Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast

Thread: Club1000D - TCSS

Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

Quote Originally Posted by toughtrees View Post
    but it stated they will email the password to me upon register? Hmm.. ok i coming next week but will be late for like half an hour. So who should i contact with?
    i just remembered. have you checked your yahoo mail spam folder for the email with the password?

oh my... it really in the spam folder.. hahaha XD thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by De3pster View Post
    anyone knows how much is a lowepro fastpack 250 or 350 is now in shops? need to get one asap and i cant find a second hand one in the buy and sell thread.. anyone wanna sell? need it for my trip.

Bro, MS quote mi $129 for d fastpack 250 ard 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    CLUB 1000D OFFICIAL OUTING - APRIL

WHERE: HORT PARK
    WHEN: 12TH APRIL 2008
    MEET: HARBOURFRONT MRT STATION
    TIME: 1600HRS ( PS: this is to avoid harsh afternoon sunlight. Not good for taking flowers...)
    DURATION: 4 HRS (TILL 2000HRS)
    EQUIPMENT: YOURSELF, CAMERA, TRIPOD (Wanna try night shoot of harbourfront?)

Members
    1. Rocfreaks Aka Md Affan 1000D (92254410)
    2. Just2ofus Aka Lucas 450D (91557023)
    3. Fatah (possible on the 12th)
    4. sleepytiti (97422474)
    5. Kelvin aka Netjackalsg (91070197)
    6. Vin (97681989)[not on the 5th]
    7. RyanG 450D
    8. toughtrees 1000D newbie(will be late for 30min) XD

9. fedodedo aka faizal aka darkside aka nikon-user-join-canon-outing (TBC-91872487)
    10. xinsurf 1000D newbie (TBC)
    11. aozora (TBC)
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. More! More! More!

For those of you who have indicated you are TBC .. can you please confirm as soon as possible and update this thread. Contact number is appreciated as well. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by toughtrees View Post
    but it stated they will email the password to me upon register? Hmm.. ok i coming next week but will be late for like half an hour. So who should i contact with?

Hey bro toughtrees, u can call anyone of those who r comfirm going. Mayb u can also leave down ur no. too for easy contact.

Dear bros & sis,

I ask for you support of sharing this video to as many friends as possible.

I hope this video by Troye Sivan (child actor of Wolverin in latest X-Men) would help to raise awareness about the 100 Million Homeless street children in Asia.
    This video was not produced by me. But I have contributed a small part in providing all the photographs appeared in this video. I got the permission from the producer to share this video.
    Thank you and for the whole video can be viewed here at my YOUTUBE site at :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJxFp...e=channel_page

Regards,
    Thomas Tham
    (my photos can be found here at www.flickr.com/photos/ramdiboy )
    ---------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

Words from Troye himself :

Hi Guys, the purpose of making this project is to raise awareness that there are over 100 MILLION homeless children living on the streets around the world. So please, if you want to help these kids, who can't help themselves anymore, then share this video with your friends and family.
    Troye Sivan

Note :
    Troye Sivan plays the role of the younger Logan in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The Sydney Times has said that the youngster earned the role of playing the young version of the character made famous by Hugh Jackman in the X-Men films thanks, in part, to YouTube videos of him singing.
    ---- After seeing the YouTube videos, Sivan was asked to submit an audition tape which earned him the role. He has achieved some notice for playing the lead in the stage play of Oliver in Australia.
    Last edited by ardaan; 5th April 2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Mio Cade flickr

Yes Tom...did see ur pics in the vid...he does sing well but i feel the vid does not portray the homeless problem very well...should have more video clips on the plight and sufferings of the homeless kids which i believe would create more impact of the vidz...my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by ardaan View Post
    Dear bros & sis,

I ask for you support of sharing this video to as many friends as possible.

I hope this video by Troye Sivan (child actor of Wolverin in latest X-Men) would help to raise awareness about the 100 Million Homeless street children in Asia.
    This video was not produced by me. But I have contributed a small part in providing all the photographs appeared in this video. I got the permission from the producer to share this video.
    Thank you and for the whole video can be viewed here at my YOUTUBE site at :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJxFp...e=channel_page

Regards,
    Thomas Tham
    (my photos can be found here at www.flickr.com/photos/ramdiboy )
    ---------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

Words from Troye himself :

Hi Guys, the purpose of making this project is to raise awareness that there are over 100 MILLION homeless children living on the streets around the world. So please, if you want to help these kids, who can't help themselves anymore, then share this video with your friends and family.
    Troye Sivan

Note :
    Troye Sivan plays the role of the younger Logan in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The Sydney Times has said that the youngster earned the role of playing the young version of the character made famous by Hugh Jackman in the X-Men films thanks, in part, to YouTube videos of him singing.
    ---- After seeing the YouTube videos, Sivan was asked to submit an audition tape which earned him the role. He has achieved some notice for playing the lead in the stage play of Oliver in Australia.

Wow, what a great job n video. Ok, I just put d link in my facebook hope dat all of my frds can see it... Cheers
    Last edited by sleepytiti; 5th April 2009 at 11:26 PM.

At the time of production, I do not think the producer was aware that I have many video clips that he might have used. But I am still impressed by the boy's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by dev2k8 View Post
    Yes Tom...did see ur pics in the vid...he does sing well but i feel the vid does not portray the homeless problem very well...should have more video clips on the plight and sufferings of the homeless kids which i believe would create more impact of the vidz...my 2 cents...
    Mio Cade flickr

Thanks bro. Lets spread the word..and all my video clips can be found here at http://www.youtube.com/user/jktham

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytiti View Post
    Wow, what a great job n video. Ok, I just put d link in my facebook hope dat all of my frds can see it... Cheers
    Mio Cade flickr

At the time of production, I do not think the producer was aware that I have many video clips that he might have used. But I am still impressed by the boy's voice.
    Oh even my daughter rushed over to hear him sing while i was watching the vidz...but cheers on ur part Bro for all the time and effort you have put in for the children...may god bless you!!!

TIME: 1600HRS ( PS: this is to avoid harsh afternoon sunlight. Not good for taking flowers...)

Members
    4. sleepytiti (97422474)
    7. RyanG 450D (Contact info. received)

9. fedodedo aka faizal aka darkside aka nikon-user-join-canon-outing (TBC-91872487)
    11. aozora (TBC)
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. More! More! More!

For those of you who have indicated you are TBC .. can you please confirm as soon as possible and update this thread. Contact number is appreciated as well. Thanks.

wow bro ardaan.

cool video..hmm, do u do like ..how to say ah, sumting like red cross like that ah...help those homeless kids, give medical atenttion..that kind of charity work., coz i saw ur flickr..looks like u always go to a rescue mission, is it a voluntary work..if it is..maybe u can organize one for us here hehe..maybe some of here would like to help. I like to try also, i remember i went to pulau samosir at medan indonesia.. i was in the ferry, so when my ferry are at the dock.. i see all the young kids jump to the sea and swim near to our ferry and beg for money. And when i saw some tourist throw the money to them, i feel sad la bro, looks like they treating them like dog.but in other way i understand they trying to help.. but really sympathy them..

K guys guys.
    anyway long time no post..due to busy shifting of my flat.now i good to go. Any SSS,,,just update here. heehe
    Last edited by Fatah; 6th April 2009 at 05:13 PM.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

Hi bro Fatah,

My photographs are to promote the awareness of street children/ child laborers in Indonesia and Philippines. I have founded a shelter home in South Sulawesi and already 4 years.

What keep me taking photos are the mission to help these children. without them I would not continue taking photograph or video.

My level of help is quite deep into their lives...are you willing . You will face prosecution, trial, against mafia and even authority. Need sacrifice brother... I have been through all these but I have not shared with anyone how hurt and injustice it could be..

Rgds,
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    wow bro ardaan.

cool video..hmm, do u do like ..how to say ah, sumting like red cross like that ah...help those homeless kids, give medical atenttion..that kind of charity work., coz i saw ur flickr..looks like u always go to a rescue mission, is it a voluntary work..if it is..maybe u can organize one for us here hehe..maybe some of here would like to help. I like to try also, i remember i went to pulau samosir at medan indonesia.. i was in the ferry, so when my ferry are at the dock.. i see all the young kids jump to the see and swim near to our ferry and beg for money. And when i saw some tourist throw the money to them, i feel sad la bro, looks like they treating them like dog.but in other way i understand they trying to help.. but really sympathy them..

K guys guys.
    anyway long time no post..due to busy shifting of my flat.now i good to go. Any SSS,,,just update here. heehe
    Mio Cade flickr

Bro Ardaan,
    u really do a good deed to them all..
    like ur style, ways to keep u contented to photography is to help those poor kids..beside photography u also give ur time to help them..Long live bro ardaan..may god bless u.
    good job bro..u really got mission ah. If me.. i dont think i capable to do this all time..
    like my father always say, if u think u are in difficult situations now, there are people that are in more difficult situations right now den u..

Really la bro, i think u see more then meet the eyes. (alamak like transformers like that). hehe, k bro al the best. when u say against mafia..erghh. scary ah, lucky i live in singapore. no such thing as mafia..

Hi bro Fatah,

My photographs are to promote the awareness of street children/ child laborers in Indonesia and Philippines. I have founded a shelter home in South Sulawesi and already 4 years.

What keep me taking photos are the mission to help these children. without them I would not continue taking photograph or video.

My level of help is quite deep into their lives...are you willing . You will face prosecution, trial, against mafia and even authority. Need sacrifice brother... I have been through all these but I have not shared with anyone how hurt and injustice it could be..

Rgds,
    Thomas
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post

Members
    4. sleepytiti (97422474)
    7. RyanG 450D

11. aozora (TBC)
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. More! More! More!

bros, i was thinking. since the tenth is a good friday, why not we do it on saturday?

At least we can rest on sundays?

Just a suggestion

Haha..Singapore no mafia and no gang lah...only trouble youth. In indo its like syndicate lor... I againt one foreign group and kerna threaten few times...they wanted to kill some children and me...but I got people power (when the poor united)... kerna throw into darkest cell for 21 days for nothing ... but at the end the righteous win. Sound scary right.. I seldom tell people all these unpleasant thing.. if want to hear I will tell story...haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Bro Ardaan,
    u really do a good deed to them all..
    like ur style, ways to keep u contented to photography is to help those poor kids..beside photography u also give ur time to help them..Long live bro ardaan..may god bless u.
    good job bro..u really got mission ah. If me.. i dont think i capable to do this all time..
    like my father always say, if u think u are in difficult situations now, there are people that are in more difficult situations right now den u..

Really la bro, i think u see more then meet the eyes. (alamak like transformers like that). hehe, k bro al the best. when u say against mafia..erghh. scary ah, lucky i live in singapore. no such thing as mafia..
    Last edited by ardaan; 6th April 2009 at 09:21 PM.
    Mio Cade flickr

Haha..Singapore no mafia and no gang lah...only trouble youth. In indo its like syndicate lor... I againt one foreign group and kerna threaten few times...they wanted to kill some children and me...but I got people power (when the poor united)... kerna throw into darkest cell for 21 days for nothing ... but at the end the righteous win. Sound scary right.. I seldom tell people all these unplesant thing.. if want to here I will tell story...haha

Wow... Sound interesting!!! Share some of ur stories leh.... Dun noe how I will react if it happen 2 mi, think I wet my pants liao. Hahaha...
    Last edited by sleepytiti; 6th April 2009 at 09:17 PM.

I am mostly doing advocacy work to represent the voices of the children.
    To get their trust, you have to go very low to their level. I sit in the street pavement and mingled with them just to build rapport. I have sufficient trust from them that they started to look for me when they have problem... in social work we call that a life-line or first point of contact.

I remember in one incident how a 13 year old boy hide behind me when his 'master' forcefully brought him back to his home for sexual abuse. I shouted at that guy but he has many kaki..so I have to unite a group of senior street singers to confront him..sounded scary ya... but we won.

And another incident, the same boy with another of his younger friend were kidnapped by a group of gangster and brought to a forest stripped naked and tied to trees and whacked... I have to search high low for them with help of villagers.... luckily we found them..

many many stories lah bro.

I myself kerna threatened so many times..num liao... they even used the corrupted police to detain me...and asked for money... but I never give in and ended up I sue them back... But thanks to the children and their parents who gathered thousand people to strike for my release. But no fun in isolation cell for 21 days. Almost committed suicide

This happened in 2005.... then now we are so much stronger...no body dare to bully us liao.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytiti View Post
    Wow... Sound interesting!!! Share some of ur stories leh.... Dun noe how I will react if it happen 2 mi, think I wet my pants liao. Hahaha...
    Mio Cade flickr

wah.. u are so brave.. i also wish to help those kids.. But in india is worst, some children's hands or legs was chop off by their parent. So that they can beg in the street.

hmm i also think of sat.. *thumb up* bcos sun i will be late. lol