Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bhutan- Trekking trip in Dec 2009

Default Re: Bhutan- Trekking trip in Dec 2009

Hi,

Theng is right regarding whether it should be a photographic trip (meaning main focus is taking photos) versus a trekking trip. The non-photo enthusiasts (whether family members or otherwise) usually has little patience for photo enthusiasts who tend to linger longer to explore & take pictures.

Also I am not sure December is a good time. Cold weather wear would increase the baggage load.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    kenkht - I am interested. Pl pm me more info. Thks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimey View Post
    kenkht........
    Which trek you are going to do in Dec.?
    Whew.. I try not to think about mountains just yet..
    Y'see.... I just came back from Xinjiang, China and went all the way to the Khunjerab pass (Pakistan border) at an elevation of about 5000m and boy, was I SICK! Altitute sickness really SUCKS I've got the whole McCoy of altitute sickness, headaches, nausea, dizziness, you name it I've got it. The worse thing is, my wife's happily playing with snowball while I was flat OUT!

Anyway, the Bhutan plans are not concrete yet. Trek planed were the Jhomolhari trek....

.... oh man... y'see.. talking about mountains and my head starts to ache ...

An update, I won't be needing any companion for this trip to Bhutan after. I was invited by a friend there.

Thanks for all the interest and carry on talking about Bhutan...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123