Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

  1. #21
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    I dun think its represented by MSC wor. Cos it says on their background Hai Chew. The guys also told me they are from Hai Chew.
    The Sony booth on the 2nd floor is by Hai Chew, the 4th floor is by MSC

  2. #22

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    I didn't see Alpha on the 4th floor leh.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Thanks for all the advice.

    I called all the shops and noone can match what the IT show offered, cos its by Sony directly, only passed on by the retailers.

    So I went to IT show, brave the crowds and walk from citylink mall for 20 mins, went upstairs, queue up for 30 mins, lugged 3 big bags of goodies back through citylink mall where my car is parked at Raffles City.

    All the freebies at $1099 for A300K, tot about the A350K, in the end, didn't think I need the extra 4mega pix cos I dun print poster.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    Thanks for all the advice.

    I called all the shops and noone can match what the IT show offered, cos its by Sony directly, only passed on by the retailers.

    So I went to IT show, brave the crowds and walk from citylink mall for 20 mins, went upstairs, queue up for 30 mins, lugged 3 big bags of goodies back through citylink mall where my car is parked at Raffles City.

    All the freebies at $1099 for A300K, tot about the A350K, in the end, didn't think I need the extra 4mega pix cos I dun print poster.

    Good choice on A300. I chose it over A350 too for it's faster bursting speed and do not need large prints...and it's $200 cheaper...

  5. #25

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Nice buy on the A300.
    ENjoy your new dslr.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Good buy.

    Congrats on your purchase. Hope to see you in our outings soon.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    362

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Congrats! Welcome to the world of DSLR, awaiting to see your work soon

  8. #28

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Sure, although I only got 1 lens at the moment.

    I have an old Minolta Manual SLR camera with 50mm lens, but the mount is different so cannot use. I thought can use initially until I tried to mount it on. LOL.

    Anyway, I'll take pictures of my old minolta camera and post soon. The old minolta is broken though. The film winder is stuck and the view finder got black strip of something. Anyone know where to get it fixed? I learned photography in University using manual camera and films so its a bit sentimental to me.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    I didn't see Alpha on the 4th floor leh.
    So you managed to find the Alpha.....

  10. #30

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post

    I have an old Minolta Manual SLR camera with 50mm lens, but the mount is different so cannot use. I thought can use initially until I tried to mount it on. LOL.
    You can use with a MD to Alpha adapter

  11. #31

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    So you managed to find the Alpha.....
    No Leh, Sunday was super packed, didn't bother to go upstairs, just went and queue up at Level 3 Hai Chew booth and buy. Since freebies is the same.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan10k View Post
    You can use with a MD to Alpha adapter
    Ha ha ha. I think no need to buy the adapter lah, I read the FAQ here: http://www.mhohner.de/sony-minolta/faq.php and the guys siad no point putting MF lens into Alpha.

    I'll just used the old lens with my old minolta film SLR lah. Just need to repair the film SLR. But dunno go where repair.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    No Leh, Sunday was super packed, didn't bother to go upstairs, just went and queue up at Level 3 Hai Chew booth and buy. Since freebies is the same.
    Thought it's recession, yet it seems it's more packed than before....

  14. #34
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Buying Sony Alpha A300 Digital SLR Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    Ha ha ha. I think no need to buy the adapter lah, I read the FAQ here: http://www.mhohner.de/sony-minolta/faq.php and the guys siad no point putting MF lens into Alpha.

    I'll just used the old lens with my old minolta film SLR lah. Just need to repair the film SLR. But dunno go where repair.
    You can try The Camera Hospital.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •