hahahaha....How to get license to get tho the side arh ?

S-league and AFC are two completely different match organizers. S-league are more lenient for sure. For AFC, it is harder to get a field pass. Just because it is not national but a international league.

Quote Originally Posted by gharrylabs View Post
    iBehind the ticket usually has terms & conditions...I forgot, one of them is can't do photo/video graphy inside...

That's why....Hahahaha....How to get license to get tho the side arh ?
    The ACL tickets do not have this rule. Neither does their Media and Marketing Regulations.

Usually, audience are not allowed on the field, or bench area. Passes are for accredited media personnel.

It is however, extremely unwise for them to attempt to enforce a rule that is not listed on their statutes.

evening match try to take pictures where the stadium lighting is the strongest if your camera lens do not have the range.

but beforehand give the ticket center or organiser a call to check if you are allowed to shoot a dslr from your seat. Some matches can and some matches cannot..
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    evening match try to take pictures where the stadium lighting is the strongest if your camera lens do not have the range.

but beforehand give the ticket center or organiser a call to check if you are allowed to shoot a dslr from your seat. Some matches can and some matches cannot..
    staff on the phone and staff at the site have different ideas.. Sometimes they dont talk to each other...
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunden View Post
    The ACL tickets do not have this rule. Neither does their Media and Marketing Regulations.

Usually, audience are not allowed on the field, or bench area. Passes are for accredited media personnel.

It is however, extremely unwise for them to attempt to enforce a rule that is not listed on their statutes.
    hmmm..i did not go to the bench area i guess, still inside tribune at the lowest seat just behind the bench near the pathway for players to come in and out. in this case, that guy must be

hayah...sian...my fault not to take a closer lok at the ticket. next time i guess...