Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you hold your DSLR?

Default Re: How do you hold your DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    Noob here.
    Usually my left hand holding the lens is in the normal 'U' position cupping it.

However, when I'm shooting something that will require quick zoom(rotary, not slide type) changes, I find it much easier to hold it in an 'C' or 'N' position.

Do you guys do that as well?
    Just hold whichever position feels natural to you.

Quote Originally Posted by wyred View Post
    I usually hold it by the body.

I've seen people hold it by the attached lens. I have this fear that it will break from the weight of the body. Too paranoid?
    i usually balance it on my nose on top of a satay stick.

just kidding. you can hold it any way you want, though if you want to shoot fast when the opportunity arises, i would think that holding it by the body is preferable.

that said, some lens/camera combination, probably better to hold by lens, for example, imagine if you have a 300-800 mm, the camera looks like a toy stuck to the lens, it would probably be better to use the lens as a point of holding rather than the other way around, because of moments.

Well I hold the camera by the body only.

Yet again... I only have a 50mm lens.

So it feels pretty weird for me to put one hand below the lens.

Quote Originally Posted by wyred View Post
    Haha, ok. Because that time my friend wants to test my camera, he took it from me by the lens. Inside me I panicked.
    then in that case, you should know whether your fren is a fellow photographer or not.. coz i also do have some frens who tried to hold my dslr not by the body or lens.. but by grabbing the manual focusing ring.. Thank goodness i saw that, and stopped him from using my camera.. and i banned him from ever using my camera..

FYI.. i hold my camera with one hand on grip, the other in a 'U' shape arnd the lens..
    EOS 30D+50mm MKII+18-55mm IS.. What I use do not define me.. Its the photos that I take that will..

That's why never ever let your friends touch your camera if they do not have the knowledge of the equipments.
    To them, a Nikon D3 and Canon 1D is just another camera.

Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    That's why never ever let your friends touch your camera if they do not have the knowledge of the equipments.
    To them, a Nikon D3 and Canon 1D is just another camera.
    No... They will more likely think that a 1000D with grip and a 1Ds MKIII are the same thing

They will think that the IXUS is just another camera.... Speaking of which, I think IXUS takes pretty good photos, what do u guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    No... They will more likely think that a 1000D with grip and a 1Ds MKIII are the same thing

They will think that the IXUS is just another camera.... Speaking of which, I think IXUS takes pretty good photos, what do u guys think?
    Canon makes pretty decent PnS cameras.
    Used to owned a Powershot and love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12