Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Crossroad

Default Re: Honda Crossroad

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    bro,i'll contact u after i get my dream car...
    No worries roDz. Its no secret formula or anything gimmick to add or to buy. just plain old way to maintain a car carefully, going beyond recommended intervals.

Enjoy the car first as it is in its stock condition.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    bro....now u make me scared of buying cars from PI... better drive my current car till Kah motor bring in crossroad...
    Don't worry. Kah motor will never bring in the cross road. Haha. Ok. Apart from that. It's still safe to buy from a PI. I'm not advertising for them, but sometimes, they bring in models that are nice and interesting. My advice to you is to go to a Popular PI. Famous and safe. For more information, you can do some research. Like go to www.sgcarmart.com Take a look at the second hand cross roads. Make sure your PI has its own service center. Or at least it should be tied up with Comfort Delgro service center.

My bet for you, is that if you really understand the risks and know what you are doing. Go for the PI car. Otherwise, stick with the authorised dealers. When a problem occurs you don't want to be the one getting screwed.

If you are looking for SUVs and such, take a look at the Authorised dealers. Pay a little more, save yourself the headaches.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post

If you may argue, what about authorized dealers, example like direct from Toyota Borneo Motors, don't they keep stock in their ware house?

Wouldn't example Toyota Japan have their cars stocked and sitting in the ware house. Yes, it's true. But these cars sit at the warehouse for a matter of 2-3 days only. Average time for the ship to come back from its destination country. At the main center in Japan. New cars are constantly being shipped out and constant checks are made. Japanese are very quality conscious.

Hope it helps. If you are wondering if my information is credible, well, i've been into cars since the age of 6.

Take care.

GMAN

I'm no car expert here, but i thought borneo motors take their cars from thailand? Camry is made there, Corolla Altis is made there, Vios is made there too....

And Japan ship to SG takes 2-3days? IIRC, it typically takes like 10 days or so for a one way shipment either from Japan to SG or vice versa.....

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Thanks for that insight which is a very valuable lessons for first time car owners. After reading what you said, i think i will go for original agent who distribute cars.
    I'm not black listing Parallel imports friend. Haha...what i'm trying to state is that when buying a car from Parallel Importers, you need to know what you are doing. What stuff you need to look out for. It's alot of hassle and research for you to do before even buying the car. Many buy, because certain models look nice, or are cheaper. But regret when it comes to warranty or servicing. Worst case, when a problem occurs. You are doomed. There have been cases where by PI's exist today, tomorrow, they are gone. Or service centers no longer are there.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    I'm no car expert here, but i thought borneo motors take their cars from thailand? Camry is made there, Corolla Altis is made there, Vios is made there too....

And Japan ship to SG takes 2-3days? IIRC, it typically takes like 10 days or so for a one way shipment either from Japan to SG or vice versa.....
    Bro. I'm just giving a rough estimation, for the rotation of the ships at the harbour. Every 2-3 days the cars leave from the warehouse. Yes you are correct. Toyota cars are made in Thailand for singapore. Doesn't mean that the rest of the world receives cars only from thailand. You still have the mother base at Japan where majority of the cars get shipped from. Besides, the car is assembled in Thailand. Not totally made. Parts need to be sent there as well. From Japan.

GMAN

i am driving a honda airwave, bought from a PI (obviously)... and i have no problem at all.

of cos the risk may be higher buying from a PI, but i think u need to do your homework too, and seek recommendation for the PI..when i say PI, i mean the person, not the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww View Post
    i am driving a honda airwave, bought from a PI (obviously)... and i have no problem at all.

of cos the risk may be higher buying from a PI, but i think u need to do your homework too, and seek recommendation for the PI..when i say PI, i mean the person, not the company.
    my experience is deal with the company and not person lor.

Bro. I'm just giving a rough estimation, for the rotation of the ships at the harbour. Every 2-3 days the cars leave from the warehouse. Yes you are correct. Toyota cars are made in Thailand for singapore. Doesn't mean that the rest of the world receives cars only from thailand. You still have the mother base at Japan where majority of the cars get shipped from. Besides, the car is assembled in Thailand. Not totally made. Parts need to be sent there as well. From Japan.

GMAN
    Then which one is suppose to be like more reliable? Thailand made or Japan made? Heard that thailand made got alot of extras fitted in. And the toyotas by borneo motors, although oso made in thailand but as compared to our counterprats in thailand, we are very much shortchanged in the sense alot of these extras are not fitted in.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    No worries roDz. Its no secret formula or anything gimmick to add or to buy. just plain old way to maintain a car carefully, going beyond recommended intervals.

Enjoy the car first as it is in its stock condition.
    Simple stuff.

Don't have a heavy foot. Drive in a relaxed manner. Go for regular servicing. If you use mineral or synthetic oil, your service timing differs. I prefer synthetic. More expensive though.

Clean your car when ever you can. Maintain the paint by polishing and waxing at least 2 to 3 times a month. For me i wax my car once every 2 weeks. Regularly washed as well.

Keep your tyres balanced and well inflated according to the given specifications. Poorly inflated cars cause a higher fuel consumption.

Try to use 98 petrol. 95 petrol gives slightly lesser mileage due to the octane level. But of course cheaper. Once in a while, try using Shell V-Power, Or Caltex Platinum. You'll love the power from these 2 fuel grades.

These should help you get a fairly nice fuel consumption.

GMAN

Thailand assembled cars may not have QC as good as Japan..

i shant say much, but both are ok lah.

BM has Japan asselbled models like Rav4, crown, camry 2.4, Lexus etc... So, if scared, just get the ones assembled from japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww View Post

I'm sure you knew what you were doing, so you knew where to go and get the right deal. But many don't realise this, and they blindly take the cheapest they can find. Ends them up in a lot of problems.

GMAN

Simple stuff.

Don't have a heavy foot. Drive in a relaxed manner. Go for regular servicing. If you use mineral or synthetic oil, your service timing differs. I prefer synthetic. More expensive though.

Clean your car when ever you can. Maintain the paint by polishing and waxing at least 2 to 3 times a month. For me i wax my car once every 2 weeks. Regularly washed as well.

Keep your tyres balanced and well inflated according to the given specifications. Poorly inflated cars cause a higher fuel consumption.

Try to use 98 petrol. 95 petrol gives slightly lesser mileage due to the octane level. But of course cheaper. Once in a while, try using Shell V-Power, Or Caltex Platinum. You'll love the power from these 2 fuel grades.

These should help you get a fairly nice fuel consumption.

GMAN
    Good stuff. You are right, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Then which one is suppose to be like more reliable? Thailand made or Japan made? Heard that thailand made got alot of extras fitted in. And the toyotas by borneo motors, although oso made in thailand but as compared to our counterprats in thailand, we are very much shortchanged in the sense alot of these extras are not fitted in.
    Ok, by right, they should be equally good. But the Thai made Toyotas from Borneo Motors aren't that good for their Quality. They are decent and average. Like the body lines. I'm refering the the gaps you find on cars, example, the bumper to the main body. The gaps are a little big. But the quality is decent and good. However Honda, despite having it's Accord and City made in Thailand, the QC is exactly the same to a Japanese assembled car. Honda is crazy on their QC. Explains their killing prices. Haha. I'm not bias against Honda.

GMAN

Thailand assembled cars may not have QC as good as Japan..

i shant say much, but both are ok lah.

BM has Japan asselbled models like Rav4, crown, camry 2.4, Lexus etc... So, if scared, just get the ones assembled from japan.
    Camry is made in Thailand too now. Both variants as well. Unless you want the PI camry.

GMAN

Good stuff. You are right, mostly.
    Haha...this is what i do. I don't own a car. I just drive my dads. Haha...I'm 18. No money yet to buy a car. For me i'm aiming on the BMW 3 series, 5 series, or the Audi A4, A6

GMAN
    Last edited by Ninja23XX; 18th March 2009 at 11:07 PM.

Ok, by right, they should be equally good. But the Thai made Toyotas from Borneo Motors aren't that good for their Quality. They are decent and average. Like the body lines. I'm refering the the gaps you find on cars, example, the bumper to the main body. The gaps are a little big. But the quality is decent and good. However Honda, despite having it's Accord and City made in Thailand, the QC is exactly the same to a Japanese assembled car. Honda is crazy on their QC. Explains their killing prices. Haha. I'm not bias against Honda.

GMAN
    OIC... Hmm... Thats pretty interesting! Anyway, i knew of someone who owns a corolla altis, somehow the screw at the back bumper keeps on falling off despite being replaced at BM's workshop for like 5 times over 3 years?? Is that like normal? Feels abit insecure leh, like bumper gonna fall off in the middle of the road anytime....

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    my experience is deal with the company and not person lor.
    True too. But it's your dealer who does most for you. Unless you know the manager of the company.

GMAN

Camry is made in Thailand too now. Both variants as well. Unless you want the PI camry.

GMAN
    ahh, i have not been shopping for cars... But i guess, they are slowly but surely moving out from Japan assembly for their export models.

I wont be surprised that Lexus may come from Thailand in the future.

Yeap. I know about that too. Thats the problem. Somehow, Toyota forgot to bring over their QC to Thailand as well. If your screws rust a little, it's normal, due to wear and tear. Exposure to moisture and such. But the screws should not come out at any instance unless subjected to impact.

GMAN

Haha...this is what i do. I don't own a car. I just drive my dads. Haha...I'm 18. No money yet to buy a car. For me i'm aiming on the BMW 3 series, 5 series, or the Audi A4, A6

GMAN
    Woots nice cars! Haha, i'm aiming for the peugeot207/308, mini cooper s....

But my ultimate aim is mercz ML350/GL450. Simply love this two cars! BTW, there is only 2 register GL450 in SG at the moment....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast