Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good steakhouse / jap restaurant / eatery for S$30 per pax?

Default Good steakhouse / jap restaurant / eatery for S$30 per pax?

Anyone know good steak or japanese restaurants that go for S$30 or less per person? Dad's bday coming up, and he wants to try a new restaurant - not stuff like swensens, fish&co, jack's place, sakae sushi (ugh).

Any recommendations? I live in Punggol, so somewhere close would be good. We're okay with going anywhere as long as it's not in the west or right smack in town.

Went to hungrygowhere.com already, but i'm not sure which reviews I should trust, cos almost all eateries have food reviews of 2 and 9 out of 10.

Cheers,
    Zexun
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Default Re: Good steakhouse / jap restaurant / eatery for S$30 per pax?

Zexun,

There is this western restaurant along thomson road, next to revenue house. Authentic and reasonably priced. I believed they haven change their menu since.

The Vines Seafood & Steak Restaurant
    Novena Ville #01-07

Must make reservation.

Yes I second The Vines. Food is decent for the price.

i know this is out of the way, have you tried aston prime?

pretty ok. i think.
    http://astonsspecialties.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bleh/
    let the universe surprise you .)

how about minori at UE square? japanese ala carte buffet for $33+ per pax. pretty good food, lots of sashimi, and everything's fresh.
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Aston is good and reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by ngck12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puraime View Post
    i know this is out of the way, have you tried aston prime?

pretty ok. i think.
    http://astonsspecialties.blogspot.com/
    Okay settled. Dad liked the price and review on ieatishootipost. Reserved liao. Going there later at 8.30 haha. Thanks guys!

Cheers,
    Zexun
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

that was a fast decision~!!

Quote Originally Posted by ngck12 View Post
    I heard they spit in ur food.

Heard that from a friend whom used to work there..... This is especially so if u aren't too polite to their staff...

But this is what i heard... True of not, i seriously dunno. But i thought it would be nice to let u know...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlpha View Post
    that was a fast decision~!!
    Yeah it was a last minute kind of thing-- didn't know my dad wanted to celebrate his bday tonight when he's bday's well, tomorrow.

@ spitting in food, I'll try to be nice hahaa.

Have fun at Auston~!

And a happy birthday to your dad in advance of cos~! haha

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlpha View Post
    Have fun at Auston~!

And a happy birthday to your dad in advance of cos~! haha
    Oh man. Best steak I've ever eaten yet. S$33 for the long-fed tenderloin.. waa sehhh.. super shiok!!

Mom ordered King Salmon Steak which she loved, and dad ordered veal which he didn't exactly enjoy that much, so he took a lot of my tenderloin, since I couldn't finish it

Thanks for the awesome recommendation for Aston Prime. I'll definitely go there again!

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    Oh man. Best steak I've ever eaten yet. S$33 for the long-fed tenderloin.. waa sehhh.. super shiok!!

Mom ordered King Salmon Steak which she loved, and dad ordered veal which he didn't exactly enjoy that much, so he took a lot of my tenderloin, since I couldn't finish it

Thanks for the awesome recommendation for Aston Prime. I'll definitely go there again!
    hehe, i'm drooling from description and fancy imagination. haven't been there in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by puraime View Post
    hehe, i'm drooling from description and fancy imagination. haven't been there in awhile.
    Lai lai. Lets tempt you some!

Aston Prime's Long-Fed Tenderloin Steak-- asked for medium well, but they gave me medium-rare-ish, still tastes totally awesome, though.

Family photo:

Cheers!

Lai lai. Lets tempt you some!

Aston Prime's Long-Fed Tenderloin Steak-- asked for medium well, but they gave me medium-rare-ish, still tastes totally awesome, though.

Family photo:

Cheers!
    man those steaks looks so juicy.. ok i must get there to give my love a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    I heard they spit in ur food.

Heard that from a friend whom used to work there..... This is especially so if u aren't too polite to their staff...

But this is what i heard... True of not, i seriously dunno. But i thought it would be nice to let u know...
    this is bad thou... maybe i should send an email for verification...

imagine my next line...

from now on not going to aston anymore cos evo-lution say... ... ...

guess hearsay kinda things quite dangerous for a company... esp in food industries...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Aston food is ok. you get what you pay for. just avoid their lamb which taste horrible. everyone in my table who tried the lamb spat it out (including the maid). maybe its a tongue teaser, but soup kambeng is much better tasting that the lamb chop i ordered.

the steak is nice no doubt. Its interesting they offer good value for money and has a menu spread that fits low budget to normal budget.

also, i notice there is another aston in joo chiat. maybe that one is more high end?? has anyone been to the one at joo chiat? is food same same?

as for the rumour of chef spitting into food, i guess its just a passing remark.

but honestly, the single most important rule about eating in a restaurant (other than being nice and polite yourself) is to be kind and say the right words to the waiter. food sabbotage is not uncommon even in western countries. So if there is any dish you dislike, say it after everyone completed eating (including the dessert). Be smart and request the dish not to be taken away until the end to show as proof. If the complain goes into the kitchen, the chef pride is shaved and ethics is as questionable as what can go on behind the walls. So, be careful and think for the rest, who may be the victim of your outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    also, i notice there is another aston in joo chiat. maybe that one is more high end?? has anyone been to the one at joo chiat? is food same same?
    Aston Prime @ 467 Joo Jiat Road. That's where my family went last night. i haven't gone to other aston's before, so I can't comment.

My waiter was someone my age lol, just finished O level and heading to poly. We had good conversations.

Aston Prime @ 467 Joo Jiat Road. That's where my family went last night. i haven't gone to other aston's before, so I can't comment.

My waiter was someone my age lol, just finished O level and heading to poly. We had good conversations.
    ah, thats good to know. maybe i try that outlet next time. thanks for the feedbacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast