Thread: The old man

Smile The old man

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

I would like to seek some advice on the composition and technique.
    This photo is taken with Nikon FM10 with Nikon 135mm f/2.8 Ai-s and Fujifilm Superia 200 in late afternoon.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I would like to show the impact ofcontrast between the old man and the soccer players

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    a bunch of young men playing soccer and a gray hair old man sitting behind the corner of the field make me feel the difference and perhaps the desire of the old man to be young again

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    i feel this can be better if i capture more soccer players

to make a man broke, give him a camera
    flickr

Default Re: The old man

would be better if can capture facial expression

The contrast would have more depth if the soccer players are young, but the soccer players are old, so the impact is not as great. My personal opinion.
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

perhaps if shot when the ball is in action within the picture frame would be better, brings in more of the 'youthful actions'; the players looks as though are just standing ard not involved.. and yar i agree that younger players would be better. or at least not balding ones~
    Nikon D90 User

I shall be more patient, and perhaps do some pp with the bald one hahahaha..
    to make a man broke, give him a camera
    flickr

This is a sneak shot, meaning sneaking from behind...

Lenses focal length no long enough.

That guy with hands on hip are just as old. Bald or thinning of hair not necessary means old fart nowadays with so much stress and msg consumption.

Vehicles at the back should be excluded, that means did not select proper view point, most probably due to the fact that this is a sneak picture. I/We do get water hose at us and chair thrown at us when we tend to move too close for that " tight cropping " portraiture. But usually these are old folks which are superst...about picture taking, not all.

Can always try again.