Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Advice - DSLR

  1. #1

    Default Advice - DSLR

    hi guys, am a newbie to SLRs.. am getting my 450D used from the forum.

    anything that i should look out for when checking the cam?

    thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Advice - DSLR

    1. Check autofocus and exposure - Take a shot and check.
    2. Check flash - Take another shot with flash
    3. Test for buttons - Press and turn every buttons and knobs and make sure the LCD shows the appropriate changes
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

  3. #3

    Default Re: Advice - DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by glatorian View Post
    hi guys, am a newbie to SLRs.. am getting my 450D used from the forum.

    anything that i should look out for when checking the cam?

    thanks!
    Asked many times before... Please try a search.
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: Advice - DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Asked many times before... Please try a search.

    oops.. sorry,

    one quick question - is it usual for the camera to come with store warranty instead of canon warranty?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Advice - DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by glatorian View Post
    oops.. sorry,

    one quick question - is it usual for the camera to come with store warranty instead of canon warranty?
    No, that means it's a grey set. No local warranty.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: Advice - DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    No, that means it's a grey set. No local warranty.


    thanks dude! think better not to buy.. perhaps brand new is the only way to go..

  7. #7

    Default Re: Advice - DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by glatorian View Post
    thanks dude! think better not to buy.. perhaps brand new is the only way to go..
    Or get from the CS marketplace. Many sets have official warranty.
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default Re: Advice - DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by glatorian View Post
    thanks dude! think better not to buy.. perhaps brand new is the only way to go..
    to be honest, most dslrs do not need local warranty of one year only. one year is hardly the time when problems develop. if problems develop they generally do so quickly, in which case an exchange with the store would have been done.

    in any case, different people have differnet levels of tolerance. i usually buy grey because of limited budget. so far, nothing went wrong. but if you do not wish to take the risk, then best to buy new.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •