Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263146 ... LastLast

Thread: Club1000D - TCSS

Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

Quote Originally Posted by dev2k8 View Post
    Oh thks! i thought it was ok though a far cry from the seasoned landscapes experts pics but critics were very harsh and unfriendly....
    I saw the comments on your sunset shots. Dun take it too hard, bro.

But IMHO, the vignetting is a tad too much on that take of yours. Toned it down a bit.

But there's a catch if you want the vignetting to add emotion to your picture. Take a look at my take of Bedok Reservior Sunset. It's not perfect I must say but I captured other elements in as well.

Btw, there's different exposure time for the sky and water on my take.
    Last edited by RyanG; 5th April 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post

But IMHO, the vignetting is a tad too much on that take of yours. Toned it down a bit.

But there's a catch if you want the vignetting to add emotion to your picture. Take a look at my take of Bedok Reservior Sunset. It's not perfect I must say but I captured other elements in as well.

Ryan, wat u mean by diff exposure time for sky & water ... in this single shot? is this AE lock?
    cakka/Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie View Post
    Ryan, wat u mean by diff exposure time for sky & water ... in this single shot? is this AE lock?
    Nope. It's not AE lock and technically it's single shot. I took 5 different shots on Single Shot mode and digitally blend it - it's DRI (Dynamic Range Increase) and not HDR.

Different exposure meaning sky is exposed longer and water is exposed shorter. One technique to do this is to use a black material to cover the lens. No card, never mind, do it digitally in Photoshop.

Nope. It's not AE lock and technically it's single shot. I took 5 different shots on Single Shot mode and digitally blend it - it's DRI (Dynamic Range Increase) and not HDR.

Different exposure meaning sky is exposed longer and water is exposed shorter. One technique to do this is to use a black material to cover the lens. No card, never mind, do it digitally in Photoshop.
    Thanks Bro, Learn (or shall i say heard) something new 2day. Need to google this. thanks again.
    cakka/Flickr

Thanks Bro, Learn (or shall i say heard) something new 2day. Need to google this. thanks again.
    No problem. I learn it from one of my flickr contact.

Have not reach his top notch standard yet.

I thought so the vignetting was a bit overdone too...but just that the words use "egg yolk" and despite me stating that it's my first sunrise shot and not like urs with different technique...mine is very straight forward...and more so from a moderator...it will be very demoralising for a newbie posting his first shot...you know what i mean. We criticize but in a controlled manner...the way he did it was a straight shot to the stomach...

Look at all my pics...all naturally shot...no complicated PP done though i know PP has become part of photography. Not that i'm weak in IT...and in my own opinion, one man's meat is another man's poison...like urs look serene and calm and very pleasing to the eye but it doesn't despict the sunrise...my idea of sunrise is very glorious...no offence...just stating my mind
    Last edited by dev2k8; 5th April 2009 at 08:21 PM.

I thought so the vignetting was a bit overdone too...but just that the words use "egg yolk" and despite me stating that it's my first sunrise shot and not like urs with different technique...mine is very straight forward...and more so from a moderator...it will be very demoralising for a newbie posting his first shot...you know what i mean. We criticize but in a controlled manner...the way he did it was a straight shot to the stomach...

Look at all my pics...all naturally shot...no complicated PP done though i know PP has become part of photography. Not that i'm weak in IT...and in my own opinion, one man's meat is another man's poison...like urs look serene and calm and very pleasing to the eye but it doesn't despict the sunrise...my idea of sunrise is very glorious...no offence...just stating my mind
    Bro, as Ryan said dont take it too hard. One reason I never venture out of 1000D/450D. Dont even bother to read other threads. Not that I want to be in comfort zone, just dont learn anything positive la.
    We've been there done that (at this age he he). I think we the uncles of this thread.
    cakka/Flickr

Bro, as Ryan said dont take it too hard. One reason I never venture out of 1000D/450D. Dont even bother to read other threads. Not that I want to be in comfort zone, just dont learn anything positive la.
    We've been there done that (at this age he he). I think we the uncles of this thread.
    hahaha uncles...i like that...no lah where got time for these ppl...i noticed sometimes they come in a bunch...either slamming together or praising each other...so you better now Bro? Charge ur batt and you should be SSS like hell soon !!!

No worries. Everyone has their own takes.

No one is perfect. I stick by a motto by one of my favorite landscape photographer - There's no rules for good photographs, there's only good photographs.

No one is perfect. I stick by a motto by one of my favorite landscape photographer - There's no rules for good photographs, there's only good photographs.
    This i agree 100%....might even say: there's no rules for good photographs...good photographs creates the rules...

waaah ... i really like this one.
    cakka/Flickr

hello.. anyone join noo shooters club? Register but until now haven recieved my password sia. I wanna join the outing next sun...

anyone knows how much is a lowepro fastpack 250 or 350 is now in shops? need to get one asap and i cant find a second hand one in the buy and sell thread.. anyone wanna sell? need it for my trip.

Quote Originally Posted by toughtrees View Post
    hello.. anyone join noo shooters club? Register but until now haven recieved my password sia. I wanna join the outing next sun...
    Can you elaborate further on what you mean by have not received password?

Btw .. if you wanna come for the outing you can just add your name to the list on this thread.

If you mean the blog at http://club1000d.netjackal.net .. your login password is what you specified during registration. If you are referring to the password protected entry for the outing .. the password to read that entry is "rebelxs" .. feel free to add a comment to that thread to indicate you want to come but at this moment .. not enough people are using it that way for it to be official. Indicate your intention here on this thread for it to be official .. at least for now.
    Last edited by netjackalsg; 5th April 2009 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by De3pster View Post
    anyone knows how much is a lowepro fastpack 250 or 350 is now in shops? need to get one asap and i cant find a second hand one in the buy and sell thread.. anyone wanna sell? need it for my trip.
    Sigh was trying to sell mine for 2 wks and just found a buyer last wk...sold mine for 80 lah...but must remind you that 350 is quite huge...like i will bang into ppl while in mrt hehehe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by De3pster View Post
    Not much price difference. Check the pricelist thread.

You may want to ring OP instead of CP or MS. OP confirm have stocks and you can try bargaining a bit.

I wanted the Computrekker AW but the usual guy not working and the gal dun want to give me discount. So I left without buying.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytiti View Post
    CLUB 1000D OFFICIAL OUTING

WHERE: HORT PARK
    WHEN: 12TH APRIL 2008
    MEET: HARBOURFRONT MRT STATION
    TIME: 1600HRS ( PS: this is to avoid harsh afternoon sunlight. Not good for taking flowers...)
    DURATION: 4 HRS (TILL 2000HRS)
    EQUIPMENT: YOURSELF, CAMERA, TRIPOD (Wanna try night shoot of harbourfront?)

Members

1. Rocfreaks Aka Md Affan 1000D (92254410)
    2. Just2ofus Aka Lucas 450D (91557023)
    3. Fatah (possible on the 12th)
    4. sleepytiti (97422474)
    5. Kelvin aka Netjackalsg (91070197)
    6. Vin (97681989)[not on the 5th]

7. fedodedo aka faizal aka darkside aka nikon-user-join-canon-outing (TBC-91872487)
    8. xinsurf 1000D newbie (TBC)
    9. RyanG 450D (TBC)
    10. aozora (TBC)

16. More! More! More!

Update!!!
    I'm confirmed for this SSS Outing!

but it stated they will email the password to me upon register? Hmm.. ok i coming next week but will be late for like half an hour. So who should i contact with?

Originally Posted by sleepytiti
    CLUB 1000D OFFICIAL OUTING

TIME: 1600HRS ( PS: this is to avoid harsh afternoon sunlight. Not good for taking flowers...)

Members

4. sleepytiti (97422474)
    7. fedodedo aka faizal aka darkside aka nikon-user-join-canon-outing (TBC-91872487)
    8. xinsurf 1000D newbie (TBC)
    9. RyanG 450D (TBC)
    10. aozora (TBC)
    11. toughtrees 1000D newbie(will be late for 30min) XD
    16. More! More! More!

Update!!!

I'm confirmed for this SSS Outing!

CLUB 1000D OFFICIAL OUTING - APRIL

Members
    4. sleepytiti (97422474)
    7. RyanG 450D
    8. toughtrees 1000D newbie(will be late for 30min) XD

9. fedodedo aka faizal aka darkside aka nikon-user-join-canon-outing (TBC-91872487)
    10. xinsurf 1000D newbie (TBC)
    11. aozora (TBC)
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. More! More! More!

For those of you who have indicated you are TBC .. can you please confirm as soon as possible and update this thread. Contact number is appreciated as well. Thanks.
    Last edited by netjackalsg; 5th April 2009 at 10:34 PM.