Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Club1000D - TCSS

Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

Quote Originally Posted by Maman View Post
    Hi guys, need to check out a few things here with regards of assessories.

1) Battery grip, does it really help us in handling the camera that much for us to have 1?
    2) Hood, same question as above? Some say there's no effect whether we use it or not but some say it's a must.
    3) RS4 strap, any experince using 1?

Thanks in advance...;-)

Hi bro,

For me its a must for batt grip, makes my camera looks gd..dont believe u try,,look like
    1D.hehe, and also it helps on your vertical handling like u doing potrait. all batt grip..have a shutter press so u can press ur shutter either at ur camera body or the batt grip. very convenient and useful. U can get the 3rd party like phottix. Quite cheap. half the price of the original BG-E5. But, there is pro and cons k.

Hood, i no idea leh..by right it helps during heavy light. by left, hehe.. i think good to have. For my case, i and chakka bought a collapsable hood(HOYA Brand) for our 50mm prime lens.
    The main reason i get it..because or the red lining..make my 50mm looks like "L" lense..hahaha.

Hmm, Black rapid ah..RS4 is a new model..i believe i never saw any of us in the club using it..but i do read alot of review abt it. think its good. I ever saw it at cathay photo. cost more ard 80. Hmm..not too sure abt rs4 usage till they are so expensive. For my case i like a comfy neckstrap..and i have a "industry disgrace by crumpler"..very comfy. and also..chakka have the Optech..cost more than my crumpler ..but cheap then black rapid..also very comfy.
    But if u thinkin of getting the RS$..just get it..hehehe..should be better.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

Quote Originally Posted by haslansalam View Post
    Bro ..nearly end of the week leh..hehe. want to end already..nvm prepare the next theme k..
    hahaha

Hi guys, need to check out a few things here with regards of assessories.

1) Battery grip, does it really help us in handling the camera that much for us to have 1?
    2) Hood, same question as above? Some say there's no effect whether we use it or not but some say it's a must.
    3) RS4 strap, any experince using 1?

Thanks in advance...;-)
    To ans your questions:

1) It really helps in giving a more solid feel to your camera, and as a result a better grip and more stability. Thus, hopefully better images.
    2) The hood is good for eliminating flare, and also protecting the lens' front element. But not necessary though.
    3) Sorry, nope.
    Expert Juggling Comes From Experience. Experience Comes From Bad Juggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Hi bro,

For me its a must for batt grip, makes my camera looks gd..dont believe u try,,look like
    1D.hehe, and also it helps on your vertical handling like u doing potrait. all batt grip..have a shutter press so u can press ur shutter either at ur camera body or the batt grip. very convenient and useful. U can get the 3rd party like phottix. Quite cheap. half the price of the original BG-E5. But, there is pro and cons k.

Hood, i no idea leh..by right it helps during heavy light. by left, hehe.. i think good to have. For my case, i and chakka bought a collapsable hood(HOYA Brand) for our 50mm prime lens.
    The main reason i get it..because or the red lining..make my 50mm looks like "L" lense..hahaha.

Hmm, Black rapid ah..RS4 is a new model..i believe i never saw any of us in the club using it..but i do read alot of review abt it. think its good. I ever saw it at cathay photo. cost more ard 80. Hmm..not too sure abt rs4 usage till they are so expensive. For my case i like a comfy neckstrap..and i have a "industry disgrace by crumpler"..very comfy. and also..chakka have the Optech..cost more than my crumpler ..but cheap then black rapid..also very comfy.
    But if u thinkin of getting the RS$..just get it..hehehe..should be better.
    Thanks bro.. really help me decide to get those items. So got lobang tak where to get the hood? And how much does 1 cost? 1 more thing need is wen you abt prime lens... Does it mean that it's the lens we often use? If so wat's the best prime lens u recommend? I'm using the 1 that comes with the camera wen I bought it. 18mm~50mm i think.

Thanks again.

Thanks bro.. really help me decide to get those items. So got lobang tak where to get the hood? And how much does 1 cost? 1 more thing need is wen you abt prime lens... Does it mean that it's the lens we often use? If so wat's the best prime lens u recommend? I'm using the 1 that comes with the camera wen I bought it. 18mm~50mm i think.

Thanks again.
    You can get the 50mm f1.8 prime lens..power rangerrr.. cheap...ms color selling at 110 wen i bought it last 2 mth. This lens take good portrait shot..do good bokeh...

You can get the 50mm f1.8 prime lens..power rangerrr.. cheap...ms color selling at 110 wen i bought it last 2 mth. This lens take good portrait shot..do good bokeh...
    Thanks again for the tip bro. Will definately getting this items soonest.

Thanks again.
    The EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS is your kit lens. Its a normal zoom lens and a standard kit lens for most AP-C 1.6x cropped sensor.

Prime lenses are lenses that have single focal length and constant, eg 50mm F1.8. You can only 'zoom with your feet'. Prime lenses deliver better images in terms IQ and sharpness, due to the simpler lens architecture. Zoom lenses contain more elements to counter the effects of zooming in/out, ie CA, distortion etc.

For a start, you can consider getting the 50mm F1.8 as your 1st prime lens. Most of us in Club 1000D have it. Its pretty sharp at wide open and produces images with good contrast and reasonable bokeh. And its the most affordable, or rather, the only prime lens within the $100-$150 range. You can update yourself on the Canon lens prices here.

For hoods, you can consider 3rd party ones on sale in the Mass Sale section. However, avoid buying petal hoods for your kit lens as the front element rotates during focusing thus, defeating the purpose of the petal hood.

Hope this helps.
    Expert Juggling Comes From Experience. Experience Comes From Bad Juggling.

now the price is around 130 for 50mm f1.8.
    i was thinking of getting it. but for now, i will go for tamron 17-55mm f2.8 to replace my kit lens (18-55).

Quote Originally Posted by aozora View Post
    i was thinking of getting it. but for now, i will go for tamron 17-55mm f2.8 to replace my kit lens (18-55).
    guys.. who want 50mm.. went to a shop called bally photo at funan with lucas to get his lens.. was on sale at 122.. that is the cheapest we found ard the whole city hall area.. btw.. just for the fun of it.. go to worldwide camera. (opp funan.if you see watsons.. its opp.. abt 1 min walk from cathay photo..) the feller tried to rip lucas and i off..

me: hi.. do you have the canon 50mm?

feller: erm.. now dont have.. but even if you want.. ard 250 plus..

me: huh? so expensive?

feller: this kind of lens not cheap..

me: (walks away) lucas... that f**ker trying to rip us off.. out of the 5 shops we went.. this feller jack it up like hell.. lol..

now after reading this, all nothing to do.. act mat bodoh and purposely go this shop... then before leaving.. laugh at him.. hahha... shd have ask how much he sell 1000D

Quote Originally Posted by De3pster View Post
    guys.. who want 50mm.. went to a shop called bally photo at funan with lucas to get his lens.. was on sale at 122.. that is the cheapest we found ard the whole city hall area.. btw.. just for the fun of it.. go to worldwide camera. (opp funan.if you see watsons.. its opp.. abt 1 min walk from cathay photo..) the feller tried to rip lucas and i off..

me: hi.. do you have the canon 50mm?

feller: erm.. now dont have.. but even if you want.. ard 250 plus..

me: huh? so expensive?

feller: this kind of lens not cheap..

me: (walks away) lucas... that f**ker trying to rip us off.. out of the 5 shops we went.. this feller jack it up like hell.. lol..

now after reading this, all nothing to do.. act mat bodoh and purposely go this shop... then before leaving.. laugh at him.. hahha... shd have ask how much he sell 1000D
    you and lucas should have ask more qns mah :P
    ask him that you sell him your 50mm
    for 200 want anot ?
    cheaper abit also can xD ~
    Last edited by axis90x; 27th March 2009 at 07:56 AM.
    Moments

one advice. dont sell your kit lens away. save it for the future. you nv know u would want to upgrade and sell off your camera, at least when you sell off your camera body and kit lens would be of some value.
    From The Darkside
    akimbo-style Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by axis90x View Post
    you and lucus should have ask more qns mah :P
    ask him that you sell him your 50mm
    for 200 want anot ?
    cheaper abit also can xD ~
    can't believe you can spell my name wrongly despite it being seen a couple of times on the forum.

you CAN read right?
    When is the last time you tried something for the first time?
    http://flickr.com/photos/just2of-us/

Quote Originally Posted by fedodedo View Post
    one advice. dont sell your kit lens away. save it for the future. you nv know u would want to upgrade and sell off your camera, at least when you sell off your camera body and kit lens would be of some value.
    thanks bro. i won't sell it unless i really really need $$$.
    i'm getting Stealth Reporter D200 AW soon. as u know, my bag is very small and cute(bro ardaan said that).

i'm getting Stealth Reporter D200 AW soon. as u know, my bag is very small and cute(bro ardaan said that).
    Bro i've got a new bag as well. Lowepro slingshot 200 aw. Finally..

Quote Originally Posted by just2ofus View Post
    Bro i've got a new bag as well. Lowepro slingshot 200 aw. Finally..
    great. where did u buy it? CP is selling at $102, i think.

great. where did u buy it? CP is selling at $102, i think.
    I got it 2nd on the forum for 70..

Compare it with D300 AW.

I initially wanted the D200 but after comparison with the D300. Decided to go for D300. Price is only $10 difference and you get more space.

The heaviest load I put into my D300 so far:

450D + 18-55 + 55-250 + 70-200 f/2.8 + 50 + 430 EXII + filters + black card + lenspen + blower + pouch full of accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by just2ofus View Post
    can't believe you can spell my name wrongly despite it being seen a couple of times on the forum.

you CAN read right?
    sorry ):
    typo :x ~
    Moments

i got a new backpack as well ahhah

fastpack 200
    size is just nice for me ~
    Moments

just bought a radio trigger for my vivitar..hehehe.. but china brand la.
    Called Jianisin..like those maggi mee brand ah..heheh

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast