Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G10, LX3, or any other better options? :)

Default Re: G10, LX3, or any other better options? :)

Quote Originally Posted by midicity View Post
    Well, even the dpreview reviewer , who doesn't like the g10, agreed that at low ISO, where noise levels are low, the G10 pictures win because it has higher resolving power, more details because of larger megapixels in the sensor. In fact, at this point in time (14-3-2009), probably the highest resolving P&S at low ISO.
    It's at higher ISO, where the noise reduction kicks in that the advantage of the higher megapixels are lost
    However, if you're just printing 4R, probably not much difference between LX3 & G10

In terms of vibrancy, just select the suitable Picture Styles in Canon for your taste. There are some picture styles in canon that is too saturated for my taste.

when u say more details........wat does it actually mean?

I think i will get the LX3......comparing it with F200EXR , F200EXR colour still.......very compact type results leh.....

G10 sounds good also.......but I dont like tanks also.........i must make my pocket bigger to lug it around man. But i do own a Canon Ixus 60 now

I just hope........there is a longer zoom LX3 soon..........then I'll wait....... not in absolute urgency to get a new camera anyway =/

Anyway keep the advise coming, I m learning alot :P

and for Fuji pros.........u have my support cos i was once a proud owner of F601Z "ferrari designed" compact..... bought it when it is out at $999 ......it serves me very well for years.......until dunno why the battery keeps run dry even after changing a new one. It is v responsive n reliable and gives good pics. Unlike canon ixus.......dont get me started .....lol anyway m a noob, not v good at describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis View Post
    when u say more details........wat does it actually mean?

Details - as in resolving power. Means at low ISOs, you can probably see very small details in the g10 that might not be seen in the LX3. Again, probably no difference if you're only printing 4R

Good choice on the LX3. Enjoy ur cam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12