Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It show was a disaster!!!

Deregistered

Default Re: It show was a disaster!!!

i took a bus to suntec. and jammed outside Suntec for 30mins. Cars all not moving.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post

The roads are jammed and it'll be difficult for rescue vehicle to come in.
    Ya ... most Singapore drivers don't know how to make a hole for emergency vehicles to get through ...

Default Some Conspiracy? Or plain irresponsible fellow motorist.

This week...since Friday, I have been around Marina Square area. I found that the carpark notice board had the "Carpark Full" indication up. Well...strangely for the three days, Friday, Saturday & Sunday (today where I parked in Marina Square to got to the IT show) - the same sign board that lists the parking availability shows "Carpark Full" for Marina square.

For the three straight days, I just ignored the sign board and easily went into the parking and found that there were "many" empty lots. Many ....as in enough for me not to have to do a tour round the car park for say a minute or two. All three days, I got to park right when I enter the car park.

So discussed with my wife today....and kinda thought of the possible reason. Illegal Parking. Seems like the Marina Square Parking uses counters instead of lots-sensors. So there were tonnes of illegal parking...singapore style...squeezing on the sides of the narrow parking routes.

Apparently if say there are 500 lots occupied at 10am. and another 50 cars park illegally at that time....and for the next hour or so, 50 "real" lots are emptied....then the system will still trigger the "Carpark Full" on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    like machiam no recession like that...
    Until now I still dun believe we have recession.

Default Re: Some Conspiracy? Or plain irresponsible fellow motorist.

Agree. The signs were really misleading. I see a tail back of cars from one end of nicole highway to mountbatten road. But i saw 40 to 70 empty parking lots in each building on the electronic sign board.

i think even the machines buay tahan liao All gone SIAO in this crazy show.

Quote Originally Posted by sulhan View Post
    This week...since Friday, I have been around Marina Square area. I found that the carpark notice board had the "Carpark Full" indication up. Well...strangely for the three days, Friday, Saturday & Sunday (today where I parked in Marina Square to got to the IT show) - the same sign board that lists the parking availability shows "Carpark Full" for Marina square.

For the three straight days, I just ignored the sign board and easily went into the parking and found that there were "many" empty lots. Many ....as in enough for me not to have to do a tour round the car park for say a minute or two. All three days, I got to park right when I enter the car park.

So discussed with my wife today....and kinda thought of the possible reason. Illegal Parking. Seems like the Marina Square Parking uses counters instead of lots-sensors. So there were tonnes of illegal parking...singapore style...squeezing on the sides of the narrow parking routes.

Apparently if say there are 500 lots occupied at 10am. and another 50 cars park illegally at that time....and for the next hour or so, 50 "real" lots are emptied....then the system will still trigger the "Carpark Full" on the boards.

How come this type of shows. Civil defences did not do spot checks. Civil defences always conduct spot check and fines legitimate bussiness. But not events show.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Success for ME!
    Cos I've suceeded to resist going to the show. Hehehe...
    We've voiced our concerns here; wonder if anyone from the CD / organisers take note?
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    How come this type of shows. Civil defences did not do spot checks. Civil defences always conduct spot check and fines legitimate bussiness. But not events show.
    CD would only go when someone dials 995 for help.

Its a lovely weekend. even CD crew were stuck in the crowds. LOL save themselves better as they cant move at all in the crowd.

All i can say is, there should be greater efforts to involve LTA for traffic lights planning, CD for standby crew, ambulances for emergencies and last but not least, the common sense for the mall management and show organisors. simply a failed event as most people lost the mood in buying when they start thinking about how to get out of there.

After I saw big crowd today, I asked myself......"Where got Recession???"

I think Organizers should set up an In | Out Channel along near the glass door of the entrance leading to MRT side. There always got human traffic jam in every IT/PC show.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJelly View Post
    After I saw big crowd today, I asked myself......"Where got Recession???"

I think Organizers should set up an In | Out Channel along near the glass door of the entrance leading to MRT side. There always got human traffic jam in every IT/PC show.

Yes, correct i agreed with u, but how many are buying?
    Don't make assumptions from the crowd.

Spendings may have gone down, people are buying less or cheaper stuff.
    Seller have to absorb more costs and sell more items to breakeven.

EXPO is still the better venue after all.

Time to change venue to Expo?

it's a matter of time before a stampede happens. no need to elaborate on what will happen after that.

i hope people don't bring kids there. leave the kids with grandparents or babysitter or something.

i avoided it fair this year. had more urgent matters to attend to. but when i dropped by challenger a few days ago to look for something, they were saying they would match IT fair prices

there will be a couple of really crazy bargains (like last year's 32inch LCD TV deal) but the rest of the stuff isn't really cheaper than what one can get at SLS on a normal day, with some legwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Until now I still dun believe we have recession.
    Well, most were the "look see look see" types. Even for myself who was previously set about a 50" full HD plasma, I settled in a far more affordable 42" one instead.

The organizers perhaps can claim success in the turnout. But the conversion to sales is another story.

Btw, I went at about 6pm when the rain has somewhat stopped. Used the Marina Square route and enjoyed fairly fluid "human herd" traffic

LG had a 50" plasma going for 2099! But my brother bought the 47" LCD instead for 1999 + 200bucks vouchers

i heard it was made worse with the problems in the show. that for 1 hour no one was able to pay any of the items and the queue just lengthened.....
    Last edited by cyquek; 16th March 2009 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    That's why I seldom go. Just to save a few hundreds of bargain for this type of crowdedness not worth it for me.
    Just have fun joining them.

Was there on the first day. No so crowded!

credits to a member of hwz lol
    fifthjune.com
    ixus860

should have went on the first day. the things i bought didn't dropped their prices on the last day

Went to Funan instead. Many shops were selling portable HDD at the IT Show prices. No crowds, no queue, easy to get food too.
    Alpha

That's why after going to the IT show few years back, i told myself i will not go to another.
    I will not even go near the area during the event days.
    Just the thought of squeezing with the crowd and jamming on the road puts me off.
    Not to mention, i can get around the same price at Funan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast