Thread: The Unknown

Default The Unknown

i find this picture to give the dramatic feeling. Dark, where the lights doesnt reach the full picture but only the exit.

15sec F3.5 ISO 200
    fisheye, with tripod of course
    well the place is very very dark so ya, 15secs gave it this feeling

i also asked my friend to walk slowly to give the hazy figure of a person to give the ghostly effect.

just wanna know what you think as a viewer

Default Re: The Unknown

feel is nice, but too much black. this picture will only be nice if its actually printed matt to A0 and put against a black wall. cos the person you are trying to convey as a ghost is too small to be appreciated.

probably you just need to crop to the center will do... in this shot... no diff using a fisheye or wideangle since a distortion is not noticable when you only take the center.

if you're going to use as a movie poster, then this shot will score. cos u got space to write the movie title, credits, etc...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I like this image, but I feel it could do with slightly less negative space. Maybe about 10% less. Good usage of the negative space though, it really adds to the mood.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    I like this image, but I feel it could do with slightly less negative space. Maybe about 10% less. Good usage of the negative space though, it really adds to the mood.
    Yup, i agree. Slightly cropping off some of the negative space'll be nice, imho. The ghostly effect is nice but too small to actually scrutinize!

Why don't you post a bigger picture?
    Last edited by Daedalus Trent; 18th March 2009 at 12:48 PM.

This is a great image.

I agree with the others that it would make a great movie poster but for an image maybe needs a tighter crop.

One idea is that for a movie poster look you might even want to play with the angle to make it look a little more dramatic (just an idea). Well done.
    Canon 400D + BG-E3 . EF-S 17-85mm 4-5.6 IS . EF 75-300mm 4-5.6 IS
    http://aselley.zenfolio.com/

For ghostly feeling, i think the tiny head resting on the root at " SBG " (under Landscape, transferred from Portrait ) is stronger.

to be honest, i cannot see the details, so i won't comment.

maybe it will work large. but right now, cannot see, so how to comment anything?

can see that the corridor is somewhat slanted??? maybe u shoulc straighten it
    "If triangles had Gods, they would be three-sided"
    Flickr|

Quote Originally Posted by EOS Revolution View Post
    can see that the corridor is somewhat slanted??? maybe u shoulc straighten it
    I do believe the slant looks noticeable enough to be intentional. Maybe the TS can let us know his intention with the slant?

the slant is fine, but a bit more would be better; in this case a sense of forboding is wanted, a slant helps with this

personally i would have preferred a larger slant and a closer up. perhaps the lit area could take about 1/3 of the picture.

nonetheless, i think this is a good shot.

As mentioned by others earier, I also felt that too much darken area in the photo, if lesser will be better.