Thread: Sunset at Pasir Ris

Default Sunset at Pasir Ris

Went there yesterday.

Can I know if the pic feels OK....hope I've not overdone on the PS.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I like this shot. There are so many activities going on that makes it really interesting. Maybe a little too much sky but the colors are great.

Default sunset

Hi CYRN

YES! It's a beautiful sunset, I like the sky.

IMHO, i wonder if the pic would be better without the guy in front,
    it's a bit distracting plus the head has merged with the background too.

Just thinking aloud...

Composition is nice... but I find the colours too saturated... and it seems quite noisy too...

But I really like the way u shot it...

I was trying to put the sky (may main subject) into prespective.

The guy seemed to be looking at the horizon, isolated from the beach activities, similarly, the sky above have a sort of "isolation" or "loftiness" against the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chins
    Composition is nice... but I find the colours too saturated... and it seems quite noisy too...

But I really like the way u shot it...
    That's why I'm checking with you guys on saturation, I can't understand why some people see the image as oversaturated but others are OK. Cuz, on my monitor is undersaturated.

As for noise.. can't seem to get rid of it without over smoothing the details. Any tips?
    Last edited by CYRN; 19th October 2003 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN

As for noise.. can't seem to get rid of it without over smoothing the details. Any tips?
    For noise reduction, you could refer to this site, http://www.neatimage.com. There is free demo for you to try. I found it to be relatively good in end result provided you don't over use it.

Cheers

Steven Tor

hi stor, i also encounter noise problems... tried the software you recommend but dunno how to use...

can advise on how to use?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    hi stor, i also encounter noise problems... tried the software you recommend but dunno how to use...

can advise on how to use?
    thanks
    You could go to their site and follow the basic steps instructions that is pretty straight forward. Try a picture that the subject have a clear background and you could see the real difference. The free demo only allows you to save in Jpeg format.

Cheers

Steven Tor

Quote Originally Posted by stor
    You could go to their site and follow the basic steps instructions that is pretty straight forward. Try a picture that the subject have a clear background and you could see the real difference. The free demo only allows you to save in Jpeg format.

Cheers

Steven Tor
    thanks, stor...

i will try and see.....

guess i still prefer the software from www.mediachance.com

a software name photo-brush....i guess its also another tool to remove noise.....

everybody can try....theres free trial software to download from their site...

sorry... heres the link

http://www.mediachance.com

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    That's why I'm checking with you guys on saturation, I can't understand why some people see the image as oversaturated but others are OK. Cuz, on my monitor is undersaturated.

I guess with only the sky and the trees, people won't complain that it's over-saturated. But when the skin colour of people are turning orange -- it's a sign of over saturation.