Thread: AV-Receiver

Default AV-Receiver

I am going to buy a AV-receiver. Maybe Denon Avr 2803. Anyone know the price?

if I remember correctly, about $12xx.

Regards
    CK

thanks! ckiang. Btw do you know any good a/v shop in sim lim square?

try Alpha Audio at 1st floor... i get most of my stuff from them

Quote Originally Posted by clement
    thanks! ckiang. Btw do you know any good a/v shop in sim lim square?
    Not too sure, I usually visit Adelphi. Good hifi shops that sell consumer hifi are now very rare. My AVR is from AV one, the malay chap there is pretty friendly. You can also try KEC in Adelphi. They have wide range of products.

Regards
    CK

go to KEC @ Adelphi, u'll get better service there. Good price too.

KEC @ Adelphi.. ask for Clarence....

Suggest u audition the Denon against Yamaha av amps. There is this THX certified RX-V1400 which is abt the same price or slightly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by ianphua
    KEC @ Adelphi.. ask for Clarence....
    Becareful of letting him psycho you.
    Always take his word with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Well.... ever encouter this incident.

This guy went there with a budget of $700 for a sub-woofer, and then he asked Clarence to show him some of the more expensive ones... of course as a salesperson, can he say no? Well.. he did 'warn' that guy that if he is comfortable with the $700 sub, then he should just go with it... becos he wouldnt need a more powerfull and more $$ sub for a small room in HDB and also if he were to try out the more expensive sub, he wouldnt be satisfied with the $700 sub....

He had a hard time trying to persuade the guy to stick with the cheaper one, but this guy was a bit.... (father paying anyway.....) Clarence even offered him a deal that he will let him have the more expensive sub to try for a few days and if the sub is too boomy in the HDB bedroom, then he can go back for the cheaper one.... BUT the guy didnt want to 'budge' and wanted the more $$ ones.....

So.. i dun really think he psychoed the customer... Clarence couldnt reject to show his customer what they request rite??

If you were to go to the other shop across them.... the 'famed' blacked one... tat would BE HELL.... as they wouldnt even entertain any 'tom, dick, or harry'...
    if you gave him a low budget.. more likely he would say "sorry no such system for you'..... wat customer service...

I think Clarence is quite ok, he'll proposed whatever according to your budget, but if you insist to pay more for better stuff, I don't think he'll say no.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Usual suggestion: "Do your research first before buying"

Overall, I must say that I am pleased with Clarence's service. When I bought my HT stuffs from them, I had to shell out a bit more for the sub I bought... but found it worth it (later then I realized that the model I was after was not that good). If you want a higher chance of getting a good service from them, a good time to visit them will be during weekdays, where they tend to have lesser customers. Thus you'll have more time to chit-chat and audition your stuffs before paying

:Later,

KEC carries Denon products?

Quote Originally Posted by ianphua
    Well.... ever encouter this incident.

This guy went there with a budget of $700 for a sub-woofer, and then he asked Clarence to show him some of the more expensive ones... of course as a salesperson, can he say no? Well.. he did 'warn' that guy that if he is comfortable with the $700 sub, then he should just go with it... becos he wouldnt need a more powerfull and more $$ sub for a small room in HDB and also if he were to try out the more expensive sub, he wouldnt be satisfied with the $700 sub....

He had a hard time trying to persuade the guy to stick with the cheaper one, but this guy was a bit.... (father paying anyway.....) Clarence even offered him a deal that he will let him have the more expensive sub to try for a few days and if the sub is too boomy in the HDB bedroom, then he can go back for the cheaper one.... BUT the guy didnt want to 'budge' and wanted the more $$ ones.....

So.. i dun really think he psychoed the customer... Clarence couldnt reject to show his customer what they request rite??

If you were to go to the other shop across them.... the 'famed' blacked one... tat would BE HELL.... as they wouldnt even entertain any 'tom, dick, or harry'...
    if you gave him a low budget.. more likely he would say "sorry no such system for you'..... wat customer service...

Well if that is what you think, I've nothing to say.