Page 1 of 49 12361126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 961

Thread: Club1000D - TCSS

  1. #1

    Default Club1000D - TCSS

    Hey guys .. I created this thread as the moderators killed our regular one for TCSS-ing too much. I guess we can put our non-equipment related discussions here.

    I wish the moderators gave a little more warning about closing down threads for irrelevancy as I am pretty sure we would have taken heed as we did internally when we all agreed to keep the monthly theme and photo thread free of chatter.

    Oh well ... here we are .. anyone knows how to get the thread MOVED to here can let me know?

    Kopitiam thread - Anything under the sun.http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4890767

    Photo Submissions
    1000D Monthly Theme Photo C&C Gallery - New theme every month. Submit pictures there. C&C and image submissions only. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488007
    1000D Photo Gallery (Part 2) - Picture submissions in general. C&C welcomed. Keep non-C&C to minimal. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488895
    1000D Photo Gallery (Part 1) - Old Photo submissions thread. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455966

    General Discussion
    thread IV - General photography related discussion. Questions and comments about equipment, technique and news welcomed. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488888
    thread III - General photography related discussion. Questions and comments about equipment, technique and news welcomed. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485689
    thread II - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481494
    thread I - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452301
    Last edited by netjackalsg; 16th March 2009 at 11:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Hi bro kelvin..

    Lucky u ard..hehe/. what u say is true. Atleast, the moderator could alert us with a warning that we have go over board. But... so what can we say more..hehe. The thread is already closed.

    K dear fellow 1000D user and associatess,
    Please take note, any general discussion that are not related to Camera. Please update here, as our bro kevin aka Netjackal has set up a new "kopitiam" thread specially for us.

    cheers..

    PEACE NO WAR..
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  3. #3
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Hi guys..

    Do we ever or any of us here start a flaming war..regarding commenting on our 1000D photo gallery and saying that PnS is better, hmm i dont exactly recall any of our member start a flaming war here, right??..

    All this while our thread are so peace and happening..since mostly of us noob..so kiasu, everything want to learn, and best thing is we always share opinions. We take our C&C as a stepping stone for us to excel on our interest in photography.

    anyway, its human nature..so enthusiastic..but people like us are at learning stage sometimes tends to forget the rules and regulations..and rules are meant to be broken. hehe.

    K i talk enough..
    please check this link..http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=1000D

    I believe some people might have misunderstood when reading our thread..

    anyway cheers,,auntyyyyyy 1 milo peng pleaseeeee!!
    Last edited by Fatah; 16th March 2009 at 11:10 AM.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Hi guys..

    Do we ever or any of us here start a flaming war..regarding commenting on our 1000D photo gallery and saying that PnS is better, hmm i dont exactly recall any of our member start a flaming war here, right??..

    All this while our thread are so peace and happening..since mostly of us noob..so kiasu, everything want to learn, and best thing is we always share opinions. We take our C&C as a stepping stone for us to excel on our interest in photography.

    anyway, its human nature..so enthusiastic..but people like us are at learning stage sometimes tends to forget the rules and regulations..and rules are meant to be broken. hehe.

    K i talk enough..
    please check this link..http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=1000D

    I believe some people might have misunderstood when reading our thread..

    anyway cheers,,auntyyyyyy 1 milo peng pleaseeeee!!
    Firstly, we all have been reading our threads religiously and I must agree that I don't ever remember anyone commenting that a PnS could do better. Although I suspect the TS might have taken things out of context. Also, since the zoo outing, we have been a little more willing to be critical of photos. Before that we were less willing to give negative comments. But we discussed about it and the frame of mind for the regulars are that we need to be able to hear both the positive and negative comments. Maybe a newcomer (to the thread .. not to photography neceessarily) might feel that we are harsh there because he sees all the comments without the "Good Jobs" etc.

    As a group I have noticed we have moved away from the beginning when everyone kenna the BBB virus and all we talked about was gear. Recently we have been trending towards HOW to take the shot instead of WHAT to take the shot with.

    But one thing I would like to add .. and that was a concern of mine after following the 450D discussion thread before. We need to be sure we KEEP the thread/club/group open to newcomers. it is inevitable that there would inside jokes (eg Cakka's hairdo, William's ability to influence the MRT etc) but it is important not to let those take over the entire thread as that tends to throw newcomers off .. since they may not understand the comment. Understand I am not advocating we stop those ... just make an effort to keep it so that we are not spending 3 pages just on that.

  5. #5
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    Firstly, we all have been reading our threads religiously and I must agree that I don't ever remember anyone commenting that a PnS could do better. Although I suspect the TS might have taken things out of context. Also, since the zoo outing, we have been a little more willing to be critical of photos. Before that we were less willing to give negative comments. But we discussed about it and the frame of mind for the regulars are that we need to be able to hear both the positive and negative comments. Maybe a newcomer (to the thread .. not to photography neceessarily) might feel that we are harsh there because he sees all the comments without the "Good Jobs" etc.

    As a group I have noticed we have moved away from the beginning when everyone kenna the BBB virus and all we talked about was gear. Recently we have been trending towards HOW to take the shot instead of WHAT to take the shot with.

    But one thing I would like to add .. and that was a concern of mine after following the 450D discussion thread before. We need to be sure we KEEP the thread/club/group open to newcomers. it is inevitable that there would inside jokes (eg Cakka's hairdo, William's ability to influence the MRT etc) but it is important not to let those take over the entire thread as that tends to throw newcomers off .. since they may not understand the comment. Understand I am not advocating we stop those ... just make an effort to keep it so that we are not spending 3 pages just on that.

    Netjackaalll....
    100% agree with you.. we must be open to new comers..so guys we need to reduce commenting, among each others. So the newcomers will not feel akward when they decided to post any question on our threads. \


    power rangerrrr
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  6. #6
    Member just2ofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    155

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quite true on the newcomer thingy but i guess if the newcomers themselves HAVE to be open too. I'm a newcomer myself and got to know deepster ardaan rocfreak pretty fast.

    So SPEAK UP newcomers!!
    When is the last time you tried something for the first time?
    http://flickr.com/photos/just2of-us/

  7. #7

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    hi all,

    i'm new to this forum/club 1000.

    i've read there's a club Tee??

    and yes, i've just gotten a 1000 for myself few months back. still learning the basics. was more of a PnS person until i've decided to upgrade and come over to the SLR side.

    hope all the sifus don't mind my asking in the future.

    thanks!
    brian

  8. #8
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianBrian View Post
    hi all,

    i'm new to this forum/club 1000.

    i've read there's a club Tee??

    and yes, i've just gotten a 1000 for myself few months back. still learning the basics. was more of a PnS person until i've decided to upgrade and come over to the SLR side.

    hope all the sifus don't mind my asking in the future.

    thanks!
    brian
    Welcome to the club bro, if u have any equipment related question, you can post ur question at Canon Thread under 1000D General Discussion. k...

    Hehe..actually we have misuse the authority there. thats y this thread at kopitiam are started.

    Regarding of the tees.. yah we planning on merchandising 1000D club tees..for our club members..but thats all are still under planning.

    K have fun with ur gear..
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Welcome to the club bro, if u have any equipment related question, you can post ur question at Canon Thread under 1000D General Discussion. k...

    Hehe..actually we have misuse the authority there. thats y this thread at kopitiam are started.

    Regarding of the tees.. yah we planning on merchandising 1000D club tees..for our club members..but thats all are still under planning.

    K have fun with ur gear..
    I guess we should have argued that the t-shirt was necessary equipment for photography .. ha ha ..

    Brian .. which PnS did you upgrade from? You can ask questions about equipment at the Equipment Discussion thread over at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488888

  10. #10

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Bros
    I am currently offshore Benghazi, Libya. Had a harrowing Heli ride from Malta.
    And I have internet connection but painfully slow. No time to use my trusted 1000D yet. Now only shoot with my Canon Ixus P&S. As plenty of work before settling down.

    I will upload some shots or snap shots whenever I have the chance, so check my flickr and we can comms there.

    HELI (HELL) Ride. Had the chopper all by myself he he, cost the company a 'bomb'.


    cheers
    cakka/Flickr

  11. #11

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie View Post
    Bros
    I am currently offshore Benghazi, Libya. Had a harrowing Heli ride from Malta.
    And I have internet connection but painfully slow. No time to use my trusted 1000D yet. Now only shoot with my Canon Ixus P&S. As plenty of work before settling down.

    I will upload some shots or snap shots whenever I have the chance, so check my flickr and we can comms there.

    HELI (HELL) Ride. Had the chopper all by myself he he, cost the company a 'bomb'.


    cheers
    Walow...you sure you working on rig meh??? Looks like FBI or something like that...libya somemore and whole chopper to yourself...

  12. #12
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by cakkarudie View Post
    Bros
    I am currently offshore Benghazi, Libya. Had a harrowing Heli ride from Malta.
    And I have internet connection but painfully slow. No time to use my trusted 1000D yet. Now only shoot with my Canon Ixus P&S. As plenty of work before settling down.

    I will upload some shots or snap shots whenever I have the chance, so check my flickr and we can comms there.

    HELI (HELL) Ride. Had the chopper all by myself he he, cost the company a 'bomb'.


    cheers
    wOW CHAKKA...
    u LOOK LIKE VIN DIESEL IN TRIPLE X...heheheh. power ah take helicopter...got do parashooting or not.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Hi guys

    Another sporting event for you guys to take note,,,22 March ( Big Splash @ Marine Parade )

    http://www.ironman703singapore.com/

  14. #14
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    wa so fast sia ...
    was not home for a day
    then another thread in kpt haha !

    cakka , when are you coming back ?
    Moments

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    579

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Thanks bro for creating this thread. I hope the rest could find us here.

    Quote Originally Posted by netjackalsg View Post
    Hey guys .. I created this thread as the moderators killed our regular one for TCSS-ing too much. I guess we can put our non-equipment related discussions here.

    I wish the moderators gave a little more warning about closing down threads for irrelevancy as I am pretty sure we would have taken heed as we did internally when we all agreed to keep the monthly theme and photo thread free of chatter.

    Oh well ... here we are .. anyone knows how to get the thread MOVED to here can let me know?

    Kopitiam thread - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4890767
    thread III - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485689
    thread II - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481494
    thread I - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452301
    Mio Cade flickr

  16. #16
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    when will be the next outing shoot ? XP ~
    Moments

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    579

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    All bros and sis..I would say ignore the unwelcome remark.. we are doing great..just move on..and bro Fatah is right... we have never started any flaming war... and we are not going to start any.. so just press on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatah View Post
    Hi guys..

    Do we ever or any of us here start a flaming war..regarding commenting on our 1000D photo gallery and saying that PnS is better, hmm i dont exactly recall any of our member start a flaming war here, right??..

    All this while our thread are so peace and happening..since mostly of us noob..so kiasu, everything want to learn, and best thing is we always share opinions. We take our C&C as a stepping stone for us to excel on our interest in photography.

    anyway, its human nature..so enthusiastic..but people like us are at learning stage sometimes tends to forget the rules and regulations..and rules are meant to be broken. hehe.

    K i talk enough..
    please check this link..http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=1000D

    I believe some people might have misunderstood when reading our thread..

    anyway cheers,,auntyyyyyy 1 milo peng pleaseeeee!!
    Mio Cade flickr

  18. #18
    Member haslansalam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    can we discuss about equipments here in the 'kopitiam' or need to be at 'MS Color' to discuss?

    we do not have any threat on equipments
    facebook page | I don't have L lens

  19. #19

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Hello!

  20. #20
    Member axis90x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    1,385

    Default Re: Club1000D - TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hello!
    hello
    Moments

Page 1 of 49 12361126 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •